Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Allias

Recruit
Summary: My warband of 400 something troops (not in army) and I were marching towards a sieged castle, upon launching an attack on the encampment instead of being put into Order of Battle it immediately started battle, disregarding the fact my party is well above 20 troops for OOB to activate.
How to Reproduce: Enemy army of over 1000 troops (don't know if relevant or not), sieging castle, attack with a party from outside the castle.
Caravan Ambush mission as mentioned by Gadheras.
Edit: After a few battles, and especially after a siege defense (Order of Battle didnt work there), after attacking an army I get Order of Battle view, I do not know if it is something random bugging it, or it just took a few moments for the 1.1.0 update to integrate properly into my savefile, still it works at random moments.
Theory: Might have to do when "joining" an ongoing battle(siege defense, forced into field fight, joining ally field fight), that one seems to be certain to cancel me out of OOB.

Last edited:
It happes with every battle you join in on. It skip pre-battle formations and dump you into battle. It also ignore any pre-set formations you would have had and sprinkle in companions based on their skills.

Just do a caravan ambush mission to re-produce easy.

Could you send us a save file just before the siege so that we can take a look?
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I've been informed that when the player is the third party on the quest Caravan Ambush or when the player is not the faction leader on siege defences or the player is not the owner of the sieged settlement on defence the order of battle is disabled. It is intended, not a bug. Thank you for reporting.

I've been informed that when the player is the third party on the quest Caravan Ambush or when the player is not the faction leader on siege defences or the player is not the owner of the sieged settlement on defence the order of battle is disabled. It is intended, not a bug. Thank you for reporting.

Since when was this intended? Because it worked before... If you have like a setup with six formations, own captains and banners etc. You get thrown into a battle with 3 formations, where anything on a horse is thrown into mixed cav/horse archer. Anything ranged is into ranged. Your companions is thrown into whereever based on their skills and not where you want them to be, or their gear. You have no captains or banners for your basic formations...

C'mon, this is not working as intended. If it does it had to be inclued in earlier patch notes as a change to gameplay but I don't recal seeing anything such. This sadly smells like a "easy way out" of a problem, and it discourage players to join in on a fight as a 3rd party.

I get it if the idea is to give no time for a pre-battle setup as you join a ongoing battle. BUT, you should at least be able to start the fight with the formations you already have been using. You are basically throwing the player into a fight in a disorganised state in a fight you pick yourself.

You did mean the second party right?

Just an FYI, you dont get battle orders when you join any existing battle, that was NOT how it was in 1.0.3 and earlier. When 1.1.0 was introduced this became a bug and was partially fixed. It "needs' to be fixes further so we get battle orders assisting the AI or is offers us no incentive to help as we fear losing too much

Last edited:
Just an FYI, you dont get battle orders when you join any existing battle, that was NOT how it was in 1.0.3 and earlier. When 1.1.0 was introduced this became a bug and was martially fixed. It "needs' to be fixes further so we get battle orders assisting the AI or is offers us no incentive to help as we fear losing too much

To state this intended when it removes the whole concept of captains, banners and formations is quite silly. It's like they got blinders and doesn't undestand the issue :sad:

yeah I could make a list of questionable decisions. I have never seen a developer ignore their community this much in the 27 years I have been beta testing games. Blows my mind

Hey!
I need to chime in on this thread and cover two things -

1. Marking this resolved is bogus as this IS a bug. The bad design choice aside - your formations aren't preserved so you have archers with infantry, infantry with cavalry and so on. The ability to manage formations in battle is non existent so when you join a battle you have to tediously move units around until you can get your companions back in their right formations. You guys added functionality to order of battle to fix the incorrect auto assignments of companions - only to strip away order of battle in a majority of battles - if you want to keep order of battle disabled you need to fix companion formation assignment so archer companions aren't paired with your cavalry.

2. Disabling Order of Battle makes no sense. If you are getting ambushed - sure. But there are no scenarios currently where the player is ambushed. Just because you are joining a battle in progress doesn't mean you wouldn't form up. Marching your troops into the range of cross bolts and bows without forming up is absurd - all this intended feature did is create headaches for the player and a bug for you guys to squash and it isn't realistic or fun. It's wild, to disable a powerful feature more than half the time, but it's not mine to make.

I've been waiting for this bug to get fixed since it was first released (I forget when now) so I am a little disappointed with this thread. That said - I am not the game designer so if you want to disable a critical feature half the time, that's your call - BUT you have to fix companion formation assignment. That is a bug that is a glaring issue with order of battle disabled a majority of your playthrough.

Then why was his working in 1.0.3? In 1.1.0 we didnt get any battle orders if we assisted the AI or they assisted us. You patched it so if they AI assisted us we got it, why fix half of it and not the other half. And if your saying this is intended, then why was this always working from 1.0.0 through 1.0.3

Hey!
I need to chime in on this thread and cover two things -

1. Marking this resolved is bogus as this IS a bug. The bad design choice aside - your formations aren't preserved so you have archers with infantry, infantry with cavalry and so on. The ability to manage formations in battle is non existent so when you join a battle you have to tediously move units around until you can get your companions back in their right formations. You guys added functionality to order of battle to fix the incorrect auto assignments of companions - only to strip away order of battle in a majority of battles - if you want to keep order of battle disabled you need to fix companion formation assignment so archer companions aren't paired with your cavalry.

2. Disabling Order of Battle makes no sense. If you are getting ambushed - sure. But there are no scenarios currently where the player is ambushed. Just because you are joining a battle in progress doesn't mean you wouldn't form up. Marching your troops into the range of cross bolts and bows without forming up is absurd - all this intended feature did is create headaches for the player and a bug for you guys to squash and it isn't realistic or fun. It's wild, to disable a powerful feature more than half the time, but it's not mine to make.

I've been waiting for this bug to get fixed since it was first released (I forget when now) so I am a little disappointed with this thread. That said - I am not the game designer so if you want to disable a critical feature half the time, that's your call - BUT you have to fix companion formation assignment. That is a bug that is a glaring issue with order of battle disabled a majority of your playthrough.

My biggest gripe is it invalidate your banners, captains, and your own formations. If the game could save/remember your formations so the only thing that changed would be you didn't get the pre-battle readyness, but just rolled onto the field with your previous used formations it would been okay. But, no.. We get thrown into battle like a bunch of lemmings rushing for a cliff...

I stopped 3rd party battles a lot due to this. Just not fun.

My biggest gripe is it invalidate your banners, captains, and your own formations. If the game could save/remember your formations so the only thing that changed would be you didn't get the pre-battle readyness, but just rolled onto the field with your previous used formations it would been okay. But, no.. We get thrown into battle like a bunch of lemmings rushing for a cliff...

I stopped 3rd party battles a lot due to this. Just not fun.
I haven't played much other than mod testing because of this - and yeah while I don't agree with the design choice it would be tolerable if formation formation auto-assignment wasn't broken when order of battle is disabled.

I am still in shock that was done intentionally though.

My point is why was the change made. I was not like this in 1.0.3. So why was this crucial to the game and someone ha to worry about it. The system was fine so why tinker with a working mechanic only to upset your player base. TW explain that

My point is why was the change made. I was not like this in 1.0.3. So why was this crucial to the game and someone ha to worry about it. The system was fine so why tinker with a working mechanic only to upset your player base. TW explain that
Exactly.

It's why it being intentional caught me off guard. Why break a system for a feature that is neither fun nor realistic?

The worst part of this "Excuse" is that you can still tell your troops where to go after the battle starts. You just don't have the ability to make deployment choices before the battle starts. This is just nonsensical. You are telling me that I can't pre-deploy because I don't own the town or I didn't start the battle, but then I can suddenly retain command of my troops during the battle. It is literally just an unnecessary removal of a feature.

I understand not being able to redeploy local militias and garrisons and siege engines if I don't own the settlement or I wasn't the one who started the siege, but what about my troops? What about just my character? Am I not free to put myself where I want? Am I not a mercenary ranked above the common soldier and paid by the faction leader? And what about instances where I come to the aid of allied parties? Why do I lose the ability to redeploy? How can the lords engaged in battle know that I was coming and then proceeded to deploy my troops for me? Furthermore, the army system exists and works fine for confined deployment. What was the point of all this?

The same applies for the removal of music in hideouts. I remember the nonsensical reason from another dev response was "its a stealth mission. so music was removed," but I apparently my character yelling "TROOPS" at the top of their lungs was not loud enough to alert the bandits.

Back
Top Bottom