Order of Battle appreciation station

Users who are viewing this thread

fokkarl

Recruit
Just a thread where the focus is on the positives on the system.
Post examples where the system has worked well for you and tips for using it.

Plenty of threads with a more critical aproach on this around here (both constructive and not)

I'm just interested in another side on the issue.

placing of troopsbefore battle is something i love especcialy when i'm on defending side.
Getting to see what terrain i'm working with before the poop hit the fan.
The preference system works like a charm for me with different cavalry groups.

I'm just interested in another side on the issue.
There's no other side, it a rough draft and needs a lot of fixes and additions. It's impossible to praise anything without a BUT*
I like A placing troops before battle BUT I can't put them at the actual edge of the map so I have to move them all any ways!
I like B setting captains BUT I don't like that they disturb the performance of some units just give me the perk effects!
I like A and B BUT selecting specific units (just barrowed troops, just X recruit and so on) in addition would 10X faster and convenient
And then stuff like formations for the most part are just cosmetic, many formations don't behave or format properly, both formation behavior and group assignment gets mixed all up in many siege maps and on and on and on there are so many related issues that undermine the OOB system.
It's a a start but the long time passing without improvement is concerning. We're past the "just hold on guyz I'm sure they'll add back specific troops selection soon".

I appreciate the ability of placing my horse archers to left flank and cavalry to right, on the contrary of how TW places them by default, and avoiding the chaos happened at the start of each battle. This has been the only use of OoB for me so far. I don't really care about the commander buffs.

It's great, if only you can sort specific troops into the groups and lock them there from the party screen, its a bit of a mess to do a different group for my high mobility skirmishers, pikemen, etc.
Other than that part being a bit finnicky, and from what i understand, it should be added in the future.
I consider it a great feature.

It´s sad that TW hasn´t done much since OOB was introduced.
Its... Been 3 months, how fast do you expect this stuff to happen? ?

Back
Top Bottom