Resolved Order of Battle: Access to other party captains when only in command of your own party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Blood Gryphon

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: When you join a battle as a solo party you only get to control your own troops while the AI controls the rest of the parties in that battle. It seems like a bug that I can select other lords that are not in my party as captains of my men.

Does this mean that my AI allies parties are not getting captain bonuses because i only get to do the OOB for my party?

How to Reproduce: Join an ongoing battle
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Bo7dS.jpg

I've been informed that the game checks the skill level of the player hero and if it is the highest among all other commanders the player is able to select and command other formations as well. So not a bug.

I've been informed that the game checks the skill level of the player hero and if it is the highest among all other commanders the player is able to select and command other formations as well. So not a bug.
Thats not what im talking about here, I explained poorly, let me try again.

In the scenario above I am only in command of my own formations. You can see that blob of horses is about 100 cavalry and i only have control over my own 21 cavalry, this is fine and expected, i joined the battle between armies as a solo party so the original army has control over its own troops. None of this is the bug.

The bug is that i have access to the captains from that army for my solo party formations. My worry is now the majority of troops on my team (because im only 140 troops of the 500+) dont have captain bonuses because the only ones who have captains are my 140 troops instead of the entire army.

What im suggesting is if you dont have full control over the entire army, you should only be able to select your own captains meanwhile your AI allied lords have their own captains for their portion of the army that you have no control over. I hope our allied AI parties captains are being selected in the background like it does for enemy AI parties in battle (i assume).

Last edited:
Could you send us the save file where you captured this screenshot? We will investigate.
So i dont have the save for that screenshot but i have provided another one right before a similar scenario.

In the save i provided if you join the battle at Uthelaim castle, you will get the option to set Tovir, Galyk, and Byram as captains even though they are not in my party and are a part of the army that i dont have control over. In my opinion we should only have access to nobles in my party for captains if I don't have full control of the battle.

Submitted a ticket with the save, linked to this post.

Back
Top Bottom