SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Option to toggle companion deaths on/off

Users who are viewing this thread

Chalkstix

Recruit
I joined an army of my liege and in the first battle against another army (which we won by the way) 2 of my companions died. I was in charge of archers, and it seems I had 0 control of my companions or troops in general. It just felt as random as a roll of a dice that I lost 2 companions that I'd been training and gearing up for ages. All that progress is lost in an instant, and while some might enjoy the hardcore gameplay of losing a huge time investment like that by chance, I find it utterly pointless and frustrating to the point where I didn't feel like playing the game anymore.

If random companion deaths in big battles are somehow tied to the birth/death option at the start of the game, it shouldn't be. While I like the idea of building and playing a Dynasty from generation to generation, it feels tedious to train up new companions everytime the dice rolls feel like punishing you (which already takes forever).

For those who do enjoy companions dying, a slider could be implemented to adjust the risk of this happening.

Back
Top Bottom