Option to have standardized armour/equipment in tournaments?

Users who are viewing this thread

zoo

Knight at Arms
I was quite surprised to join a tournament and see that while weapons and shields were standardized, armour was certainly not! I was facing off in cloth armour against an Imperial Cataphract and lost. Hoping that the devs could see this and change it in the future so that tournaments will be more balanced.

I disagree, if you've still got cloth armor, perhaps you're just joining tournaments too early, you're not suppose to be a superhero from day one. With that being said, I've won a few tourneys already with the basic loot I got off of looters.

I had no problem with the two tournaments I fought in. You get random armor and weapons sets.
On the other hand I always lose in the regular arena fights. :grin:

Oh and I also won a camel in the tournament, which I quite cool

That is fair and you are probably right that I'm joining tournaments too early. Perhaps a toggleable option, though, like how it was in Warband?

Yeah. Could, at the very least, come up with some sort of warning to say you'll be using your own equipment. Honestly, I liked warband's version more since it was basically a tournament of skill rather than whoever has the best armour wins.

If you want the game to be hard then just stick the difficulty options up. As it is now the only way to get through a tournament without higher end gear is to mooch off teammates and then somehow win the 1v1 at the end. Maybe if you get lucky and get a horse. Seems like melee weapons do very little damage, at least at the start of the game. Ranged weapons seem to do about 5 times as much.

Kill heavily armored opponents by thrusting their head with your sword. Just murdered a cataphract 1v1 that way, not so difficult once I learned slashing has no effect. I'm rampaging through tournaments right now in cloth. Won a really cool horse and 2h so far.

edit: To the poster above, the part about ranged damage.. that's probably because arrows do piercing damage for armor pen? I haven't checked yet.

Back
Top Bottom