Optimism for 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Crowcorrector

Sergeant at Arms
So this time last year, it had been 9  months since the 30min PC gamer 2016 gameplay vids which showcased loads.  I was slightly dissappointed that TW didn't manage to release the game that year but was dead certain,  due to the seemingly complete gameplay showcase,  that a release in 2017 was definite... and I'm quite sure many others here were too.

This is a reccuring theme... the gameplay vids this year look complete.  We're in the exact same position as last year,  gameplay looks great and a next year release seems certain?

Who else has fallen into this trap  :lol:
Because the revelations of 2017 were as outstanding as the ones in 2016, and I feel as sure it will release next year as I did this time last year... I'm sure **** all will actually hapen next year

Naikon said:
Definitely in 2019
I mean what are they going to do for another 12 months ?
They say that they are just going to polish the game(I know they have been saying that for a very long time)
But we see the videos.The game looks almost complete.
If there were no videos I would say you are right but at this moment what else are they going to add to the game ?

Callum said in the Steam forums that the game will come sooner than most people expect. But there [in the Steam forums], people are saying "2035 it will be released" so it's hard to know "how soon is now"...

About game looking almost complete, I was watching the siege gameplay again, and honestly, AI is kind of messed up (Really, there's a bot just staring at nothing at the mid of siege camp (maybe he's terrorized, dont know :lol:) and other bots just stumble at each other and get stuck). If those kind of polishments refers to huge part like this, it's expected that it takes a longer time. But not 12 months, I'm hoping for a release in 2018. Well, just hoping.

Not all people at TW have been interviewed yet. So 20/20 if they don't hire 50 more people  :grin:

Always add 6 months after release date announced. Even if TW announces release date today, it will be minimum mid-2018.

I dont expect TW to announce release date in 2018, so i say end-2019 or early-2020.

It's looked basically ready for beta at least for over a year, so who knows why they haven't yet or when they will. Probably they'll only release when they run out of money - so everyone should campaign for huge cash prize LANs ty

I really hope for 2018. While waiting for the game I married and became a father for 2 children. scary to think what will happen next. Can you imagine what will the occasion , if you declare the release date soon

KhergitLancer80 said:
Naikon said:
Definitely in 2019
I mean what are they going to do for another 12 months ?
They say that they are just going to polish the game(I know they have been saying that for a very long time)
But we see the videos.The game looks almost complete.
If there were no videos I would say you are right but at this moment what else are they going to add to the game ?
Well they have been polishing the game since 2015. And every year game looks almost complete from videos. They are going to do lot more blogs before announcing release date.

At best, we will get the game at 2018 end but I highly doubt it.

I think a release is still far away...wouldn't be surprised if the game won't be released by 2019...and that is ok. For instance, not mentioning anything about how skills, attributes and perks will work means it's probably not decided yet. Granted, they might be holding that info for a surprise effect. Personally, I find it a risky strategy.
Such a core feature should be available(at least "in some form"  :mrgreen:) for us as soon as possible, there's so much feedback we could give about it. I'd be a tad disappointed if the way the skills/attributes work will be very similar to Warband.

Back
Top Bottom