Resolved Opted in to 1.5.9 game is crashing during battles (screenshot of error included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game keeps crashing during live battles
How to Reproduce: Error seems to be triggered when giving a move command to troops
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): Crash Error
Computer Specs:
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980TI
GPU Driver Version: 465.89
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula VIII
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I had an issue similar to this in 1.5.8 and it seemed lowering the settings allowed me to avoid the issue. It is still strange though as it shows I still have plenty of virtual memory when playing and my rig should be more than capable of running this game at higher than medium settings. The game actually runs quite well even at highest settings until it just suddenly crashes because of this error. The higher the settings the more likely I am to experience this error. I have yet to discern what it is that triggers the error specifically although I have noticed it has the highest chance of happening when issuing a move command. Upgrading to beta seems to have made the graphics settings that avoided this issue in 1.5.8, unable to avoid it in 1.5.9.

You can try this.
If your game is still crashing after these steps, you can try deleting the folders below:
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in the Documents folder (C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord)
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in ProgramData folder. (C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord) Please note that, you'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
PS. This will delete all of your config settings.

Can you try this workaround?

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE​

If you are crashing in the middle of the game with an error named “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” you can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here:

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom