Opinions on beta 1.1.0 AI combat

Users who are viewing this thread

They're awfull. They're like Warband AI on poor, they don't parry anything. You can land blow after blow, as in Warband. Hopefully it won't stay that way, combats were challenges and it was great. (Unless you did the circle around crap, wich i did not)

Horrible AI for infantry units, they simply have forgot how to block incoming attacks. I hope these new AI changes wont be implemented in stable version :sad:.

I didn't get that much experience on beta combat AI, but in the version before, it was challenging, to say the least. I especially love that the archers can hit you even while you're moving around, but has it really become worse in the beta version? I only fought looters thus far, and somehow avoided dying to flying rocks, but the sea raiders knocked me out with a single throwing axe headshot while I was mounted.

I didn't get that much experience on beta combat AI, but in the version before, it was challenging, to say the least. I especially love that the archers can hit you even while you're moving around, but has it really become worse in the beta version? I only fought looters thus far, and somehow avoided dying to flying rocks, but the sea raiders knocked me out with a single throwing axe headshot while I was mounted.

The issue is mainly with meele.

Posted about it in suggestions but my guess is the swing delay they added needs to ramp down faster as they level up. I think what is happening is the ai starts a swing and holds it for some time with the delay and doesn't reevaluate if it's going to get hit while holding. This lets us spam them down now and/or race them to first hit. I think some tweaking and it will add something to have the low skill guys being that bad, they'll still be hard in large numbers.

I will say the cav changes are a huge improvement though, they were almost non functional in tournaments before the patch.

Looters shouldn't be good at blocking or fighting they don't have martial training they are just poor farmer folk who turned to crime. Have you tried fighting a top tier unit ? Beta notes said something about ai skill based on weapon skill rather then unit level. I think the direction they are heading in is making the ai more dynamic instead of a one size fits all setting. Fighting a top melee unit in melee 1on1 should be much harder then fighting a looter regardless of difficulty setting.

Yes, there definitely is something strange going on with the new patch. I literally lost a 17 vs 10 against looters, which never happened before. I stopped auto-resolving and went to look into the next battle. Half my infantry units just stare, my archers don't shoot: they walk back 15 steps, shoot an arrow, and repeat the process. Very strange.

Looters shouldn't be good at blocking or fighting they don't have martial training they are just poor farmer folk who turned to crime. Have you tried fighting a top tier unit ? Beta notes said something about ai skill based on weapon skill rather then unit level. I think the direction they are heading in is making the ai more dynamic instead of a one size fits all setting. Fighting a top melee unit in melee 1on1 should be much harder then fighting a looter regardless of difficulty setting.

Unit tier doesn't matter as far as I can tell.

Yes, there definitely is something strange going on with the new patch. I literally lost a 17 vs 10 against looters, which never happened before. I stopped auto-resolving and went to look into the next battle. Half my infantry units just stare, my archers don't shoot: they walk back 15 steps, shoot an arrow, and repeat the process. Very strange.

I am not experiencing this behavior with infantry. Are you playing with mods? What difficulty setting for awhile? Which faction is this happening with and what units. I will need to get archers to test but I haven't had any major problems yet with the ai in this patch besides overall their a bit easier.

Did you delegate command to seargent by accident? The archer kiting fall back and shoot behavior is what the ai does when melee units try to charge them.

I am not experiencing this behavior with infantry. Are you playing with mods? What difficulty setting for awhile? Which faction is this happening with and what units. I will need to get archers to test but I haven't had any major problems yet with the ai in this patch besides overall their a bit easier.

Did you delegate command to seargent by accident? The archer kiting fall back and shoot behavior is what the ai does when melee units try to charge them.

I ended up resetting my campaign. No bugs so far! Honestly, it was REALLY weird. I was around day 350~ as a Vlandian allied with the Sturgians with everything on Realistic + perma-death on companions, but had none in my party when it occured. No idea if it was caused by a particular quest or my save messing with the new patch version.
I play Vanilla version for now, haven't tried mods yet since I heard people have had save corruption problems. It was like if a switch just flipped in their heads, I was alone with some Noble recruits trying to level them.

I had something else that was kinda weird too, like a random faction appeared in the Kingdom section named "Test Clan" or something. Hopefully it won't happen again! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom