Opinions on beta 1.1.0 AI combat

Users who are viewing this thread

This.

And it looks like the current issue, the only NPCs which are able to block decently are these ones with pretty high weapon skill. Sadly 90% of NPCs are just horrible at blocking.

Honestly I feel that even the nobles should be better than that, you can see a few hits that connected in the video that should have been blocked imo.

I personally thought that the AI was fine previously. As someone else said, sure you could circle around them if you want but that is cheesing the game. If you just fought normally they were fine.

I like the new weapon skill based ai competancy system. Its a huge nerf to archers which were by far overpowered as sin and could melee just as well as a top tier melee unit and have the benefit of ranged damage with aimbot levels of precision. One of the complaints people had is how useless top tier units are compared to rabble units. This helps address that problem. It's a shame there's no way to set up dueling in the campaign with your own units it would be a good way to methodically test this.

I like the new weapon skill based ai competancy system. Its a huge nerf to archers which were by far overpowered as sin and could melee just as well as a top tier melee unit and have the benefit of ranged damage with aimbot levels of precision. One of the complaints people had is how useless top tier units are compared to rabble units. This helps address that problem. It's a shame there's no way to set up dueling in the campaign with your own units it would be a good way to methodically test this.

Yep seems like there's a huge gap between AI with 200+ weapon skill and the one below 150. Also there is too small gap on lower lvls. You literally can't feel the difference between units with 60 weapon skill and the ones with 100.

Yep seems like there's a huge gap between AI with 200+ weapon skill and the one below 150. Also there is too small gap on lower lvls. You literally can't feel the difference between units with 60 weapon skill and the ones with 100.
If you look at a lot of the unit stats they really make little sense right now 1h skills on 2h units riding on infantry ect... im taking this that all these values need to be reviewed to make a lot more sense. As you say right now there is no difference between nearly the entire regular troops of factions due to the tiny increments of stats (still getting looters kill legionnaires/companions ect 1v1)

If you look at a lot of the unit stats they really make little sense right now 1h skills on 2h units riding on infantry ect... im taking this that all these values need to be reviewed to make a lot more sense. As you say right now there is no difference between nearly the entire regular troops of factions due to the tiny increments of stats (still getting looters kill legionnaires/companions ect 1v1)

The balancing just isn't there yet. In time I'm sure it'll be like warband where an elite unit would easily cut through half a dozen looter garbage tier before dying.

They definitely need some tweaking and I’m sure we will see it. That’s why they are doing beta branches so we can get access to it, abuse it and point out all the flaws.

i noticed the ai is better at leading though with new difficulty worse in 1v1 scenario

Yep it's hard to balance it with nice battle experience with army vs army and tournaments with 1v1. I think that they should cut off soldiers from taking part in tournaments and live it to lords and maybe generic "tournament knights" with lord lvl of skills.

I noticed this right away in tournaments. I would like some description on the difficulty settings explaining what they change. Does it make the a.i smarter? or just inflate their HP and Stats etc?

So found a mod "Enhanced Mission Change AI" let you just set the ai on 100% works great then so the beta clearly has issues with assigning the correct level of combat ai to troops.

Lords are the only enemies that provide a reasonable challenge now. Just look at this cuckhead Unthery

I have the same experience. I think they have the right idea with this, they just need to adjust the curve (or put it on a curve if it is not). Top tier troops should be like how the lords are and lords need to be even better.

as soon as enemies don't have shields they are pretty easy to come by. I think their blocking game should be upped and their ability to turn on spot also. at least the elite characters.

Back
Top Bottom