Opinion: Your toaster computer is your own fault, not Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Irrelevant, there's plenty of crashing issues just the same. I have double those specs(apart from GPU) with severe performance issues.
I fully agree that there are issues that are the games fault right now regarding performance, that seem quite random, I'm jabbing at the people that buy $300 dell office computers and want to play this game.

Yeah, i am playing on nividia gtx 1050, i5-8400 8gb ram laptop on high settings and I am having no issues so far really. Slight lag in really big battles and sieges, but thats it.

How are load times for people with SSDs in SP? (currently out of space so installed this on a conventional extra HD, which I am starting to regret)

How are load times for people with SSDs in SP? (currently out of space so installed this on a conventional extra HD, which I am starting to regret)

I've heard some have actual issues using anything other than an SSD. but i use an SSD... loads fine, and fast actually.

Optimization seems all over the place in forums it seems if some really high specs have trouble, but some lower specs don't.

Yeah, i am playing on nividia gtx 1050, i5-8400 8gb ram laptop on high settings and I am having no issues so far really. Slight lag in really big battles and sieges, but thats it.
I have a lenovo legion with exactly the same specifications and the game is unplayable due to the drop in fps

From the various comments I see popping up it seems PC Master race top tier ultra computers dont like the game, and some low tier ones struggle, but otherwise performance is pretty good for a first release early access.

32gb DDR4
Ryzen 1800x 8 core 3.7Ghz base
EVGA GTX 1080

IDK I've only noticed one or 2 stutters on the 800 battle size sieges, and the load screens sometimes stutter a tiny bit and the sound goes weird but mostly fine and doesnt affect gameplay, do plan on upgrading later this year though.

Let me say that bugs and crashing aside, stutter, as well as hardware-related bugs, but purely fps and performance, your potato computer is your own problem. Your 8gb ram 3.2 ghz processor is the problem.

I have very consistent FPS on a rig I built in 2015. This is computer gaming, you need a gaming computer.

:facepalm: Rude, factually incorrect, so much twaddle in the OP...and taking up space in this board at its busiest time!

Let me say that bugs and crashing aside, stutter, as well as hardware-related bugs, but purely fps and performance, your potato computer is your own problem. Your 8gb ram 3.2 ghz processor is the problem.

I have very consistent FPS on a rig I built in 2015. This is computer gaming, you need a gaming computer.

This game is nowhere near the level of mediocrity that M&B and Warband were in the visuals department. If you were expecting a game that you could play with the same toaster, then you were delusional from the beginning. It has been 10 years of advancement in gaming, and TW obviously was able to pour more resources into this title, yet somehow this game runs even smoother than Warband for me.

I love butter

Specs
16 gb DDR3 1866
i7-4790K 4 core 4.0 ghz
gtx 970

Thats interesting. You are telling everyone the problem for the early access stutters and crashes is because their hardware is not up to date.

Well lets see.
Specs
i7 - 7700 quadcore 4.2 ghz
32 gb DDR3
GTX 1060 6gb

I can play custom battle with 1k soldiers. No problem.
But i can't play a single siege without the game going into stutter then freezing the entire game. Must be my Hardware obviously.

Thats interesting. You are telling everyone the problem for the early access stutters and crashes is because their hardware is not up to date.

Well lets see.
Specs
i7 - 7700 quadcore 4.2 ghz
32 gb DDR3
GTX 1060 6gb

I can play custom battle with 1k soldiers. No problem.
But i can't play a single siege without the game going into stutter then freezing the entire game. Must be my Hardware obviously.

Its cause you don't have a 1080 bruh, game is designed to just crash if you don't Mount & Blade Flexlord, if you ain't flexin you crashin.

1: The game's recommended system specs list 8gb on the Steam store - Minimum is listed as 6. Granted, it should be common sense that that's not adequate for a large-scope game releasing in 2020, but it's still misleading. It absolutely is Taleworlds' responsibility to address this, either by optimising the game so that systems with these amounts of RAM can run the game with reasonable stability (at performance settings reduced within reason), or by changing the listed system requirements. Maybe at a stretch, refunds should be offered if the latter course is taken by the time the game is out of EA.

2: There are many accounts of the game suffering from a memory leak in the SP campaign, including my own experience, ensuring that past an hours' play-time performance will be severely degraded, particularly for those on 8gb RAM or less. Those minimum/recommended specs seem about right for custom battles/multiplayer at default settings by most accounts. Once again, there's not much the end user can do about this except wait for a patch that hopefully addresses it.

1070ti
16gb of ram
i7 8th gen
low settings I can't run 6v6 skirmish at even 30fps, but I run singleplayer at 90fps stable no problems, which leads me to conclude there is a bug in the multiplayer, which means to leaving a complaint in on the right forum on the right thread

They are ok/good. 1-2sec.

__

Everything maxed out except for AA, that only 2*.
Playing on WQHD.

Ryzen 3700x / 5700 xt Nitro

65-80fps in multiplayer. Only small maps so far.
Steady 90 fps in SP. Maybe a bit lower with big battles.

Going to chime in here. I lowered my battle size to 300 and I'm still having issues in the larger battles. Something is off.

i79700K
2080 Super
32 GB Ram
Installed on an SSD

Back
Top Bottom