Opinion: The world should start of in a state of peace and wars should end more quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

A sandbox isn't any fun if a cat takes a **** in it before you even start building your sand castle, though.

As far as scripted events go, the topic is about removing the scripted wars in the beginning, so I agree there.

This is why early Wars are bad

only 2-3 hours in and vlandia has taken 3 of sturigas cities. they will probably snowball from here and sturgia will be on the back foot until they are wiped out

I agree. Peace agreements should also make sure the kingdoms don't go right back to fighting (a year peace agreement). I like to play long games and when I do become a vassal or king, I want times where I fight and other times where I can just relax. There also isn't enough relaxing things. It was nice going to feasts, for example. More peace time and friendly mechanics would be nice.

I agree. Peace agreements should also make sure the kingdoms don't go right back to fighting (a year peace agreement). I like to play long games and when I do become a vassal or king, I want times where I fight and other times where I can just relax. There also isn't enough relaxing things. It was nice going to feasts, for example. More peace time and friendly mechanics would be nice.

That is definitely a concern. I feel like there needs to be more peacetime, but at the same time more peacetime means you need more stuff to *do* in peacetime. By the time you're a Lord with fiefs or a King you're probably not doing a lot of running around and trading yourself, for example.

Feasts would be nice for peacetime, or something like a Grand Tournament where all the nobles show up to participate with (much) higher rewards than standard tournaments.

That is definitely a concern. I feel like there needs to be more peacetime, but at the same time more peacetime means you need more stuff to *do* in peacetime. By the time you're a Lord with fiefs or a King you're probably not doing a lot of running around and trading yourself, for example.

Feasts would be nice for peacetime, or something like a Grand Tournament where all the nobles show up to participate with (much) higher rewards than standard tournaments.
Those are great ideas I think they could do a lot with the linage and clan building system in peace time as well. Maybe you can train your kids in your castle or like you said host said tournaments using your own money to gain influence in your kingdom. I feel like peacetime should be a time to level your clan and progress within your faction while war time is the time to progress your faction.

I seriously feel like im the only player who isent experiencing 1 faction snowballing :/

Most factions pretty much are still as they are when the game started and ive seen no single war go on forever. Its fricking weird when I see all these 'snowballing' topics popup!

Ah yes, thanks for the correction.

Totally agree, i mean, some changes can happen without the direct intervention of the player, but not at this scale.

For example, yesterday i tried to start a Battanian playthrough, i left thr training ground and headed straight to battanian lands, by the time i got there the empire already conquered a battanian castle and less than a week later they got a whole city, what the hell am i supposed to do in such a situaton?

That is a broken system as is.

I agree, it's completely out of control right now.

I agree with you guys but I would like to add something more. With the introduction of siege engines I feel like the sieges became a whole lot easier than in Warband. Meanwhile, it appears to me, that garrisons in cities are weaker. And I am talking about the big cities. Remember how rarely a faction could manage to conquer a city in Warband? In Bannerlord it happens every week or so. Another factor to it is the new army system and AI behaviour. It looks like organising big armies capable of conquering castles and cities became easier to the AI.

So, maybe if they cannot fix the whole thing quickly and it ruins a lot of playthroughs, then maybe they could make some tweaks and changes to how strong garrisons are and other similar changes.

I agree with you guys but I would like to add something more. With the introduction of siege engines I feel like the sieges became a whole lot easier than in Warband. Meanwhile, it appears to me, that garrisons in cities are weaker. And I am talking about the big cities. Remember how rarely a faction could manage to conquer a city in Warband? In Bannerlord it happens every week or so. Another factor to it is the new army system and AI behaviour. It looks like organising big armies capable of conquering castles and cities became easier to the AI.
Garrisons defiantly need a boost, esp in newly conquered cites. I've seen garrisons less then 50.

Tired: the sandbox should start with nations like this.

Wired: the sandbox should give the player options (within reason) with regards to diplomatic statuses with select factions (i.e., empire civil war is not optional due to described events, but the player can set whether other factions are allowed to start at war dynamically).

I understand this may be a lot of dev time that isn't available, but anytime we can see more options in an SP sandbox I think it is almost always the best solution.

EDIT- Alternatively, give Stellaris a go and see if that system tickles your fancy. The games gives you numerous options in tailoring the galaxy and starting factions to the player's tastes. It also gives the player options to ensure their playthroughs are unique in significant ways by altering the AI's starting situations. Something like that could be adapted here, given the dev resources are available.

My take on this is why are the three factions of the Empire fighting three different nations when they are suppose to be in a civil war? Shouldn't they be the
ones at war with everyone else waiting to pick at the remains? Instead, in one of my campaigns, the two most powerful factions are the northern and southern Empires and the only other factions left are Battania, Vlandia and bits and pieces of the Aserai that haven't been taken yet.

After just making a couple of trading trips there were already 2 towns fallen in the North via Vlandia. TW needs to shut this Total War insanity down. I couldn't even get up that far on the map, less around 35 minutes in game. All factions should start peacefully: Remember the incident reports that a war might brake out because of a dispute?

The 1.0.5 up date seems to have had a pretty good effect on snowballing. Game still moves too fast for my taste. This is my map after 1 in game year (80ish days)

its not terrible, but still needs work.

Last edited:
I usually play Pendor, and one system I truly miss is at the end of wars it says x faction is bound by truce not to attack y faction for 30 days. No idea if that's in native Warband or not as I've always done modded playthroughs.

I don't mind Calradia Total War at all tbh. The problem lies in there being no penalties whatsoever to having a large realm. This means that once a faction starts rolling, it doesn't stop.

Historically, big landowners would very much be against wars on a national level, as they'd risk losing their own land. Civil wars would become an ever greater threat. Foreign powers would also unite if any other power got too large. Modelling any or multiple of these would give a natural way of reducing snowballing.

Compared to Warband, the AI there was simply too incompetent to realistically conquer the map in a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom