Opinion about developer blogs

What do you think about developer blogs?

• All blogs are cool

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • All blogs do not like

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • There are interesting blogs but they are very few

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Basically not bad, but the last not interesting

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • 50/50 need more information and media content

Votes: 46 30.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

mat2rivs said:
Rungsted93 said:
I would love to hear what has changed in Bannerlord since it went from "Getting it out before the year ends in 2016" to now probably not even releasing in 2018. Some clarification would be awesome and I think it would also make people understand a whole lot more.
My best bet on that is single player complexity is adding to the dev time.  Multiplayer looks pretty complete, but single player is so much more complicated.

Think about this 1 item for single player:  Scenes

In Warband, you had 1, maybe 2 scenes for each village, castle, and town.  In Bannerlord, each village needs 1 scene for the village (not sure if more are needed for 'enterprises') Then 3 scenes for a castle.  Add to that the navigation maps, lighting generation, differentiation for seasons, quests related differences, entry points, etc.  Then each village could take a week or more to complete.  Multiply that by 200? villages and that is a lot of time.  Then move on to Towns, and I'm not sure how many different scenes will be needed.  There's at least the town, keep, tournament grounds, Inns? (some seemed linked to the town).

I personally think that all the scene design (layout, atmosphere, props, flow, etc) needed to make Bannerlord work as we have been told it will, is a major undertaking.  And this is only one of the many parts that are necessary to make the Campaign work.

Also think campaign map, parties, lords, spawns, quests, seasons, random battle scene generation... The list goes on and on.  If they've only had the engine 'complete' enough to really get started with this part of the game for a couple years, then that explains to me why we are still waiting.

But, I wish they would just tell us that, so we didn't just wait and wonder...

My best guess is that each settlement needs at least a dozen diferent scenes... Considering now we can build stuff and actually see that same stuff on the world map and in person, that is. Think about those upgrades to city walls we saw on that other blog: each tier of fortification demands a scene for a roaming event and another for a siege event. That also applies to castles... and each and every village may get it's own castle if the player ever decides to build there. We are talking about maybe 10 or 20 times the number of scenes we got in warband. and they are all unique. To make it even more complex we have seasons now.

I see no evidence of any sort of precedurally generated scenes in Bannerlord, so.... yeah, I bet a huge (if not most) of the current development effort is probably manufacturing scenes for SP.

Если честно, то я слежу за MnB2 недавно, да без ярого фанатизма, так что тру фанатом себя считать не могу :???: :???:
Но в последнее время действительно, блоги какие-то из скуповатые. Могло бы быть и лучше, наверное.

egogorow said:
Если честно, то я слежу за MnB2 недавно, да без ярого фанатизма, так что тру фанатом себя считать не могу :???: :???:
Но в последнее время действительно, блоги какие-то из скуповатые. Могло бы быть и лучше, наверное.

Пожалуйста, используйте английский (Please use English).

Google translates your post as:
To be honest, I'm following MnB2 recently, yes without the fierce fanaticism, so I can not consider myself a fan. But lately, indeed, blogs are somewhat sparse. It could be better, probably.

Back
Top Bottom