Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

UndeadTaco

Recruit
Summary: When I open the unit recruitment screen the game crashes with an error message that says, "d3d_device_->CreateShaderResourceView at rglGPU_device::create_texture_from_image failed! The parameter is incorrect." I don't have time to recruit any units, the game immediately crashes the moment the recruitment screen is opened.

It looks like the Vlandians have unit portraits that can't be loaded for some reason; I just this campaign so I'm not sure if other factions are affected by this. It seems to be related to specific units because sometimes all of the unit portraits are displayed as intended and the game doesn't crash.

I've tried verifying files on steam, uninstalling the game, removing all of my mods, and then re-installing the game but I still get the same error.
How to Reproduce: Open the unit recruitment screen in several different Vlandian cities or villages.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Media:

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version: 511.65 (currently the most up to date version)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): old spinning rust SanDisk HDD

Somehow the problem fixed itself, I didn't do anything but it no longer needs to be resolved. -- I don't see an option to delete the post sorry.

Back
Top Bottom