OpenBRF InGame helmet bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Chinese123

Recruit
Yesteday i have been replace a chinese helmet from FI2 by Chinese Ming helmet from 16th Century mod. I had correctly (I suppose) replace models , I saw the new models... in OpenBrf ( http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/37/1474217131-capture.png ) . I opened the game and checkded if the helmet have no bug. However, i detect problem which you can see on the following picture :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/37/1474152321-20160918003156-1.jpg

The helmet's animation flying ,i dont think it's the correct one and i dont know how to fix it. So someone can help me please?
thank you for your understanding , i am waiting for your answers.
ps: If you have some questions or need more informations about my problem, dont hesitate,I will answer you faster than i can

There exists 2 types of helmets. Skinned and non-skinned. Skinned are attached to the skeleton, so they appear relative to armor meshes in openbrf. They have the box "skinned" checked in the meshes window.
They have their mesh noted like this in module_items.py:

[("securiti_crysader_helm_a", 0), ("securiti_crysader_helm_a_inventory", ixmesh_inventory)]
Notice that there is one skinned mesh, but still a normal mesh to display the item normally in inventory.
The also have the flag "itp_attach_armature".

Non skinned (most common) are not attached to the skeleton, and they appear close to origin in open brf, and horizontal. That's why the "helmet" button exists in the bottom right corner in OpenBRF.
Non skinned meshes are just noted like this in module_items.py,

[("spiked_helmet_new", 0)]

If you want an example, download Crusaders, Way to Expiation OSP, they have plenty of skinned and non-skinned helmets.

That's exactly right. Let me add a detail or two.
It all depends on what you want to achieve...

[WAY 1: completely rigid helmet]

If you are happy with the entire helm moving rigidly with the head, as opposed to having some part deforming according to the position of, say, the shoulders, then, as snouz says, you want your helmet to be (a) "non-skinned" and (b) around the origin.

Instead, your helmet is around the head region and maybe it is skinned to (to the head bone). So, here's what to do.

Is your helmet already skinned? (look at the middle panel, it will tell you).
If it is, skip to step 4.
If not, first you need to temporary add skinning (gluing all the model to the head bone):

1) Select the hemlet
2) [Selected] => [mount on one bone...]
    This open a dialog...
3) Select human skeleton, then head bone, and check "Piece currently centered: in the correct final position"
    And hit ok.

Now, place the hemlet on the origin while removing the skinning:

4) Select the helmet alone.
5) In the middle panel, pick any animation + human-skeleton 
  (this is just to let openBRF know which skeleton to assume, that is, "human")
6)  [Selected] => [Discard] => [Rigging (unmount from bone)]

Now, follow snouz advice about what to put in the py file: only one mesh.

[WAY 2: NON completely rigid helmet]

If you want your helm to deform, e.g. with the shoulder, then you need to have it skinned and positioned around the head.
Yours is already correctly positioned.
You just need to add the skinning (not all to the head bone: some part to the head, some part to the shoulders or spine, etc)

A possible way to to this:
1) select a skinned helm AND armour, or possibly multiple such things.
    (multiple selection)
2) copy (ctrl+C)
3) select your helm (already in the final position, i.e. where the head is)
4) [edit] --> [paste rigging]
5) test an animation and see how it looks!

Now, you need to edit the py file as snouz says: two meshes: one for the helmet, one for the inventory item.

Back
Top Bottom