Open the Legion system when not joining a kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

IlllIIl

Recruit
Background: Create a kingdom without joining other kingdoms and then defecting.

There are already many adjustments to branch armies in this game, which can be interpreted as either the authority of the tribal patriarch in the family, or as a contract between tribe members.
Now, clan chiefs cannot summon the entire army of their clan to fight together without joining the kingdom. I think this is a major logical flaw in this game. This is equivalent to the fact that the captain of the branch army refuses the invitation to fight from the tribal chief every time. This action by the captain of the branch army is equivalent to tearing up the only common interest "wartime contract" between the members of the tribe.

This makes the interaction of existing tribal leaders with tribal army detachments absurd, both before and after joining the kingdom.
It's not just the game functions, it's the game logic and the story the makers want to create

Last edited:
If I understood it correctly, you want to gather parties that belong to your own clan into an army without the constraint of being a vassal or a king. I agree with this, I see no reason why the player, or even mercenary clans should be barred from creating an army if it is limited to their own clan and they have no access to the influence system.

Edit: It is unlikely taleworlds will change it, but there might already be a mod that does that, I would recommend searching Nexus

If I understood it correctly, you want to gather parties that belong to your own clan into an army without the constraint of being a vassal or a king. I agree with this, I see no reason why the player, or even mercenary clans should be barred from creating an army if it is limited to their own clan and they have no access to the influence system.

Edit: It is unlikely taleworlds will change it, but there might already be a mod that does that, I would recommend searching Nexus

You probably mean this mod:

Party AI Overhaul and Commands​

Actually this article was written using google translate, I just corrected some obvious mistakes in the sentence. And I don't know what these terms correspond to in the English version of the game

I'm not sure this mod provides this functionality, it seems to give the player more control over the squad army. However, as I said before, I think this flaw is serious, the game function is only the appearance, and the game logic is the essence, and further I mean the more abstract "story".
I played a game before and it rewrote the backstory after updating the game version and that was one of the reasons I left that game, I think the center of the game should be the story, not the other way around.

I might be completely misremembering, so please take it with a big pinch of salt, but I think this was asked about before, and the conclusion is that the ability to gather armies is locked to vassals/kings precisely so that you can't comfortably remain free without joining/creating either. It's basically to push you to "progress" the game.
It is also a way of handicapping you so that you can't easily go from free to own kingdom by just rolling in with a 5-party army and taking any city you want. They want you to progress by either having to snipe a recently conquered settlement or by first taking a castle to establish yourself and then work from that.

I might be completely misremembering, so please take it with a big pinch of salt, but I think this was asked about before, and the conclusion is that the ability to gather armies is locked to vassals/kings precisely so that you can't comfortably remain free without joining/creating either. It's basically to push you to "progress" the game.
It is also a way of handicapping you so that you can't easily go from free to own kingdom by just rolling in with a 5-party army and taking any city you want. They want you to progress by either having to snipe a recently conquered settlement or by first taking a castle to establish yourself and then work from that.
My Party can reach a Party Size Limit of over 500 and this without kingdom and this amount of troops can capture any town/castle alone, there is no reason to lock the army feature to kingdoms, when single parties can be over 500 troops.

My Party can reach a Party Size Limit of over 500 and this without kingdom and this amount of troops can capture any town/castle alone, there is no reason to lock the army feature to kingdoms, when single parties can be over 500 troops.
After how long, and at what level? That's not the normal situation. Remember that the game is not made for min-maxing enthusiats, it's for your run of the mill fan that will never reach such numbers.

It is just an inconvenient extra hoop that you don't even need to jump through. You could take a recently captured castle, form your kingdom, gather your clan and take a city.

The extra step to achieve the same thing creates a frustrating mechanic and the lack of logic to explain why, other than "we want you to do it this way", is just bad game design.

Its weird that they put in this rule that you can't make an army without a kingdom to keep you from getting too strong too fast, but then they also added in those perks that let you discard gear for troop xp without even putting in a timeout, so you can train an army of recruits into elites with no time passing at all. I mean, jeez, I have a mod that lets you train troops in the arena and even that makes you wait a few days between trainings.

Add in the Roguery perk that makes all bandits join you automatically, and the Leadership perk that turns them into elite noble troops and it becomes trivially easy to create a giant army of nothing but Khans Guards and Fian Champions whenever you want.

Back
Top Bottom