OSP 3D Art Open Source Project - Weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Oddball_E8 said:
ok... so it seems people have figured out on their own how to rotate the weapons in brfedit... but noone is sharing the info on how... i still cant rotate them...

any help?

EDIT: ok so i figured it out...
what you do if this happens to you is the following:

pick the model you need to rotate.
press export, then save it as an .obj file (does that automatically)
delete the model from the .brf file.
press import, pick the .obj file you just saved, then uncheck the Y/Z swap on the window that comes up.
save the .brf file.

Actually you do not need to export.  All you need to do is go to the Edit / Rotate (or scale / translate it all brings up the same menu), then pick the axis you want rotated and click rotate one time (and only once).  Nothing will happen on the item until you click on the item again on the left hand side.  An update button would be nice but its not needed once you figure this out.  It will not automatically update on the screen until you click on another item and click back (or just click on the item name again located on left). 

You may need to add them to the game first and then rotate to quickly test.  None of the items I worked on need to be rotated. 

winrehs007 said:
Do we need to tinker with the item_kinds or we just simply copy and paste to the appropriate folder and add "load_mod_resource = OSP_(WeaponType)" to module.ini....???

Thanks in advance guys... :cool:

If you go here: and click on the last spoiler I included the tuples for the module_items.py file and the code generated if you are not familiar with how to build the code.  Just copy and paste the items to the bottom of the items_kind1.txt list.  Put the .brf file in the resource folder, the .dds files in the texture folder and either import the items into your own .brf or add the following line into the module.inf file. 

load_mod_resource = kanobou (or whateven bismark renames the file to)

Another option is to download some mods and get familiar with how the game sees items.  It is not overly complicated but it does require some time invested.  Good luck

I'm soon releasing a better version of the OSP pack with only one brf file and, of course, new stuff.
I don't understand why some people seem to have rotation problems, because I didn't touch the weapons. I just added them from other modder's brf files and there they worked.
Which weapons don't work correctly?

The firearms usually have to be rotated, not sure about the other weapons.

Bismarck said:
Which weapons don't work correctly?

I think I had to rotate some maces as well.  It is easy to check, just look at weapons that definately work and then make sure the other items line up in the same manner (i.e. weapons from top). 

can someone please help me i used the same method menjoo used and Ive had no luck so far and i keep getting an rgl error about weapons_James textures. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I HATE MY ADGAGIJAE;PGNLR;IAN COMPUTER!!! i cannot use the map editor! i cannot use brf edit! i cannot get anything to work on win7! never get it people! it sucks!!!! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

by the way i remember looking at some of these a long time ago, hope they're good.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED TO CHANGE MY OS!!!

Lord Serius said:
I HATE MY ADGAGIJAE;PGNLR;IAN COMPUTER!!! i cannot use the map editor! i cannot use brf edit! i cannot get anything to work on win7! never get it people! it sucks!!!! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

by the way i remember looking at some of these a long time ago, hope they're good.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED TO CHANGE MY OS!!!

Sounds like a PEBKAC issue. :roll:

Anyways, I haven't had any problems with Win7 and I'm running all of those things.

My question is are the weapons still not oriented correctly? I thought Bismarck was planning on re-orienting them, but from what LtpLegend said they are still flipped around.

Does anyone know how to get past the weapons_James texture error because Ive had no luck so far in getting this to work.
BTW does anyone know if the new weapon pack is coming out anytime soon?
and bismark is it possible to create a installer for this pack to make things a little easier since i don't know much about the module system

chaos marine said:
Does anyone know how to get past the weapons_James texture error because Ive had no luck so far in getting this to work.
BTW does anyone know if the new weapon pack is coming out anytime soon?
and bismark is it possible to create a installer for this pack to make things a little easier since i don't know much about the module system

Answer?

how can i add these to my module? i these items dont have item_kinds1 .... cant get them ingame without it (im a noob in modding)

:shock:WTH is this error?

get_object failed for texture: earthenvmap?? how do i fix it???

i think i got that error in firearms,

Yeah, I read through the entire thread to find a 'item_kinds1' type of file to see there is none. I've noticed others have asked the same question which it seems others just tell them to do it themselves.

To be honest, I've never modded this game (I've helped on other types of games) so I don't know where to look for the tools needed to create such a file. Can someone point me in the direction of such a program? If I have to write out the "item_kinds1.txt" file myself, I will. However I have no idea what all those numbers do or what they are for.

Someone please assist me!

Editors...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html

For viewing the model files.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72279.0.html

insanehippo said:
please I know nothing of how the module system works but I really want the weapons. Can anyone help me?
The editors linked in the post above should help. See also the Unofficial tutorials section. Plenty of tutorials available for how to get new items in-game.

(Or, even easier, use item compilation mods like Diplomacy+OSP Items, or Floris Basic.)

Back
Top Bottom