OSP 3D Art Open Source Project - Weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

I had a problem using rrr_bill1 . I got it in the game by copying the stat of the military_scythe . I shows up in stores. But when I use it, the character doesn't hold it right. Kinda holds it side way and can't really hit anything. When dismounted, the weapon just floats near my right hand. Also the picture of it in the inventory screen is messed up, I believe it is a top down view.

Beside reporting that error, I just want to say I love this Open Source Project.

Smiling Demon said:
When dismounted, the weapon just floats near my right hand. Also the picture of it in the inventory screen is messed up, I believe it is a top down view.

Rotate the model 270 degrees in brfedit. Should be in its normal position.

All the weapons have the 270 degree rotation problem it seems.  Would be nice to have that fixed and an updated pack released.

Hi,
i have a problem. i added one of luigis greatswords. i put the line in the mod.ini and added the weapon trough the item-editor.
now, when i try to start m&b i get an rgl-error saying: get_object failed for texture: weapon_james
Anyone can help me on this?
lots of nice weapons by the way!  :twisted:

edit: btw, I`m also using talaks unique armory, but i made sure that all mod.ini and item_kinds additions are there, also the number of items should be correct.

Wow finally a question I can actually answer! Don't worry buddy the only problem is that your dds (texture file) is not connected to your brf file. You probably had a typo. Maybe you forgot to place the dds file in the textures folder. Or if your lucky all you forgot was to change "scan_module_textures = 0" to a "1"

I really hope I helped as I've been waiting for an opportunity to help someone. I hope one of these suggestions trips up your memory so you figure it out and if not just say so.  :smile:

thanks for trying to help, but...
the dds file is in the mods texture folder and is named like its called in the rgl-error.
and i double-checked the mod.ini, so thats not the problem.
may be vista then, even if i deactivated uac a long time ago.

anyone other suggestions how to fix this?

i used the method described by sorkenlol in this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50104.msg1297477.html#msg1297477

strange thing is that other weapons work fine, its just the swords that give the error.
i tried downloading the files again but that didnt work either.

Is there someone that successfully added a sword already?

Menjoo said:
Help anyone?  :oops:
I'm guessing the problem is that there are two entries of james_weapons in the BRFedit, either as materials or as textures. Go through all the BRFs and delete all but one of the entries for james_weapons, leaving just one texture entry and one material entry. Don't worry about the game not finding it; it will.

Also: make sure that there is a james_weapons.dds texture in the textures folders. 

ok, i deleted all of the james weapons from the brf and now i get this error: attempt to reregister viking_weapons_james.dds.
its strange, i deleted those, so why is the game still searching for it?
is there a noob-tutorial for brf?

thanks for your help!

edit: nevermind i got it to work now, i just deleted everything thats not lui_somthing. that did it.

Smiling Demon said:
Cloud Breaker said:
Rotate the model 270 degrees in brfedit. Should be in its normal position.

But which axix do you refer to. I thought it was Z but I'm not sure. Also when I type in 270 degrees and press "Rotate" button nothing happens. When I close the brf editor there is no querry wheter I want to save changes or not. What should I do?

Fiddle with the rotation tool a bit until you get the hang of it then you need to rotate the sword so the tip of the blade is facing you and the handle is horizontal.

you can also export the weapon you want to add and import it again, then uncheck axisswap (or whatever it`s called) and then it is like it should be.
hope this gives a meaning. if not, blame beer  :lol:

So can we only use this in a mod in the making or can we use this for native, age of machinery, etc..

Tried the osp firearms and osp swords and they are oriented wrong.  :sad:  Also...how do you add the sound of the rifles firing and the puff of smoke to them - like some of the rifles in Better Than None Mod?

OK figured out how to orient the models in brf editor.    :grin:  My mod is coming along nicely. 

Back
Top Bottom