Open Post: Armagan, We Could Use A Video Update Addressing Our Concerns

Users who are viewing this thread

I honestly think that Armagan is not involved in M&B 2 very much, or just come time to time to see the progress, Bannerlord can't be done by the same guy that made M&B and Warband. I think Armagan is just enjoying his denars and let the lead of the company to some other lead dev with his own personal vision. That's why he will not talk about it as he don't know much more than us. Bannerlord is not a game for consoles, when you see how it works now on high end computers, it will never run on any console with the quality needed, the only way to put it on consoles is to downgrade it, or make a specific console version. I'll have to think to put a bad bad rewiew on Steam as i didn't put a rewiew yet, i think i'll wait one year after the EA before rewiew it, that's more than fair.

You once deleted your account here because someone said something slightly off-kilter to you.
Cool story, but yeah no, that never happened. I don't get offended by anonymous people on the internet.

Nice try I guess? Feel free to go through my post history though. I will enjoy the thought of you wasting your time on such a strange and unsubstantiated claim.

Attacked? Hoy **** dude. How soft are you? I didn't say kick you off the forums, I said stop commenting here - as in this post. Soft and dramatic is not a good combination of qualities. Wow. I'm just amazed at how much of a snowflake you are, on a video game forum.

This is not trolling either, i'm appalled at this human's softness.
Quite the opposite actually - I have (or did have) significant anger management issues and it takes a lot of personal restraint to not go absolutely ape **** at you... I quit this forum as it became unhealthy. I'd hope I wouldn't have to do it again... and shouldn't have to. If everyone acts like adults...

Y'all can continue getting to know each other better in personal conversations or in the off-topic section if you wish so, only NOT in this thread and to an extent - this section.
Be wary that as the weekend has creeped in before this thread, we`ll all see if there will be any official answer here in the upcoming work week or so, not sooner, and the best we can do is not getting hopes up, and even expect some known platitudes if anything.
It`s better to be pleasantly surprised, than overly positive IMO.

I wish @armagan would respond to this thread or make a statement. But given TW history of terrible communication over the past few years I seriously doubt he or anyone will respond to this or any other thread with anything but a canned response. The only way things will change is if it starts at the top, because this isn't a priority for TW. I thought/hoped things would change a few years ago when we got a new community manager, and they did a bit, for awhile. But unfortunately things went downhill after a few months and the community posts and dev blogs got fewer and fewer and we're at this point. I've said this before and I'll say it again TW lack of communication with the community during this ea is some of the worst I've ever seen in a developing game. TW is their own worst enemy.

The idea that Taleworlds top management ever look at these forums.... is rather like imagining that Donald Trump reads, appreciates and deeply understands Shakespeare.

Last edited:
Because I don't understand peoples complaints. I don't and never have.
The entire point of Early Access is to listen to people's complaint and adjust the game accordingly, so if you don't understand that people voice their complaints in these forums, the problem is really coming from you.

Last edited:
Chances are slim that 'the management' had a change of heart and will suddenly answer our pleas. But, just in case miracles still happen:

I would like to know how the project manager feels about where the game is now and where its headed, when taken into account all the ambitions that were here at the start, with some healthy self criticism. Further more i'd like to know how they feel about the way 'community management' is being done so far and if they see room for improvement.

Armagan’s last post was march 2020 in response to requests for south american servers.

“We are currently looking into various server provider alternatives and will set up some South American servers as soon as possible.”

Are there now South American servers? Itll be march 2021 pretty soon. What makes you think Armagan cares what your vision is, or complaints are for this game? Armagan and TW management clearly have their own vision of what a finished product is and what their responsibility to the customer should be.

Armagan’s last post was march 2020 in response to requests for south american servers.

“We are currently looking into various server provider alternatives and will set up some South American servers as soon as possible.”

Are there now South American servers? Itll be march 2021 pretty soon. What makes you think Armagan cares what your vision is, or complaints are for this game? Armagan and TW management clearly have their own vision of what a finished product is and what their responsibility to the customer should be.
I often wonder if they actually have a clear vision of what they want. This list seems more like a wish list than an actual plan. So either TW is keeping all this close to the vest or they're working with just general ideas and no concrete goals in mind. If so that's a recipe for disaster.

I wish @armagan would respond to this thread or make a statement. But given TW history of terrible communication over the past few years I seriously doubt he or anyone will respond to this or any other thread with anything but a canned response. The only way things will change is if it starts at the top, because this isn't a priority for TW. I thought/hoped things would change a few years ago when we got a new community manager, and they did a bit, for awhile. But unfortunately things went downhill after a few months and the community posts and dev blogs got fewer and fewer and we're at this point. I've said this before and I'll say it again TW lack of communication with the community during this ea is some of the worst I've ever seen in a developing game. TW is their own worst enemy.

Exactly! TW really is their own worst enemy. Their communication is the worst I've ever experienced... Especially considering they have people hired to do it!
But the worst is their own lack of ambition for the game, I feel like a teacher seeing that super student you had high hopes for constantly cutting corners, being lazy and underperforming.
I had hoped Bannerlord would've been the Warcraft 3 to Warcraft 2 in terms of a sequel taking pretty much everything to the next level. And it might be me having way too high expectations, but lets not forgot with Bannerlord they already had: The formula of what made Warband great (+ mods and DLC to use the most popular features from), a team 10 times the size, budget most likely atleast also 10 times that of Warband, and almost 10 years of development.

I had hoped Bannerlord would've been the Warcraft 3 to Warcraft 2 in terms of a sequel taking pretty much everything to the next level. And it might be me having way too high expectations, but lets not forgot with Bannerlord they already had: The formula of what made Warband great (+ mods and DLC to use the most popular features from), a team 10 times the size, budget most likely atleast also 10 times that of Warband, and almost 10 years of development.
So did i and i think it was their ambition at first but for some reason (management/deadlines/lost too much time restarting the project don't know) they decided to settle for "good enough" instead of legendary or even "just" great.

Just look at the dev blogs over all those years, they were full of passionated ideas and ambitious plans for the game only for the most ambitious features to get cut one at a time and i won't even start with the missing features from warband/classic that i hoped would be improved to the next level in Bannerlord instead of being scraped.

So did i and i think it was their ambition at first but for some reason (management/deadlines/lost too much time restarting the project don't know) they decided to settle for "good enough" instead of legendary or even "just" great.

Just look at the dev blogs over all those years, they were full of passionated ideas and ambitious plans for the game only for the most ambitious features to get cut one at a time and i won't even start with the missing features from warband/classic that i hoped would be improved to the next level in Bannerlord instead of being scraped.
Well, just consider the fact that as far back as 2016, they had already designed unique board games for each culture. At one point they must have really been planning on adding a ton of immersive features, but that all seems to have gone out the window.

Well, just consider the fact that as far back as 2016, they had already designed unique board games for each culture. At one point they must have really been planning on adding a ton of immersive features, but that all seems to have gone out the window.
The game we got at the start of EA looked exactly how they presented it in 2016 when they hoped to get it in our hands until the end of that year, it got delayed for a few more years for some reason and we were all like "take your time, at least they will deliver and bugs will be ironed out", in the end they axed lots of features and the game was still bugged AF when released that took a few weeks of daily patches to fix so what did they do during all that time?

Comparing footage i see they changed some things like the world map and some lighting (unnecessary in my view, the game already looked great back then) while other things were cut like the awesome heraldic system (for a simpler field + sigil system), castle building and the 4 slots system (for one like warband but with even less direct ownership), smithing was changed from comissions for a crafting minigame like Skyrim, minor factions don't have bases anymore, no ambush, no civil wars (atleast we got rebellions which are cool), no entering taverns without loadscreens like in older footage, no sending parties to forage or scout as an army leader..

The game we got at the start of EA looked exactly how they presented it in 2016 when they hoped to get it in our hands until the end of that year, it got delayed for a few more years for some reason and we were all like "take your time, at least they will deliver and bugs will be ironed out", in the end they axed lots of features and the game was still bugged AF when released that took a few weeks of daily patches to fix so what did they do during all that time?

Comparing footage i see they changed some things like the world map and some lighting (unnecessary in my view, the game already looked great back then) while other things were cut like the awesome heraldic system (for a simpler field + sigil system), castle building and the 4 slots system (for one like warband but with even less direct ownership), smithing was changed from comissions for a crafting minigame like Skyrim, minor factions don't have bases anymore, no ambush, no civil wars (atleast we got rebellions which are cool), no entering taverns without loadscreens like in older footage, no sending parties to forage or scout as an army leader..
I remember back when they first started talking about the street gangs and all the gameplay surrounding them. It sounded awesome, but I started to get a little worried after awhile because it seemed like street gangs was the only thing they ever talked about in relation to activities in town. I remember thinking at the time that I really hoped there would be more to do in towns than just street gangs. But no, we didn't even get the goddamn street gangs.

I remember back when they first started talking about the street gangs and all the gameplay surrounding them. It sounded awesome, but I started to get a little worried after awhile because it seemed like street gangs was the only thing they ever talked about in relation to activities in town. I remember thinking at the time that I really hoped there would be more to do in towns than just street gangs. But no, we didn't even get the goddamn street gangs.
Haha, these are my thoughts as well. I was thinking back then that the town activities would be very limited.

If only they share at least their plans regarding the scene interactions but I guess they don't have any plans.

Yep, lol.

You may be right and it's possible that his place has been taken by his evil twin Anagram. The original game name was Land Reborn, so that's a hint.
Heheheh We all have a lesser and a better version of us in ourselves :confused: I'm not the last using more the lesser one! "Electroincal"

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom