Open petition to remove couchlance from the game completely

Do you want to see couch lances removed from the game?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I made the same point already. People were building straw-mans around that and were like "Trolls are gonna abuse it"
If a troll wants to **** you over he has enough ways to do so already. Cavalry friendly fire won't change that.
yeah people overuse this bad reasoning to defend their preferred casual mechanics. When TW added friendly fire to sieges it made the game so much better. And it was hilarious, because they implemented it very well - you took more damage if you hit your teammate than your teammate took - so naturally, trolls would only be trolling themselves. Everyone was more careful about their swings, no more mindless two-handed spam, and now that there is no more friendly fire people are back to mindless spamming and surrounding enemies with no care in the world, and it's boring. And that's why they will implement a kick system anyway, for trolls. Kicks and bans for trolls = problem solved. The only people you will have problems with are aim botters and other kind of cheaters, like in every other game. Nobody will risk getting banned just to troll for a game or two. I didn't even find that many trolls in multiplayer to begin with... if there were "trolls", they were most likely doing their own thing, not bothering other players. And nobody had a problem with that. Like, you would think there would be more ladder-blockers and the sorts, but there really aren't

noooo how can it be that armor actually does something nooo
noo i liek the way it is nauuww i like doing the same damage i do to a skirmisher to a legionary
Exept when you do 80 damage to a heavy infantry with improved armor with a slow speed stab in the head with a lance.
Armor sure doesnt work then, does it.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think friendly fire for cav bumps (+ knock down) should be enabled as well. Cav can do easy charges without having to think about their teammates (even as a teammate inf this is quite annoying though, as you get constantly pushed around and crucial strikes getting blocked by their fat ass horses).
May sound counterproductive for inf at first, but like that cav would have to play much more tactically and cautiously, instead of constant x pressing YOLO charges around the map.
Even if we take the trolls out of the equation, cavalry wouldnt care about bumping friendly units. Playing on a casual server in Warband with FF enabled is one of the most painfull thing for an infantry to do. Every single archer in the world thought they were Legolas, just shooting into melee fights, 90% of the time hitting me and not the enemy, and you think cavalry are gonna be any different? They'll just charge in to get hits off, not really caring about the infantry. Its not that trolls would bump you down, careless players would.
Infantry is already a pain to play with very little reward, if you add friendly bumps I'd change my class in a heartbeat.

I was actually trolling to see how most of you would react, and some of this replies gave me a good laugh not gonna lie :ROFLMAO:
"I was acting like an idiot to fool you! Dont you all feel like an idiot now?!"
So to defend Taleworld here, posts like this and the other troll posts basically just confirms to taleworld that the forum users are a small minority of morons and they dont have to listen to us.

Tjey tried nerfing it. For two months in the summer couch lances only oneshot with good speed bonus and only dealt 40 without. It made sense to me.
But cav mains, and i think including you, were bragging about its InCoNsIsTeNt damage until they reverted it.
+1 It was good until salty cavs started crying.

"I was acting like an idiot to fool you! Dont you all feel like an idiot now?!"
So to defend Taleworld here, posts like this and the other troll posts basically just confirms to taleworld that the forum users are a small minority of morons and they dont have to listen to us.
FYI I didn't make this post, I did however post a reply about people getting gud agaist something overpowered, it was the joke.

Excited to see how fast that will change when you play against div A archers.

Get off your high horse, OGL is completely correct. True, most archers don’t get couched by cav coming frontally at them while there’s nothing else going on in the round, because the archer would have to be incapable of using their mouse to miss a shot on a cav coming at them in a straight line with nothing else taking their attention. You are purposefully misinterpreting OGL’s point, that archers do get couched by cav but it is often when they are distracted shooting into a fight, shooting at another cav, by both cav going for one archer at the same time, while the archer is getting pushed by inf etc.

There are many situations where archers cannot respond properly to an incoming couch, both when they are aware of it and when they are not. Couches in Bannerlord are extremely poorly balanced and the devs should load up Warband and take notes for how to balance them.

Lol, I've seen quite a few recordings where exactly couches are not used against archers because of the risk for the rider involved (getting ez headshots), rather throw 400 gold (i.e. 2 cav) at the problem because then the archer guaranteed can't strike back. Captains' even bragged to me about the effectiveness of this method.

Is a couch necessary for this maneuver on top? Bull****. Couches are - from what I have seen over the last season - used against 1) horses of another cav in case the rider gets outmaneuvered, 2) shield inf locked in duels and linked together with that 3) everything which is unfortunate to stand in the way or can't turn around in that second.
People should stay honest about this at least.

Last edited:
...archers do get couched by cav but it is often when they are distracted shooting into a fight, shooting at another cav, by both cav going for one archer at the same time, while the archer is getting pushed by inf etc.

There are many situations where archers cannot respond properly to an incoming couch, both when they are aware of it and when they are not. Couches in Bannerlord are extremely poorly balanced and the devs should load up Warband and take notes for how to balance them.

Isn't this the case in Warband also?

A big nerf compared to Warband for example is the cone in which you can "aim" the lance while couching, you have like... what? 30° - 45° to work with? And it is harder to hit the couch in many scenarios. I think the only nerf Bannerlord couches need is adding cooldown and a limit to how long you can couch at a time, just like in Warband. I don't think they are extremely poorly balanced though.

Lol, I've seen quite a few recordings where exactly couches are not used against archers because of the risk for the rider involved (getting ez headshots), rather throw 400 gold (i.e. 2 cav) at the problem because then the archer guaranteed can't strike back. Captains' even bragged to me about the effectiveness of this method.

Is a couch necessary for this maneuver on top? Bull****. Couches are - from what I have seen over the last season - used against 1) horses of another cav in case the rider gets outmaneuvered, 2) shield inf locked in duels and linked together with that 3) everything which is unfortunate to stand in the way or can't turn around in that second.
People should stay honest about this at least.
Right but the problem is the couches are too easy to spam due to no cooldown and instant activation, it's not a problem per se that a cav can land a couch kill, the problem is the ease with which they currently do it. My point with the archers was just an example of why couches do serve a purpose and impact balance, as a way to force kills.

As ever, the solution for both devs and anyone absolutely flummoxed as to how the balance game:

BZ8iQkh.png

I am going to refer (again :iamamoron: ) to this test I carried out.

In my opinion I would not remove the action but apply a big nerf; both in cooldown (+time) along with a narrowing of manoeuvrability angles (both vertical and horizontal) like with the modified parameters I made available here.

Back
Top Bottom