Open petition to remove couchlance from the game completely

Do you want to see couch lances removed from the game?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

If couching gets removed, people will just get killed by something else and complain about that. Next will be arrows and bolts. Then javelins. After that people will complain about getting owned by those e-sport tryhards who do like 3 feints per second. Eventually this will be a pillow fight simulator.

Next will be arrows and bolts. Then javelins.

Oh no, we have been there already. First it was javelins, then cavalry, then javelins again and now were back to cavalry.

Some connoisseurs, like me, like to complain about both things at the same time: Cavalry with javelins.

Edit: actually teams have also complained about e-sport tryhards back when clans were stomping matches in public games.

i dont like that you cannot block couched lances without a shield, making it an auto kill for anyone without one...

if you could block couched lances i wouldn't mind it being in the game, i just dont like automatic death mechanics like crush through etc

i dont like that you cannot block couched lances without a shield, making it an auto kill for anyone without one...

if you could block couched lances i wouldn't mind it being in the game, i just dont like automatic death mechanics like crush through etc

Any suggestion on how to achieve that? Without a shield, you should avoid the lance not block it; otherwise what is the point?

Any suggestion on how to achieve that? Without a shield, you should avoid the lance not block it; otherwise what is the point?
In Warband you were able to chamber couched lance. It was hard, but it saved me from many one-shot situations. But as we can all see, chambers are nonexistent in Bannerlord.

ps.
Sorry for saying W-word

+
With couch readying speed decreased and some cooldown and hitbox decrease, im not even aganist couched
But the fact that its unblockable atack is wrong, its aganist game design at whole, there should not be unblockable atacks in melee at all, we all seen that with crushthrough circlejerk in last yeaar

The biggest arguments for having couch be instakill is that it helps to control archers and punishes unaware people.

Except that where couching really shines is when your team engages in melee, you come swooping in pressing x and killing already engaged infantries on hit. Infantry players already have to suffer and account for enemy inf, archers, throwing, cav - cav, which has a guaranteed kill on you if they hit you with a couch. It just doesn't sit well with me, yes, cavalry can oneshot with a well placed normal stab, but it is not guaranteed and not that likely. Adding to that, couch is a potential free dismount on an even slightly distracted enemy cav.

The less oneshot mechanics there are in the game, the better. And if they're there, they should be relatively hard to pull off, like headshots or well placed hits. Not yeeting a random pila or pressing x while coming from behind. I just don't see why cavalry needs this tool, I don't like the concept of it and I don't trust TW to balance it.

But, that's like, just my opinion, man.

In Warband you were able to chamber couched lance. It was hard, but it saved me from many one-shot situations. But as we can all see, chambers are nonexistent in Bannerlord.
You could only chamber it while using a shield in WB, would be fine with extending that to without though.

Except that where couching really shines is when your team engages in melee, you come swooping in pressing x and killing already engaged infantries on hit. Infantry players already have to suffer and account for enemy inf, archers, throwing, cav - cav, which has a guaranteed kill on you if they hit you with a couch. It just doesn't sit well with me, yes, cavalry can oneshot with a well placed normal stab, but it is not guaranteed and not that likely. Adding to that, couch is a potential free dismount on an even slightly distracted enemy cav.
I agree but I think this has more to do with general cav mechanics than couches themselves; as ever, look at Warband where couches were powerful but not to this degree. Cav being able to push through endless groups of infantry, friend and foe, the speed of cav, not being reared by other cav, the high manoeuvrability at speed, all of this combines with the low cooldown on couches to make them much easier to pull off.

hey, the best bannerlord player that ever touched this trash god damn forgotten game here: make couch like warband kk cya

Qo1gsII.png

Last edited:

You can chamber a couch in Bannerlord as well, it's just that chambers are too inconsistent at the moment.

ps.
Sorry for saying W-word

I was not aware of the couched lance chamber but it seems a bit extreme for me. Nonetheless, if it existed in Warband (Sorry for saying the W-word) I'll give it to you.

You can chamber a couch in Bannerlord as well, it's just that chambers are too inconsistent at the moment.

Something to do with the physics/how the attacks are modeled I suppose. It should work more reliably in Bannerlord!

+, speed of couching reducing and removal of every unblockable melee atack from game (including "wholesome" crushthrough) would make game much more fun
+1 i agree having unblockable attacks like crushthroughs, and being killed when you get horse bumped + slashed is very annoying,

you should be able to block in every situations it is not fun being autokilled

I'd say shorten the couch time and make it a friendly fire thing. People just drive around the streets with couch on and hope someone happens to be standing around a corner or there is a group of infantry fighting each other that they can run through at no personal risk.

Back
Top Bottom