Open petition to remove class system from the game

Remove class system from the game?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

trafon

Recruit
With the introduction of perks and cosmetics in recent updates, class system that taleworlds have put so much time into making and defending over the years became a lot more complicated and confusing. Current class system goes against all of their arguments for the class system and mount&blade series. Class system has turned Bannerlord into a different game than warband, might as well rename the game to something else than Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. It's time to remove class system and introduce warband equipment selection before it's too late.

At this point, they might as well. The class system was probably a good idea early on in Bannerlord's lifespan so as to allow weaker units to be viable picks for late joiners, and for gold hoarders to not be nigh-unkillable death machines though I'm less sold on the idea of a class system since TaleWorlds is more or less throwing unit readability out the window.

The class system has no place in Battle, Skirmish, Duel, Siege, or TDM.

Maybe Captain -simply due to the nature of the game mode, but even that is a stretch.

Class system has turned Bannerlord into a different game
Lol what? Over-dramatization like this doesn't really help to take you guys seriously. While I agree that the recent perk change moved the class system a bit farther away from being simple and easy to balance, otherwise most of their points about it still stand. I would personally make a step back and remove perks that do anything besides giving you different equipment.

I dont think the polls will change anything. Developers have been very adamant about the class system.

What needs to be done with the customization on the optics is a clear and open declaration of the perks which a player has selected. Since the avatars have been made smaller there is enough space in the topbar to create symbols for the respective perks selected so we know what we're up against at.

I prefer the class system over the warband system. It gives you the option to start as heavy unit instantly and that makes it more noob friendly. If everyone starts naked they will get 2-hit and deleted by the good players in skirmish just think about it. That means the good will get geared while the bad will stay naked. I don't care whether they bring old system back or not that's not the reason why the game is in the terrible state right now.

A sequel is a different game than the one before, oh no ?

The system could be well better balanced if necessary steps were taken by the devs, they chose often enough now not to do it and to ignore our feedback. The bad balancing is not the class system in itself alone but rather the devs' fault.

I prefer the class system over the warband system. It gives you the option to start as heavy unit instantly and that makes it more noob friendly. If everyone starts naked they will get 2-hit and deleted by the good players in skirmish just think about it. That means the good will get geared while the bad will stay naked. I don't care whether they bring old system back or not that's not the reason why the game is in the terrible state right now.
This is the reason why they're doing class system, to keep it balanced, to allow new players to understand what to do.

However, I would like something what mordhau does, have 2 version, one as the default class for the noobies and the other option would be customising these classes. Yes, keep it the same class system, but make it more customisable.

I prefer the class system over the warband system. It gives you the option to start as heavy unit instantly and that makes it more noob friendly. If everyone starts naked they will get 2-hit and deleted by the good players in skirmish just think about it.
Why is the noob friendly argument so popular regarding the class system? There is no point in having a class system that rewards you with the best gear right at the beginning. It just takes all the excitement out of it. You eventually start as a sergeant, get a Lance in a back just to find yourself on a suicide mission as a peasant to repeat step one. It won’t get any better nor exciting and that is what makes the class system not only a terrible concept but also a frustrating and boring one that has no depth in it. A new player will be swept over anyway, no matter what equipment he chosen unless he’s going for a call of duty archer or tends to enjoy some need for speed butterlord couching.

This is very easy to fix. Have Taleworlds make "suggested builds" for various price ranges and play styles. So you would have a 1000 gold spearman, 1500 heavy inf, 800 gold shock inf, 2000 heavy cav, etc. Nothing is lost and the players can decide for themselves now

Back
Top Bottom