Open letter to the developers

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone who feels to sign this, please go ahead and sign down your name as answer with maybe your clan membership.
Be so kind and sign this petition as well.

The community on this game is niche and small, but it was always active and the players dedicated to these games are loyal as a watchdog. We play your games, we give feedback, we want to help, we love these games.

Public Matches are not really fun at the moment. You say in the game it's an average of 20 minutes, we can prove you wrong. Games can be super one sided because of stacks or skill difference alone.
Parts of this community, part of the multiplayer clans, tried their best to improve the given situation. There's a pinned post where the multiplayer community tried to organize themselves to improve the experience for everyone involved. If the beta patch goes live this will go down the gutter.
I have been one of the persons involved into planning this discord and the structure around it. The idea of the persons involved was to improve matches by
1. reducing the amount of matches where public players or lone wolfs face a fullstack. That's no fun for anyone, really, just for those stacks dedicated to stomp. It happens frequently, which also leads to the counter-stack phenomena.
2. getting stacks to rather play against each other than an unorganized team.
3. encourage the building of stacks which will fight each other to improve themselves in the game.
4. teaching those who are willing to learn how the combat in this franchise work. This won't work in public play since you can't talk, voice chat helps a lot.

I have shown patience and tried to be constructive as hell, pointing out the difficulties the developers might face.
But at some point it's enough. If the beta patch goes live this will lead to the following
1. players leaving against a stack will get punished either way for staying or leaving. Stay and Fight will be no fun, leaving gets you banned.
2. stacks who want to stomp publics will continue to do so and won't care with the current situation. In fact they get an even easier time getting off because you just offered them some sheep to slaughter since evading these players gets punished.
3. stacks who want to fight other stacks will either be forced to commit to win quicker to have another chance or completely abandon the game.
4. As pointed out in 1... Since you have to stay in the game anyway to not get penalized, people might resort to teamkilling, glitching and so on to kill off the time or troll around, you won't win against the six stack, but you can annoy everyone else! Or they will straight on go AFK. This might destroy the experience for those who display bravery despite the odds and want to try to play regardless.

This is not about being toxic, but please stop this beta patch from being implemented in the main branch.
If you want to put it through regardless then either:
1. provide us with the necessary equipment to fight each other in a more dedicated setup to spare the public players from getting destroyed. They do not deserve this! It will just discourage them from playing the game, which would be sad for everyone. These are the people who get punished by this.
2. get the custom servers out, even if they're unpolished, ask us for help if necessary, we'll be ready and as helpful as possible if called upon.

We love these games, we love the multiplayer. There's a reason why people stick to a game for 10 years. We stick to a game franchise which had it's flaws, had dated graphics, had issues, because we love it regardless.
Mount&Blade is a unique franchise. We're loyal supporters. Please do not ignore us. If you want to push this game for esports or something else to be watchable (I get the feeling from the way skirmish is set up!) then help us create this environment. We have taken the first steps. Help us! Otherwise the multiplayer will probably die and dry out before it can truly begin.

Sincerely,
A loyal fan since 2010.

Signature List:

TheBard, Deutschritter [DR]
God, RCC
Caps,
SvÄn, Deutschritter
BlackbellAmy
Mika_RS, Runaway Scorpions
Varian, Deutschritter
Darth Rawex
EvgenS, 22nd
HelveticGenetikk
NeuD, Runaway Scorpions
Vanok
Yans, Runaway Scorpions
MorM
Calle, Deutschritter
ViteeOK
Kripaz
Argentum, Runaway Scorpions
Maroon
NoScopeGabe, 22nd
sadnhappy, 22nd
Aeronwen

Last edited:
i welcome the new mechanic if they set the penalty to 0 for now

matchmaking empowers the player to learn themselfs when playin against equally skilled opponents

As a new player I try to play Siege because I can help the team with whatever skills I have. When I play the other modes I find very often my team is steamrolled super quick no matter what. It's not even close. If there was matchmaking I would play other noobs, but at this point I don't want to be the guy who gets in the way of a much better player looking for a challenge.

Yeah so I'll sign whatever I have to so I can get a better experience there.

@Callum @armagan

Please don't punishing quiting from skirmish now!
You will make life of both clans and long wolfs even harder.

You may implement punishing for quiting only after giving us possibility to run private servers(to organize competitive matches) and splitting premades from sole players in quick-play matchmaking.

I don't play multiplayer a lot but if this many people agree there may be something wrong, sign me in too

i welcome the new mechanic if they set the penalty to 0 for now
A simple solution for now could be (if they want to push this mechanic) a message that pops up when you leave mid game saying something like: "You are a bad boy, don't do that". Yes, I accept alternative choice of words, but punishing for that now is bit too harsh for a fragile community.

Yea, /sign.

Back
Top Bottom