• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

[OPEN] Bannerlord matchmaking by HINQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Namakan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I can name a few:
  • FREE improvements to the code from the community
  • everyone can implement the bot on their servers
  • new variations of the bot/mmr sorting algorithm
  • deep gratitude and respect from the community
lol, none of these would convince me to release my work. especially the last one isn't even true; most people don't give two ****s about work done by anyone for the community.

Younes

Master Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
We're doing it the SMOrc way, getting data directly from screenshots using OCR.
Look solid for now, hopefully people don't abuse the too much as it can be misused by editing.

lol, none of these would convince me to release my work. especially the last one isn't even true; most people don't give two ****s about work done by anyone for the community.
Agreed, i doubt there are even much modders in the comp scene in bannerlord who are willing to make a fork or contribute to the repo lmao

Tork789

Knight at Arms
WBNWWF&SM&BVC
Well there are people out there who put their work out for free and I am grateful to them, I use their work on almost daily basis. Chances are Forsee used such tools to create the bot.

Horatius

Banned
WBNWVC
Wrong approach IMO, open sourcing a project should be "always done unless x". Your approach is "I should open source my project because x".
It costs only a minute to upload it to git

I would have taken a shot at it for sure, it also prevents the community from doing double work and is just bad habit. But hey, it's a useless discussion anyways as they want to keep their "magic" source code.

Horatius

Banned
WBNWVC
Pay him then, I am sure if the community paid him it would be open source. Guy is working for free.
What? People now want to be paid to make a small project open source?
Like do you understand the reason I ask it to be open source?

Why would I pay for some expensive OpenCV image recognition which is supposed to help the community and I would want to contribute to?

Mental.

Also there is a very easy way on GitHub to receive donations.

Younes

Master Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
What? People now want to be paid to make a small project open source?
People don't code things for free. It is completely reasonable for him to ask money to make it open source, same way it is reasonable for you not to pay him and just leave it closed source.

If you think it's easy to do anyway, just do it.

Jufasto

Sergeant at Arms
WBWF&SNW
I played couple games last night. It was quite fun. Love to see activity in HINQ discord. Even tho there were some minor errors from bot side, it's always lovely to see this community active and playing together.

zorkeN

Recruit
I played couple games last night. It was quite fun. Love to see activity in HINQ discord. Even tho there were some minor errors from bot side, it's always lovely to see this community active and playing together.
thank you for the answer Jufasto, appreciate it :xf-cool:

Top Bottom