• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

[OPEN] Bannerlord matchmaking by HINQ

Users who are viewing this thread

zorkeN

Recruit
LOGO_v2-03.png
Hello, If you haven't heard, HINQ have developed new automatic mmr-based bannerlord matchmaking system and now u can be joining to participate. We are currently finishing up with all the systems and making sure everything works automatically and without bugs.

I am writing this to inform you of such system ready to playing. For now, I can share with you the link to out discord channel where this will be happening. As to how it works, we have a bot which takes people waiting in discord lobby and balancing them into teams based on class and their rating (in case of 24 or more people teams would be separated in different skill brackets for better quality of matches).

All you need to do to keep this system running and update your rating is to post 1 screenshot of a game in related channel and bot will automatically update the database. As you would start playing you need to register yourself and your classes with commands:
!mm reg (main class) (secondary class)

Don't forget that your first 10 games will be your calibration period where win/loss and your score impact your mmr the most. You are very welcome to come and experience this matchmaking yourself.

And after all,very important, when u get a mm role, read the rules in the #-mm-rules channel.

We will be grateful for all the advertising of our project and invite your friends, let's play! Thank you for your attention!

Discord: https://discord.gg/z5DzWqd

Rating table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3GBcvfprEquNRHRa2ceiA0U1qBSslrFyBLbqbjV8hU/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Horatius

Banned
WBNWVC
Is it an idea to post it on the "neutral" discord server? Also, any chance for open-source, would be interested.

Great idea though, looks interesting.

zorkeN

Recruit
Is it an idea to post it on the "neutral" discord server? Also, any chance for open-source, would be interested.

Great idea though, looks interesting.
We thinked about it, but this mmr system writed by only HINQ development.
I just dont have a reason to create another discord server actually.
About open-source idk really. This program is done by 2 people together, you need to ask them personally.

Last edited:

Horatius

Banned
WBNWVC
We thinked about it, but this mmr system writed by only HINQ development.
I just dont have a reason to create another discord server actually.
Well there is another one right but sure?

About open-source idk really. This program is done by 2 people together, you need to ask them personally.
Can you give me names? I have some interesting ideas and would love to contribute but won't if it isn't open source under a good license.

zorkeN

Recruit
Well there is another one right but sure?

Can you give me names? I have some interesting ideas and would love to contribute but won't if it isn't open source under a good license.
msg Nord or Forsee
And I think we will use the same discord, as there are all the necessary bots for matchmaking, and most of the interested players in mm consist there.

Forsee

Sergeant
There's a couple screens of it.
We are currently working on screenshot processing, we wanna make sure that it's 100% precise to rely on it.
You can share your ideas, but I gotta say atm im busy working on that, once it's finished (and most bugs will be fixed), we will implement new features like IGL parameter implementation for team making algorhythm

Horatius

Banned
WBNWVC
There's a couple screens of it.
We are currently working on screenshot processing, we wanna make sure that it's 100% precise to rely on it.
You can share your ideas, but I gotta say atm im busy working on that, once it's finished (and most bugs will be fixed), we will implement new features like IGL parameter implementation for team making algorhythm
What factors do you use for MMR calculation? Also, will you make it open source?

Forsee

Sergeant
What factors do you use for MMR calculation? Also, will you make it open source?
Here we go again...
For mmr calculation I use 2 parameters: default mmr change and additional mmr pull.
Default mmr change is amount you get if you won, or amount you lose if you lost regardless of anything else.
Additional mmr pull is amount of mmr, that will be splitted between each team, depending on each player's impact. Each player of lost team lose additionally add_mmr_pull//3 to compensate additional mmr bonuses. Avg amount of mmr lost == avg amount of mmr gained.
Impact is calculated by dividing player's score by his team total score.
Let's say we have 1cav with 4000 score, 1arch with 2000 score, and 4 inf with 1000 score, it's 10000score total. Cav player made 40% impact, so he will gain 40% of additional mmr bank, archer did 20% and he will get 20% of it as extra bonus and so on. By default, we play with 20 60 stats, so in that example, if that team won, cav player will get 20 + 60*0.4 = 44mmr, arch 20 + 60*0.2 = 32 and so on.

And no, I won't make it open source, no reason to.

LaPache

Knight at Arms
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
Really cool idea. Actually the developers of Warband Matchmaking were thinking of making a similar system such as in Warband. But without custom servers this proofs to be quite difficult and developing eventually died down. Once custom servers are there a more automatic system with a website could be a cool project to work on for you guys.

Forsee

Sergeant
Things would be much easier with dedicated servers. There was an alternative of using log files, but we decided that it isnt the best idea

Tork789

Knight at Arms
WBNWWF&SM&BVC
And no, I won't make it open source, no reason to.
I can name a few:
  • FREE improvements to the code from the community
  • everyone can implement the bot on their servers
  • new variations of the bot/mmr sorting algorithm
  • deep gratitude and respect from the community

I can name a few:
  • FREE improvements to the code from the community
  • everyone can implement the bot on their servers
  • new variations of the bot/mmr sorting algorithm
  • deep gratitude and respect from the community
Just let them do their thing god damnit. We dont need every trash discord have their own ranked mode...

Younes

Master Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
How are wins and such attributed to people? Does taleworlds have an API that lets you fetch data from their DB that I am unaware of, or are you doing it simply manually?

zorkeN

Recruit
How are wins and such attributed to people? Does taleworlds have an API that lets you fetch data from their DB that I am unaware of, or are you doing it simply manually?
Each player, after finishing a game, doing a screenshot, and one of the 12 sends it to the chat, after this the bot recognizes wins, points, kills, assists, and etc. This information is then entered into an excel table, which displays all the statistics of the games played by the player during the matchmaking period

Forsee

Sergeant
We're doing it the SMOrc way, getting data directly from screenshots using OCR.

Top Bottom