SP - UI OoB - Some bugs and suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Spinozart1

Knight at Arms
OoB is a neat addition with plenty of potential, great job @MRay !
Not sure if it will be of any help, but here are different bugs and suggestions found in random videos on YT and also from myself.

Bugs
NPljJ.jpg

Click, swap and unselect
2uicU.jpg

Buttons and preferences
k-arP.jpg

Also, I think it will be a good thing to add a specific formation for heroes (as suggested by @AngryPanCake ).
And maybe in addition to the current "Preferences" selection, allow the player to select troops per Tier level.

Cheers!

I like where it's heading but it's a bit of 6 steps forward, 1 step back. I really, really miss being able to assign units by type to various groups. I definitely support letting us select troop types instead of just Infantry, Ranged, Cavalry, Horse Archer, Infantry/Ranged & Cavalry/Horse Archer.

I'd prefer to have the formations be just I ~ X / 1 ~ 10. No need to make them Infantry or Archers. Let me decide the troop mix.

e.g. put Formations back in the Party Screen but let us assign each troop type by %, i.e. 50% of Sharpshooters to Formation 2, 30% to formation 3 and 20% to formation 4. That way, you still get the benefit of the troop % working to keep unit numbers under the Battle Size / reinforcement waves / etc.

Currently, every time I promote/recruit troops or suffer troop losses (changing what troop numbers I have), I have to finetune OOB.

e.g. I have Aserai Recruits (Infantry). Four promotions later, they are now Mameluke Heavy Cavalry (horse archers / Heavy Armor). Previously they were Infantry / Shield / Polearm, then Cavalry and finally Horse Archers then Horse Archers / Heavy Armor.

Having OOB assign troops base on a % is a good thing. Keeps things simple as far as Battle Size / reinforcement waves / etc. but it may frustrate players who have to redo OOB after each troop promotion.

Also... would be nice if the formation assignments are synched across all events, i.e. battles, bandit hideouts. - minor issue ^_^.

Back
Top Bottom