Only way to play the game?

Do you execute lords/ladies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

So I've been playing for a while and then the conspiracy quest triggers and I am suddenly in basically unendable wars with 3 kingdoms (unless I'm missing something). They each have like 4-5 armies with at least 500 men and continually siege me and if I beat one back then another army is there in like 4 days. I ended up just saying screw it and I've started executing every lord I get my hands on. I tried to recruit them but if they have any sort of fief they don't want to join without a bribe and all of my gold and stuff only gets them half way. I enjoy large battles as much as the next guy but I think they should remove some lords/clans there are because it's sort of ridiculous that I have to execute them all in order to make the game playable. It's not as bad as it was originally when the Southern Empire just took over the whole map but it's still sorta sucky. I get that it's only early access no need to remind me...

I was playing a game as Vlandians where we conquered the viking's northernmost central town. I would destroy the armies over and over and new stacks show up. At one point I had a quest to deliver a noble all the way back to Western Vlandia (yeah, right, they ALWAYS escape). After defeating the same noble three times and capturing him (and others ~2 times) I decided I would execute everyone from that faction just to get them to **** off. Lost reputation, but it bought me some time to reinforce the one settlement and finally capture their capital. And then another faction started doing it...

So ultimately what's the negative of executing these lords? I know it causes negative relation with pretty much everybody. But what are the consequences?
To this point I've been a just and merciful king ? but it seems to get me nowhere.

So ultimately what's the negative of executing these lords? I know it causes negative relation with pretty much everybody. But what are the consequences?
To this point I've been a just and merciful king ? but it seems to get me nowhere.
Well executing is one thing I don't really want to do ruling my own kingdom, as I don't want to piss off my own lords and have them defect.

I don't think there are any for right now. Maybe they will change it in the future tho.

Well executing is one thing I don't really want to do ruling my own kingdom, as I don't want to piss off my own lords and have them defect.

I don't think I've had anyone defect from negative relation but you can raise it through the kingdom screen with influence if you think it matters. I had this guy at +26 once and he defected though, he is next on the list of kills.

I have been practicing a lot of catch and release and I am now the most beloved man in Calradia... among my enemies. My allies think I am a large bag of pig doots, but every enemy lord in the land drinks a toast to me at holiday celebrations. This game is so weird at times.

?

I don't think I've had anyone defect from negative relation but you can raise it through the kingdom screen with influence if you think it matters. I had this guy at +26 once and he defected though, he is next on the list of kills.
LOL nice.

Yeah you're probably right, defections seem pretty random currently.

If you don't progress the main quest, then you don't have this problem. The game basically plays as a Warband-like sandbox. Granted, you can't form an independent kingdom this way. With the absence of diplomacy & kingdom-management mechanics, however, I'm kinda mystified that TW even gave us the main-quest path to establish a kingdom at all in the first place.

In current state of the game, it seems to me the most logical route is to just ignore the main quest entirely. Avoids a lot of headaches.

Note: I'm not saying this situation is okay or suggesting that OP and others have somehow made a mistake and have only themselves to blame. Not at all. I'm just pointing out that TW explicitly released an unfinished game in EA and told us the parts that weren't yet implemented. So far so good, I'm cool with that....but then they included a broken quest that invites the player directly into the midst of those very same un-implemented gameplay aspects. Inexplicable.

If you don't progress the main quest, then you don't have this problem. The game basically plays as a Warband-like sandbox. Granted, you can't form an independent kingdom this way. With the absence of diplomacy & kingdom-management mechanics, however, I'm kinda mystified that TW even gave us the main-quest path to establish a kingdom at all in the first place.

In current state of the game, it seems to me the most logical route is to just ignore the main quest entirely. Avoids a lot of headaches.

Note: I'm not saying this situation is okay or suggesting that OP and others have somehow made a mistake and have only themselves to blame. Not at all. I'm just pointing out that TW explicitly released an unfinished game in EA and told us the parts that weren't yet implemented. So far so good, I'm cool with that....but then they included a broken quest that invites the player directly into the midst of those very same un-implemented gameplay aspects. Inexplicable.

Yeah I feel you, I get that it's early access. Maybe I should just download the mod that finishes the main quest for you automatically and avoid the mess but I sort of found the underdog feeling fun until I was getting sieged everyday.

In my new playthrough i dont execute the lords anymore, i enjoy smashing them over and over again
Just fight the battles you can win and if they siege you and you cant win just pay them off for peace,
during peace always replenish your men and level them up fighting bandits and once you are ready go to war and fight small stacks

I don't like executing lords, although the game got basically unplayable through their constant escaping and respawning with half a complete party. I got this fixed by using a mod that fixes prisoner handling and escape rates. Now I just let them rot in my dungeon forever and don't have to kill them.

Only way to make meaningful progress without fighting the same lord ever 5 minutes has been acting like you're Joffrey "Lannister" Baratheon on one of his more axe-happy days. I guess it's a good thing wedding ceremonies are not implemented yet... at least I can RP it by arming my character with an Executioner's Axe, and pretend they're battlefield deaths by executing them during the post-battle procedure.

I've avoided forming my own kingdom in my playthroughs, precisely because it is unfinished at this point. Playing as a loyal vassal, you can get by without executing anyone, although about the ninth time the same ****er raids my villages is certainly a test of my mercy.

In my new playthrough i dont execute the lords anymore, i enjoy smashing them over and over again
Just fight the battles you can win and if they siege you and you cant win just pay them off for peace,
during peace always replenish your men and level them up fighting bandits and once you are ready go to war and fight small stacks

Yeah I usually do that but once the conspiracy quest triggers you can't ask for peace at all you have to destroy them.

I've avoided forming my own kingdom in my playthroughs, precisely because it is unfinished at this point. Playing as a loyal vassal, you can get by without executing anyone, although about the ninth time the same ****er raids my villages is certainly a test of my mercy.

I've never played as a vassal. I bend the knee to no one. How do executions work as a vassal anyway would you get kicked out of the kingdom if you did too many?

Back
Top Bottom