Only wanderers in taverns?

Users who are viewing this thread

JA55

Regular
I'm unable to find any other type of "occupation" than a wanderer. Only wanderers are available for hiring as companions.
Are there any better types of companions and where can I find them?

'Wanderer' is used both as the generic term for potential companion - as well as a specific suffix for some of them.

The 'occupation' is indicated (sort of) by the suffix to their name - below page gives some info on the broad types and the 'best' types for certain functions (detailed stats may have changed since that list was compiled).

If you're only seeing 'wanderer' suffixes, try more cities. It's random so you might get a glut of one type in a particular faction's cities (Battania will have several 'the wanderer's), but they do start to move between cities after a while.

This post got me thinking it would be cool to see Nobles and Family in the Tavern when you enter the scene. Only time I've seen that is my Brother or Wife when they get teleported after the main quest or marraige.

Unsure why they decided to call all possible Companions as "Wanderer" though, maybe a translation thing? As Avare and Arkadas (missing the accent under the S) can both mean companion, comrade, wanderer, mate, friend, bro, etc.

they are usually in the keep. cause, you know. nobility and all, not gonna mix with the commoners
Oh I know, but would be cool to see them getting a drink, maybe another way to trigger the Prodigal Son or Missing Daughter quest - you see them all drunk and it triggers the Issue.

Anyway, sorry, derailing.

Back
Top Bottom