Only first character matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Would be awesome to have intrigue and feuds between clans of the same kingdom and even inside the clans themselves, first thing necessary for this is that each person have independent relations instead of following the clan hivemind.

It could improve gameplay and storytelling inside the game a lot like your character dies with two sons who don't like each other so they split the clan into a civil war for succession or the second son realize he doesn't have enough support to force his claim to lead the clan so he leaves alone or with a few members who pass a check to support him and found his own cadet branch of the clan with bad relations with the original clan making them try to screw you over just in spite whenever possible, the possibilities are endless!
You got one point, M&B is still a RPG game, where character build is a core concept, it's not like CK3 or something that you can build a character within 1 hours and let him die and chose a Heir to continue(well, even in CK3 it is possible to make new generations better than elder generations). In M&B we build our first character for at least 50 hours till him pass, if we lost him entirely, that means our 50 hour's character builds are wasted, just image you managed to get your 2H to 270 and being a blademaster by killing thousands of people, and when you passed all those kills mean nothing in this savegame, if you don't cheat.

I think there should be a feature to ensure the normal pass of your character being a good news instead of a bad news, it's easy to be done. Just give next gerenation more potenial, and faster learning rate, so you gain more joy by building your second character, as:
- You are building a new fresh character
- You know this new character will be stronger than your first character
- You build new character faster than former character

This too much Crusadr Kings frnchise copy

You can't compare CK3 to this game, because are games that offer two different things

Unless you cheat not always your dynasty will be better as well on CK3

The fun of multigenareations is that your next heir could be worse than your previous character, but then a system of Rebellion and Civil War would be need to be in place... but that's too much CK2 and CK3 inside Bannerlord

Of course I'd love see more depth on the clans and families, specially a Civil War feature....but, Bannerlord doesn't offer the same thing as CK or Total war... I see TW's games as unique and a combination of both, CK franchise and Total War franchise... But, too much of it could be seen as Plagianism and TW lose her identity.

I play it like crusader kings as a dynastic simulator and somewhat agree with you, what matters is the dynasty, if you lose one character and go to the next at max you'll be worse in a few skills you liked or "lose" a companion/party leader/governor that you'll have to compensate to maintain the power you previously had, i like it this way and use the pacemaker mod to make time pass a bit faster so the dynastic play is more prominent both for the player clan and AI ones, the default pacemaker's settings of 7 days season/21 days a year is a much better pacing than the vanilla one in my view.
I've been searching for that kind of mod for months ! Thanks for the info there!

I've been searching for that kind of mod for months ! Thanks for the info there!
Glad i was of help, check out that modder other works too, his houses of calradia mod is another one that never leave my load order, it takes out the simple (to say the least) system TW implemented of ai marriage and replaces it with a very indepth one with lots of variables to ensure smart and organic dynastic marriages and continuation of clans.

He also has another mod to use noble titles, no more calling your betters only their first name, it's baron this, count that, prince or king whatever now, much more immersive :party: (and it applies dynamically to the player too)

Glad i was of help, check out that modder other works too, his houses of calradia mod is another one that never leave my load order, it takes out the simple (to say the least) system TW implemented of ai marriage and replaces it with a very indepth one with lots of variables to ensure smart and organic dynastic marriages and continuation of clans.

He also has another mod to use noble titles, no more calling your betters only their first name, it's baron this, count that, prince or king whatever now, much more immersive :party: (and it applies dynamically to the player too)
Will do, I've read he's been modding CK 2 frequently that's the modder I need in bannerlord haha

Ok so I had a long playthrough. Started in 1.5.0 continued till 1.5.6.

My first character died of old age when he was 58 but up to that point I've built a decent clan. Vassals of Vlandia with 3 castles, town, 4 workshops and a caravan. My brother and sister died in battle but I managed to recently find a bride for my second brother. I have 2 parties on the map except my own.

After my main char died I was angry cause I had to take over as his wife. She died 4 years later in battle and now I took over as oldest son.

After playing a while I came to a conclusion that it doesn't matter who inherits. It only matters how You progress Your clan as first character cause if You built up enough wealth your skills stop being important and You can easily continue with totally noob character without any drawbacks.

What do You guys think? Those who went that far with their playthroughs.
agree/disagree

some skills are really useful so. having them defeinitly makes it easier.

having money makes it all easier no matter right, u correct.

Ok so I had a long playthrough. Started in 1.5.0 continued till 1.5.6.

My first character died of old age when he was 58 but up to that point I've built a decent clan. Vassals of Vlandia with 3 castles, town, 4 workshops and a caravan. My brother and sister died in battle but I managed to recently find a bride for my second brother. I have 2 parties on the map except my own.

After my main char died I was angry cause I had to take over as his wife. She died 4 years later in battle and now I took over as oldest son.

After playing a while I came to a conclusion that it doesn't matter who inherits. It only matters how You progress Your clan as first character cause if You built up enough wealth your skills stop being important and You can easily continue with totally noob character without any drawbacks.

What do You guys think? Those who went that far with their playthroughs.
The worst part will be getting 50 medicine again :sad: those first aid type perks are great on MC.

You're right; it doesn't matter. The only thing I missed was the advantage of high-level Scouting, Riding, Stewardship perks, but even then I didn't really need to actually cry over them; my armies were basically the same size, same speed and same effectiveness, so I could blitzkrieg-siege towns like before.

And since TW maintained the old Warband-style "You must siege down every last goddamned settlement" that's all the end-game consists of.
It concerns me over the long term slow passive skills. Some have sweet payoffs but how much will I get to use them before I croak?
I think there should be a feature to ensure the normal pass of your character being a good news instead of a bad news, it's easy to be done. Just give next gerenation more potenial, and faster learning rate, so you gain more joy by building your second character, as:
- You are building a new fresh character
- You know this new character will be stronger than your first character
- You build new character faster than former character
Yeah the child heir should have more attributes and starting skills, or in someway a potential upgrade over the 1st character. I'll be a little salty if it's just like the normal starting char creation.

I think of probability of dying by disease or natural causes should increase as the character becomes older. I would be surprised if this is not the case.

I think of probability of dying by disease or natural causes should increase as the character becomes older. I would be surprised if this is not the case.
IIRC it starts at a fairly young age (50?) with a very low chance and it then slowly increases and you're pretty much guaranteed to die by 100. There might have been a break point where it increases faster but I don't remember. It's good that the character starts younger now.

For me the game lack a really important mechanic for dynastic playthrough. I mean that no-one in Your clan has any objections to whoever You appoint as an heir. In my case when I appointed my wife it should give the risk that my brother will leave the clan or something.

I also feel the lack of culture switching for settlements. If You rule a settlement for 50 years without loosing it the culture should switch to your own.
I mean, Armenian culture persisted through 100s of years of Persian control, followed by Roman control, followed by Turkish/Ottoman control. So there is no real precedence for one culture to annihilate another. And in our post-modern society, governments bend over backwards catering to sub and foreign cultures versus maintaining and spreading their own.

I think it best just to leave towns as their initial culture as a default, and if people want to mess with it, that’s what mods are for

I mean, Armenian culture persisted through 100s of years of Persian control, followed by Roman control, followed by Turkish/Ottoman control. So there is no real precedence for one culture to annihilate another. And in our post-modern society, governments bend over backwards catering to sub and foreign cultures versus maintaining and spreading their own.

I think it best just to leave towns as their initial culture as a default, and if people want to mess with it, that’s what mods are for

The only issue with this is you end up with a bloated mixture of different cultural battle tactics, which is just not historically accurate. The Roman army did not use Parthian horse archer battle tactics. Once a period of cultural takeover is complete, the defeated culture adopts traditional garb of the army. This is clearly evident in Roman expansion.

Last edited:

+1

It concerns me over the long term slow passive skills. Some have sweet payoffs but how much will I get to use them before I croak?

If you're worried about it, don't count on slow-to-level passive skills. Or just use tantan's mod to tweak the rates to your liking. It is something they made incredibly easy to mod; no reason not to do that.

If you're worried about it, don't count on slow-to-level passive skills. Or just use tantan's mod to tweak the rates to your liking. It is something they made incredibly easy to mod; no reason not to do that.
I guess it's more a design concern and I always have extra FP sitting around so it's not like I'm put out if I invest it in a skill that doesn't end up getting high.
Ultimately I might use mods if the finished version isn't improved as I don't see the point of a character growth system that doesn't let you use it's full potential.
I think we could do without attributes and global learning reduction per level.

I don't understand how the inheritance system is supposed to work, I end up conquering the whole map before any of my children come of age :sad:

tumblr_niwlwaezRc1tuwbfjo1_1280.jpg

+1. Thanks to my grandma I got 90% of the things I have. Will do same with my future offsprings. Should be the same in the game, but in a slower pace than current, either by making it harder, more money sinks, or pump more content to do while not battling big factions (hunting down big gangs/bandits?)

I dunno, my female battanian got 8 kids with Sein.... god damn forest rabbits. Even gave birth to twins!
I wonder when the % of "childbirth death" goes up.

This too much Crusadr Kings frnchise copy

You can't compare CK3 to this game, because are games that offer two different things

Unless you cheat not always your dynasty will be better as well on CK3

The fun of multigenareations is that your next heir could be worse than your previous character, but then a system of Rebellion and Civil War would be need to be in place... but that's too much CK2 and CK3 inside Bannerlord

Of course I'd love see more depth on the clans and families, specially a Civil War feature....but, Bannerlord doesn't offer the same thing as CK or Total war... I see TW's games as unique and a combination of both, CK franchise and Total War franchise... But, too much of it could be seen as Plagianism and TW lose her identity.

I agree there should be both worse and better Heirs, the point is you always have at least ONE Heir being better than your first generation to pick.
And of course, it's your freedom to pick the worse one yourself for immersion things.:wink:

I don't understand how the inheritance system is supposed to work, I end up conquering the whole map before any of my children come of age :sad:
Im testing new mod called Pacemaker, it's golden and works in 1.5.6

Back
Top Bottom