Only 2H axes can hit multiple opponents? Not 2H swords?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've heard people talking about hybrid weapons multi-hitting, but I've been testing this and have yet to achieve a single multi-hit with a non executioner type 2H axe.

In my experience, the Executioner axe was the only one that could multi-hit, the difference was immediately apparent.
On the topic of 2-handed weapons though, their appears to be very few 2-handed maces and the one I have used was increasing my polearm skill and not my 2-handed weapon skill. I really hope Taleworlds takes a look at this soon as they can, but I am more than aware that they are quite busy at the moment!

In my experience, the Executioner axe was the only one that could multi-hit, the difference was immediately apparent.
On the topic of 2-handed weapons though, their appears to be very few 2-handed maces and the one I have used was increasing my polearm skill and not my 2-handed weapon skill. I really hope Taleworlds takes a look at this soon as they can, but I am more than aware that they are quite busy at the moment!

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if I craft my own executioner looking axe (using the heavy bardiche head) if I can multi-hit as well. Or if I have to use only the ones called "executioner axe" that drop in-game/bought in stores?

Good question, I've been trying to train up my smithing skill a lot but I can't make any two-handed axes other than a Hoe. If I had to guess I'd say that the Bardiche probably should be able to but I wouldn't be suprised at this time if it was only the executioner axe that had this functionality.

Hmm need to test then. I didn't see the point of 2H as I was checking out the Smith.
Can make a 1H executioner sword with 135 length and a 2H version with little more damage but only around 140 length.... Thought made more sense to grab the 1H with a shield

It seems like all weapons can hit multiple people but they either need a lot of weight or force behind them. Sometimes I get multiple hits from horseback with spears or lances.

OK, I may try to work my smithing up and make a 2H sword with super heavy weight and length. I'll try it but I'm still skeptical, because I already tested with all the available 2H swords through the cheat inventory menu, and none of them landed a single multi-strike (even the heavy, non-hybrid, pure 2H ones)

I just tested the Thamaskene Steel Two Hander and the Southern Broad Kaskara. Both 2H swords didn't land a single multi-hit on looters. I even softened up some of the looters with 1H strikes and still nada.

The Northern Decorated Two Handed Axe landed some multi hits immediately though. It has less length than the 2H Kaskara and less weight than the 2H Thamaskene.

So I'm going to say that 2H swords can't multi-hit, because I tried some of the biggest ones out there. I think it's an axe only thing, at least as far as 2H weapons go.

(Tests conducted going pretty fast on horseback)

2H swords can multi hit but you have to have huge speed with mount.
I think this is because of the weight distribution of the weapon where the axe his heavy at the end while most blades are heavy at the handle.

Can't imagine a normal person managing to hit multiple people with a sword, even a large one. A large axe, more likely, considering there's been recorded incidents of Dane axes cleaving through rider and mount in history.

Axes are like hammers in that the weight is at the far end of the stick and so have much more momentum to their swings than swords where the center of balance is most often close to the base. I believe the falchion is an attempt at a sword with more weight at the end for better armor penetration but it's still never going to be as unevenly distributed as an axe.

falchion was an anti peasant light armor weapon designed for cutting with very thin blade. It was very light despite its big appearance.

there dont seem to be anything going in the 'polearm' type of greatswords like 'sword of war' in warband. Flame-bladed flamberg or normal greatsword is also a thing 200-300 years later. (ca. 1400-1550) with total length exceeding 2m even. (1 in a museum wielded by a highly renowned user was 6.6 kg, 213 cm length and he is said to have beheaded multiple in one strike)

Can't imagine a normal person managing to hit multiple people with a sword, even a large one. A large axe, more likely, considering there's been recorded incidents of Dane axes cleaving through rider and mount in history.

Stories. Won't happen.
You weapon looses FAR too much speed. Every single modern attempt to "cleave" with big swords, axes and katanas has failed.

Stories. Won't happen.
You weapon looses FAR too much speed. Every single modern attempt to "cleave" with big swords, axes and katanas has failed.
do you know that there are some naturally stronger people who dont have to look big, but are actually ... strong ? Honestly I dont know what causes this, but you actually need both an actually strong person, not necessarily very muscular or fat, and then skilled enough to use their whole body to build momentum. There have been recorded cuts from battlefield mass graves with for example both legs in their thickest being cut off with one blow. The victims bones were not broken, but cleanly cut.

With sufficient strenght, good technique, the bigger, heavier the weapon that you can wield effortlessly means that you are a force multiplier, not just an add-on for numbers. I do have family member that is exceptionally strong. One thing youll notice is big palms, hands, that might be twice as big as otherwise normal, but unless you see it in action, you will hardly believe. Such a person even at 60+ years will put to shame otherwise bigger, always working people in their 30-40s who are bigger in stature as well. If you want to make use of that potential, you make things specific for them. This is not your general population. What you would need is make things for them to withstand them. It really does take physical exercising, but if you dont have some seemingly born characteristics, you wont cut it.

Mind you that most martial arts enthusiasts really cant be described as this type of strong. Obese people do not have this kind of strength either.

In history you generally had few renowned warriors and I would bet much of it is related to this 'phenomenon'. Not skinny athletic type but neither fat.

Back
Top Bottom