Onin no Ran 0.6.6 for M&B 1.01x

Users who are viewing this thread

Getting some nasty crashing issues. Mainly when I alt tab which is pretty frequent for me. Running Windows 7 if that helps any.

Yep, it's starting to become unplayable. Most of the items and menus glitch out graphically, a lot of the menus are broken, and I crash at just about every turn.

For everyone having graphical issues/glitchy-ness, please switch to DX7 mode and try again. There may be an issue with the DX9 shaders causing all this, but I need some confirmation. I don't ever run in DX9 mode because DX7 is faster, so I don't see a lot of these problems.

€hr¡s said:
I'll give Dx7 a try then. I don't understand how it wouldn't work with Dx9 though.

We worked with mtarini over at MBX (don't know if he posts here) to write a custom shader for us that only works in DX9. Somehow its related to what's going on.

Fujiwara said:
€hr¡s said:
I'll give Dx7 a try then. I don't understand how it wouldn't work with Dx9 though.

We worked with mtarini over at MBX (don't know if he posts here) to write a custom shader for us that only works in DX9. Somehow its related to what's going on.

Damn i don't recall lords have  22k+ men in (.808 or was it something later? sorry don't remember previous version since you gave us the  1.1 port =)) did they?

Wu-long said:
Damn i don't recall lords have  22k+ men in (.808 or was it something later? sorry don't remember previous version since you gave us the  1.1 port =)) did they?

Are you referring to the Hosokawa/Yamana armies? If so, yes, they did have that many men.

TIDM2 said:
Now, I proved myself to the Hosokawa leader, and became a vassal guy, and went to see my commander. The commander said, "Your rank is now at "NO STRING!" and you get 0 mon a month, good job!" Then it froze and I had to force quit the thing.

Just wondering if you saw this...

Could anyone who has already played this mod describe its economic system in bullet points? The FAQ states that it's rather unique, and as far as I understood, it (or even a similar one) was never used in any other mod.

Its description is quite short in the official thread (or maybe I just missed an appropriate discussion :???: - please post a link if the last one is true). I'm not a fan of Japanese history (please do not take it as an offense - just don't have enough time to dive into it :neutral:) and just want to investigate an economic model of the mod, that may be very time consuming task.

Or just state that there is really nothing special about it :cry:

Thanks!

Well for one thing the prices for things are more realistic; for example anything metal, you will have to be prepared to fork over millions of "mon". And they have a supply and demand system too (unless I'm getting that mixed up with something else)

QuailLover said:
And they have a supply and demand system too (unless I'm getting that mixed up with something else)

That's what I'm curious about  :wink:. To be more precise:

1) Did they change the whole economic engine?

2) What is a role of guilds? They are engine elements (i.e. have impact on supply and demand), or just a set of restrictions on player's trade only?

3) And why FAQ tells about significant role of farmers' parties? Their role has significantly changed in comparison to Native? I can't make such conclusion  based on FAQ description. But it makes emphasis on its uniqueness, which I can't define.

4) Who are these peddlers? What impact they have over economy model?

5) Demand and supply changes may be caused by social conditions and seosonal variations?! Is that true?

6) What is a role of taxmen? Player or lord can't receive taxes from its state without these professionals?

All listed above seems to be absolutely different to Native's system described here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,85500.msg2204416.html#msg2204416. But anyway I'm not sure it is really so in practice. Maybe it is highly bugged? :???:

The Revolution is my Name said:
That's what I'm curious about  :wink: . To be more precise:

1) Did they change the whole economic engine?

Yes

2) What is a role of guilds? They are engine elements (i.e. have impact on supply and demand), or just a set of restrictions on player's trade only?

Both; furthermore, if the player chooses to play as a merchant, he has the opportunity to join one of the guilds and have a direct impact on their operations

3) And why FAQ tells about significant role of farmers' parties? Their role has significantly changed in comparison to Native? I can't make such conclusion  based on FAQ description. But it makes emphasis on its uniqueness, which I can't define.

Farmers' parties carry their agricultural product (rice) to other towns. If the party is prevented from reaching town, the town gets no rice. Starvation can set in, causing unrest (very historically accurate)

4) Who are these peddlers? What impact they have over economy model?

There are two kinds: essentially traveling merchants like in towns from whom you can buy stuff, and peddlers that carry industrial raw materials and finished goods between towns. Interrupting these supply chains will negatively impact town growth and morale

5) Demand and supply changes may be caused by social conditions and seosonal variations?! Is that true?

Yes; different crops grow in different seasons, and different raw materials appear at different times of the year. Also, at the beginning of the game, the Onin War was limited to battles in and around Kyoto, but as time progresses, more areas will become involved.

6) What is a role of taxmen? Player or lord can't receive taxes from its state without these professionals?

Taxmen collect taxes from towns and return them to the provincial governors. This tax money is turned into 'points' which are used to raise patrols and armies. Interfering with this loop prevents factions from fielding men.

All listed above seems to be absolutely different to Native's system described here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,85500.msg2204416.html#msg2204416. But anyway I'm not sure it is really so in practice.

It is.
Maybe it is highly bugged? :???:

That's an understatement...about 60% of the above isn't even implemented yet. When I envisioned the basic supply and demand model, with goods physically (game-wise, via moving parties) moving between production centers, I did not anticipate all the problems I would encounter. It's been fun to say the least.

TIDM2 said:
TIDM2 said:
Now, I proved myself to the Hosokawa leader, and became a vassal guy, and went to see my commander. The commander said, "Your rank is now at "NO STRING!" and you get 0 mon a month, good job!" Then it froze and I had to force quit the thing.

apparently you're being ignored... so i'll bump this

It is a great mod....but....there's always some "but"...
Why everytime I tried to fight with some patrol ...they ask...who are you? I and I said...My name is X...and then CRASH!
It's also happens when I tried to loot and plunder some village...the farmers armed againts me...but..CRASH!!

So..thanks for the mod...and keep the genius work!!

Asianboywonder said:
TIDM2 said:
TIDM2 said:

apparently you're being ignored... so i'll bump this

not being ignored. I'm currently working on the bug

Betoxico said:
It is a great mod....but....there's always some "but"...
Why everytime I tried to fight with some patrol ...they ask...who are you? I and I said...My name is X...and then CRASH!
It's also happens when I tried to loot and plunder some village...the farmers armed againts me...but..CRASH!!

So..thanks for the mod...and keep the genius work!!

Crash as in crash to desktop or crash as in spontaneous reboot or crash as in dialog freeze? Loot and plunder is known to be buggy, as are some dialogs. Which patrol?

Back
Top Bottom