Onin no Ran 0.6.5 for M&B .90x

Users who are viewing this thread

Fujiwara

Sergeant at Arms
Onin no Ran 0.6.5 for M&B .903 is now available!

Get it here:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=499

Chock full of Feudal Japan goodness!!!

Umm ill be the first one to say...what is Onin No Ran? The Download link is mainly a download link only saying new towns new troops and "Japanese Coolness" is there a thread for this somewhere with some actual info?

Go to the MBX forum for more info on OnR.

OnR is a total conversion of M&B and it has the most realistic combat of all the mods, and native. (it takes one hit to kill you...and them).

Nice work Fujiwara, many thanks. :smile:

Lokai said:
Umm ill be the first one to say...what is Onin No Ran? The Download link is mainly a download link only saying new towns new troops and "Japanese Coolness" is there a thread for this somewhere with some actual info?

Try it out, it's one of my favourite total conversion mods for M&B.

Many thanks guys!

The plan is not to port until 1.0 comes out. There's a lot new going on with the 960 module system, and i haven't had time to digest it yet

EDIT: WOOT! I got promoted to Sergeant Knight!

Great work, as far as I can see!

Back in the old days of 0.751 it was because of Oni no Ran I bought M&B, and it seems that this new version of OnR brings me back to play this game again after a longer time of abstinece.

I think it would help to post some screenies of the new stuff; didn't find anything here or at MBX. Maybe I'll do that during the next days.

Also I discovered some minor bugs that I'll report at MBX.

von Schweinewitz said:
Back in the old days of 0.751 it was because of Oni no Ran I bought M&B, and it seems that this new version of OnR brings me back to play this game again after a longer time of abstinece.

I have to wonder how many others bought M&B because of the mods...Armagan is getting free advertising, that's for sure :grin:

Maybe i done something wrong but ,, Its so empty ,, I cant find army's,, and when i find them i cant attack them ,, and i cant besiege town...

Piggy_Stinky said:
Maybe i done something wrong but ,, Its so empty ,, I cant find army's,, and when i find them i cant attack them ,, and i cant besiege town...

It's because the mod is based on older versions of M&B and in those versions you couldn't attack villages or besiege towns, and factions were much more static than they are now (i.e. no lords going about pillaging and besieging towns).

And Onin No Ran isn't the only mod that uses Ron Losey's RCM. There's also Mesoamerican Mod, The Last Days, Pirates of Calradia, A Song of Ice and Fire and Raz's upcoming Holy War mod.

Is there anything I've forgotten? Anyway, it's a very gritty, in-your-face and unforgiving combat system, much like the one who came up with the ideas for it.

I can only hope that more mods will implement this system.

this is a great mod thxxxxxxxxxx

EDIT: :sad: it doesnt work cant start the bat always get the message cannot find:sad:

You'll have to move the mb.fx file from the mod folder to the root M&B folder by hand. Apparently, the BAT file I wrote doesn't work...grrr

Glad you like the mod though :smile:

Villages can be raided. A lot of the post .903 Native features, and so much more, will be implemented as we get closer to a 1.0 release.

Just red the tales of the otori book, wich is a triologi based in a Japanese universe. Can't wait to play this mod :wink: Btw, name, Takeo or Shigeru xD

I just started playing this mod and it's my favorite so far.

I can't wait for 1.0 to come out - this mod has so much potential for new features!  :grin:

Fantastic work!!!  :mrgreen:

RCM is abbreviation of "realistic combat model". It makes horses faster and more manouverable, and in battle, you and the enemy might get killed by one shot more easily. That's what I know about it :razz: MAybe you can get more info from the MBX forums.

Back
Top Bottom