Ongoing War challenges in Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Dev Team, thank you! I'm loving the game. I have taken several towns and castles, but rarely have time to enjoy them. I decimate my opponent AI armies and before I get to rest and repair or enjoy the spoils of war, they already have a huge army to take over in retribution. I get their vindictiveness, but if I decimate them, wouldn't they want to pick on someone else? A general like Monchug with an army of 1200 returns after somehow escaping my dungeon within less than a week.

Can you put a reasonable time limit or something on the 'ZERG' ???

*sidenote about my play style*
I'm not a great player, definitely still struggle with combat except for archery. I currently use as my calvary killer a 2 handed pole arm that I create with a falx blade and hickory shaft; its a 176 swing cut, I ride around and take off the heads of the opponent cavalry. Yes, I understand its not realistic but its fun; I love chasing the Empire generals in battle and taking them out this way: it would be nice if a super crit killed them in battle instead of execution and then no penatly for getting rid of a general that constantly raids my villages, even though they should be afraid of my dominance in battle.

When this game was first released npc lords had to follow the same rules (roughly) as the player which caused a kingdom to get taken over very quickly after losing a big battle or two
Rather than implementing a war exhaustion or some such mechanic (make peace for a while after taking a castle or two) they decided to give us... what we have now.

Replacements system is working properly now, so clans are now able to lead armies with different members if some of them get captured. On the other hand, snowballing is still an issue so not sure if It is the best moment to Increase prision time for AI lords.

It's a little better in 1.4.3, I see them walking around with small parties for longer time before they army up again. They also stay in prison longer overall.
I think there should be threshold where after enough losses the enemy sends you a message offering peace and it lasts for two seasons or so and no vassals can propose war with them. Also the AI should leave you alone or be very unlikely to declare war on you if you're not on it's border or took a fief from them.

And I gotta state it's really just that after becoming a Kingdom you can't do anything else in the game but fight constantly. It's not hard to wipe out the AI armies but it's just takes away player agency to have vassals proposing war constantly and not helping with anything while you do everything.

It's a little better in 1.4.3, I see them walking around with small parties for longer time before they army up again. They also stay in prison longer overall.
I think there should be threshold where after enough losses the enemy sends you a message offering peace and it lasts for two seasons or so and no vassals can propose war with them. Also the AI should leave you alone or be very unlikely to declare war on you if you're not on it's border or took a fief from them.

And I gotta state it's really just that after becoming a Kingdom you can't do anything else in the game but fight constantly. It's not hard to wipe out the AI armies but it's just takes away player agency to have vassals proposing war constantly and not helping with anything while you do everything.

i'm actually a tier 6 vassal of Vlandia, I currently hold 4 towns and 3 castles. Prison time has been hit an miss. The empire seems to stay in there longer, but the khuzaits and sturgians get out so fast and mostly escape. I took Lochansa, built it up then Balgard, Tavok, Vanopoval, Tyal, then Ursikala, then Amprela... I have been voted out on the other castles i take and then their lords don't do much with them and its hard to run around defending. Sibir goes in and out of control and they never vote me in that place. I enjoy the challenge of Khuzait as they attack in the way I enjoy; heavy horse and hit and run style. I'm currently enjoying rushing the line, taking out a general in the beginning. It'd be nice if my prisoners chose to defect due to my war style. When you take out a general in the first minute of combat, youd think they would scatter and run especially non natives to the general.

I agree that the armies seem to be a little less. I wish i could tell my heroes to strictly patrol my settlements and give them money to recruit troops. I'm a master smith, so i never have to worry about money. Yes! after defeating all or almost all generals of a faction, you'd think they'd want some peace. I must not be too good at the game as I'm struggling on reducing the empire. On my first run thrus it was easier as I executed generals after so many attacks. My relation to my own faction was horrible and i couldn't get married, so this time no executions. thanks for responding! af

Replacements system is working properly now, so clans are now able to lead armies with different members if some of them get captured. On the other hand, snowballing is still an issue so not sure if It is the best moment to Increase prision time for AI lords.
Snowballing or an avalanche occurs for sure, how does prison time effect? Should i make them prisoners in an opposing faction castle that i am not at war with?

It seems wonky to me. If you defeat a lord at the beginning of a siege that lord shouldn't have time to raise another army, return, and fight you again before the end of the siege.

That would be possible if sieges took longer than three or four days but they dont.

Old Bull, its not that fast, but today I defeated a general and in less than a day he was back raiding my village while another general's army tried besieging the castle. The other general had been a prisoner, but somehow escaped. Maybe I should get some better or clearer defined explanations. As a player it is my least favorite aspect of the game, while I enjoy mild challenges, this just creates frustration. I'd like to have the war somewhat slowed down and to also have factions votes for where to attack. Like having Derthert say, let's focus on this front. It's tough taking castles then having another lord get the castle and then having the faction that lost it, take it back within a day and also after having an army of 1k get defeated, I just don't know where they get the troops so quickly as it takes my prisoners a long time to convert. A tier 6 general should have way faster prisoner conversion and a month in the dungeon, you'd think the imprisoned troops would go nuts to get paid to be in the army.

Back
Top Bottom