One or Two Handed Mounted?

Do you use a one-handed weapon while mounted, or a two handed?

• One-handed

Votes: 62 46.3%
  • Two-handed

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • Both, depending on circumstances

Votes: 39 29.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

DrZaius

Squire
Despite the penalty, do you use a 2-handed weapon while mounted for the extra reach? I'm considering giving it a shot, as a result of getting higher proficiency in a weapon I'll find myself using in sieges more often.

EDIT: Lots of views, not a lot of votes! Tell me what you think, I'm curious.

DrZaius said:
Despite the penalty, do you use a 2-handed weapon while mounted for the extra reach? I'm considering giving it a shot, as a result of getting higher proficiency in a weapon I'll find myself using in sieges more often.
I don't use it,because you have to remove your shield and that makes you easy target for enemy archers/crossbowmen!Concerning sieges,2-handed weapon is necessity in my opinion!

I've used both a one- and a two-handed weapon on horseback with good results (i.e. lots of dead people).  It's a bit safer I'd say with a two-hander because of the greater reach.  Sword of War is an awesome weapon, both for sieges and on horse.

The trade off is that you can't swing as frequently as with for example a Long Arming Sword (that I'm currently using).

There is a one-handed weapon with a reach that almost compares with two-handers, Heavy Spiked Staff.

I never missed having a shield when I was using the Sword of War, except when faced with a firing squad in the courtyard (in sieges).  But there were plenty of shields lying all around me that I could pick up if I needed it.  I should mention I was wearing plate armor and had 21 strength, and some points in Ironflesh.

Edit:  I forgot I had player damage reduced to 1/2 :S.  I actually just realized I've never changed that since I first started playing!  I changed it to normal just now.  I don't know if my advice is worth that much anymore.

heavy great long axe can instakill a horse/shield/heavy armored swadian knight with one hit while riding full speed on a charger. I realy love it

wannyboy said:
heavy great long axe can instakill a horse/shield/heavy armored swadian knight with one hit while riding full speed on a charger. I realy love it

That weapon is good, I just hate having to remember to hit x.

I like the bastard sword personally for versatility.

One!
I prefer 1 handed axe.. And heavy bastard sword if i use 2 handed :razz: So that i have the chance to use shield too.

Heavy Balanced Bastard Sword is a great weapon to give you the option to use the shield or not, based on how many projectiles are being lobbed at you.

I use a Balanced Long Awl Pike, a Heavy Morning Star, a Reinforced Huscarl Shield (primary), and a Reinforced Metal Shield as a backup while mounted.

I prefer a one-hander because it looks less ridiculous and suicidal and because it's of greater use in a close combat where you're getting mobbed; which isn't an unusual occurence if you use a lance.

I'd really like it if instead of using two-handed weapons in one hand in a way that's impossible and with a silly penalty that instead a two-handed weapon is used two-handed on horse as well as on foot.

I had a spell where I had full plate with a lordly closed helm and a charger using a great sword - it was good times

I just put the two hand penalty out of my mind and started waterwheel ing - it's a bloody big sword and chops lovely and I don't need to change weapons when I get to a seige - I do acknowledge that the same can be said of the hgl axe and I suppose that is why it remains my defacto weapon on the ground or mounted and delivers some of the highest damage of any weapon.

Bastard sword. It's strong. I prefer blunt weapons like morning stars and others, then you have prisoners and you sell them!

Captured Joe said:
One-handed, no shield.
Because it looks better.
Preferably a Sword or Morningstar.

Isn't a morning star with no shield two handed skill even though the animation is one handed? (Just like bastard sword with no shield)

Voranth said:
Captured Joe said:
One-handed, no shield.
Because it looks better.
Preferably a Sword or Morningstar.

Isn't a morning star with no shield two handed skill even though the animation is one handed? (Just like bastard sword with no shield)
If you're using a morningstar with no shield on horseback it should count for two-handed. Same applies to all one/two handed weapons. Having a one/two handed weapon with no shield always counts as two-handed.

Either a good long saber or a long arming sword. Depends on the faction I'm playing, but both balanced. I'd also use a shield and ride the sturdiest horse of that particular faction, as this kind of gear is oriented to deal with infantry, mainly.

But if I'm building an anti-cavalry character then the choice is irrelevant, as I'll be using just a lance and a fast horse for all purposes.

Back
Top Bottom