One of the most important aspects of Medieval life is missing in Mount and Blade: RELIGION

Users who are viewing this thread

How about not creating real religions.
Battania doesn't exist, same for Vlandia, it makes little sense to bring Christianity or any well known religion in that world, and it would ease a lot of political issues in the process.

Once again I suggest taking a look at Viking Conquest. Allthough not really fleshed out (in typical TW manner...) it was an important feature in the game, gave a lot more debth to it and some fun new activities like pillaging monasteries and enslaving monks :smile: There are way more important things for TW to take care of right now, but it would be a big waste of potential to not include religion into Bannerlord too.

Yeah but Viking Conquest started as an historically accurate mod, I see where you're going here but I believe that's not the actual scope of Bannerlord.
There are way more important things for TW to take care of right now, but it would be a big waste of potential to not include religion into Bannerlord too.

Agreed.

Yeah but Viking Conquest started as an historically accurate mod, I see where you're going here but I believe that's not the actual scope of Bannerlord.

Agreed.

There are many parts in Viking Conquest that people wish for Bannerlord, there is no reason not to compare it and transfere good features over. That doesen't really have anything to do with the scope of those games, other than featuring religions would broaden the scope Bannerlord.

I don’t think there’s a pragmatist here who expects TW to implement any of this - it’s more for “we are on the record to voice our displeasure with the barebones level of world dynamics”

at best we get another dlc that again attempts to flesh out a better more interesting world like VC. Not sure people will spend $$ towards TW at that point tho..

viking conquest dont include islam; if tw introduce an islam-like religion; it will take a week at most that armagan got arrested. you are talking about Turkey.

**if tw was eu based company, there wont be a thread like that, surely it would have religions.

viking conquest dont include islam; if tw introduce an islam-like religion; it will take a week at most that armagan got arrested. you are talking about Turkey.

**if tw was eu based company, there wont be a thread like that, surely it would have religions.
AHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Have you ever been in Turkey? And no you can't promote or demote any religion according to TCK 216 but you can say that thats only de-facto law which is an another story.

And about this topic; Religion would be the last thing that we should concern -yes it takes a huge part for a medieval sim- but there is already tons of missing content that could easily overshadow religion, such as;opt issues,hitboxes,game desing(both for siege and terrain system),AI, proper diplomacy,sea battles, kingdom management tools etc.

Im saying this because we already had those in previous games but we dont have any of those in Bannerlord, even AI is worse than first MountN Blade.

Are owners of total war featuring Islam and the crusades arrested there - is the game even banned? I don’t believe this at all seems to be a western fallacy overreacting to Turkish regulation
I’m sure if a game intentionally denigrated Islam or the prophets - yeah there would be problems but historical warfare in games that feature religious aspects I doubt is even on their radar

Yeah and to me it would be quite foolish to recreate an Islam-like or any kind of well known religion in our world, while they could just build any mythology on top of their already fantasy world. Sects could do the trick aswell.
This is a non-problem really.
According to this data-miner, this was already a thing in the game :

Chosen of the Sky, a Khuzait religious sect

There are many parts in Viking Conquest that people wish for Bannerlord, there is no reason not to compare it and transfere good features over. That doesen't really have anything to do with the scope of those games, other than featuring religions would broaden the scope Bannerlord.

I was mainly talking about the "historically accurate" scope of that mod, I agree with you feature-wise we should compare it to Bannerlord.
Lore-wise however, it's another story.

This has been an issue since the original Mount and Blade. I do not know why Taleworlds isn't introducing Religion by any shape or form into the game, considering it is essential in making an authentic medieval simulator which it tries to be.
Because it's a touchy subject, especially because Turkey (where Developers are based) has had more then a few conflicts as a result of being a predominantly Muslim country.

Calradia has a sufficient level of "religion" with its concept of Heaven/Hell and Ancestry. Doesn't need anything more then that since it wouldn't serve gameplay in meaningful way.

Creating actual faux religions is just gonna eat up too much time and convince people Calradia should be Europe. (It's a fictional world based loosely off history.) Devs need to focus on getting actual dialogue working if you ask me before expanding the world. Frankly I just assume each Culture has their own practices hence why they don't mesh.

There probably should be Temples/Shrines for each culture as a subtle kind of subtext, but then they need to add more art assets, and redesign all the Town/Village scenes. Sorry it's just not worth it. Calradia may be a little odd being so "agnostic", but that doesn't bother me since I can use my imagination there. TaleWorlds will be much better off just simply fleshing out existing Characters/Kingdoms.

Making the Battanians worship their Lucky Charms Cereal isn't going to mean anything, especially when so many Clans just have random NPCs anyways. They need to add more "story" to the Clans/Characters so that they have some motivations. But at this point even hoping for that is a stretch.

@MadVader I love that you put MostBlunted's last words in your messages. I thought about it too, and it tickles my funny bone so much. "Hey thanks for not banning me btw". "Oh yea thanks for reminding us - *banned*". It's the little things in life that make life worth living.

@MadVader I love that you put MostBlunted's last words in your messages. I thought about it too, and it tickles my funny bone so much. "Hey thanks for not banning me btw". "Oh yea thanks for reminding us - *banned*". It's the little things in life that make life worth living.
It's a suitable homage to our departed friend, I hope he likes it too.

I agree.

If the issue is that people feel uncomfortable with real religions, there is no need to put them in. Calradia is not set in our world, so it could just get created religions for each major area.

We are living in a Woke world, some people want to forget that there was religion and religion wars, that we fight against Islam in Europe, many times.
But it's funny that people who think the game lacks content, realism and immersion, also do not want religion.
I just hope to see it in some mod,good post.
You do realise that this game is developed by Islam people?

You do realise that this game is developed by Islam people?
... and Islamic people fought against crusades in the holy land, that's the point, those wars exist no matter people try to branch it, and could be in the game. At least was a reason to enter in war, not randomly like the actual ones. Battanian declared war against Sturgia. Why? Just because.

... and Islamic people fought against crusades in the holy land, that's the point, those wars exist no matter people try to branch it, and could be in the game. At least was a reason to enter in war, not randomly like the actual ones. Battanian declared war against Sturgia. Why? Just because.
I have nothing against religion in the game. I just thought it was kind of funny you brought up the word 'we' so naturally in your orignial post.

Yes, I would really like it if they added some reasons beyond just pure conquest too. Those sorts of details should not be reserved for modders to fix.

Battanian declared war against Sturgia. Why? Just because.
The same reason as hundreds of wars: greed for new territory, minor local disputes turning into full-on war, general xenophobia, retaking lost territory, declaring war to curb the power of a rising faction in fear that they may attack you if they get too powerful, etc.

Also some people just like war. That was one of the major justifications for WW1. "It'll be good for the economy!" There are heaps of non-religion reasons for war in real life.

In a Bannerlord context, there are some (very simple) non-random reasons for Battania going to war with Sturgia in the background calculations- they're just poorly communicated to the player, I agree. It needs to be more like Warband, where the game clearly told you things like: "Peasants of Kingdom of Vaegirs are complaining of mistreatment, and petition to King Ragnar for protection. This will make it easier for King Ragnar to go to war, if he wants it..." and it was made obvious that wars were declared to reclaim territory, curb rising factions, to avenge an attack on a caravan, etc.

Back
Top Bottom