Need More Info One of my campaign saves gone vanished(guess it overwritten by the following one) as I created a new campaign and saved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
As stated in the title, I had 2 campaign saves named differently and separately as campaign 1 and campaign 2, which I made sure they were separated. After a few hours I played my second campaign and I wanted to load the first one, I found the first one had gone vanished (campaign 1 column was gone, only campaign 2 column did exist). They were separated in the first place but I just want to know how on earth (despite not sure) the second campaign save could possibly overwrite the other one. If that were the case, why would you even make separations at all for each save file?

How to Reproduce:

Have you used cheats and if so which: cheat mode was on because I used CTRL + MOUSE L BUTTON to move freely on the map
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: Lastest
CPU: Intel Core [email protected]
RAM: 20GB
Motherboard: MS-7C89
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Double check your save game folder to see if it was really deleted. It's possible that there's a bug that's making the game unable to show that save. If yes, I'd rename the save.
C:\Users\%userprofile%\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

Double check your save game folder to see if it was really deleted. It's possible that there's a bug that's making the game unable to show that save. If yes, I'd rename the save.
C:\Users\%userprofile%\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
I already double checked the route you give but the saves are gone in the game saves folder.
checked my steam cloud data but the existing ones are gone for whatever reason it is. Surprised that the game did not even inform me that I would overwrite the existing ones; it did auto-save and no saves are left.

Last edited:
Hey, our team could not reproduce the issue. Is there any chance you overwrote it by mistake or did not notice when it got overwritten. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Same thing happened to me.

I played one sandbox for a while. Then started another one. 5 files were created: saveavto1, saveavto2, saveavto3, save032 and save033.

I played second campaign for a couple of hours. Then I decided to go back to my old campaign and was surprised to see that it has disappeared. It may be that the new save has overwritten the old one due to the fact they have identical names. I'm not sure though.

Nevertheless, it was a great campaign, the best I achieved so far. My character was around 40 years old, I had my own kingdom and was not far away from achieving the wold conquest 🥲

Hey, are you still experiencing this issue on the latest live version? If the issue is persistent please let me know.

Hey, are you still experiencing this issue on the latest live version? If the issue is persistent please let me know.
Same issue here. Made sure campaign 1 was saved. Started campaign 2, now all my campaign 1 saves are gone except for one from approx 20 hours of gameplay earlier? Steam cloud up to date and all good. Can you only have 1 campaign? Did my CP2 saves overwrite the 1's? I'm devastated right now

Same issue. The game is limited to 3 saves, then it just starts overwriting old saves, even on other campaigns. Played the game for 16 h before I wanted to create a new character and try a different play style, just to realize "What happened to my 16 h first character?" Oh, I'm only allowed 3 saves? For 50€? Nope, I want my money back. Oops, sorry. You played for more than 2 h. You can't.

What a beautiful time window to trick people to buy your 50€ game before they realize, you can't even save.

Hey, i have informed the devs about the issue is persistent. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

I agree. The campaign save format is broken. You should be able to save campaigns with no worry. I have lost my campaign that I have been playing for over a month. I will not be playing this game ever again.

Yeah this is ridiculous. Why would the auto save for a different campaign overwrite my other campaign saves? I have two campaigns which I were very far in that are now messed up. I don’t understand because I still have the campaign it’s just a really old load which makes no sense. This is on Xbox series S fix your game.

still happening. Can be avoided by renaming your good saves to something other than autosave x. Issue is the autosave will rename your saves when it... autosaves.

Back
Top Bottom