One mod that I dearly wish can become a feature (Buying patrols)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've only recently started playing with mods for Bannerlord and now I can't play without them. Mods truly fill the gap of what is missing in vanilla Bannerlord. I pray that hopefully they come to be ingame features. This is purely a gameplay changing mod that makes the world of Calradia fill more robust and alive.

Buying Patrols
It blows my mind why in a world of kingdoms of warlords and warbands, that when you go on the warpath into the enemies territory. The only active enemies that you can fight in an honest battle are the lords. Which is kind of cool for the first few times, but after you've kicked their teeth in and imprisoned the same lord five times...the warpathing starts to feel like a broken record. Even if it wasn't the same lord and you managed to fight every lord of one kingdom. The feelings dulls, you fought all their hot shots and there's nothing really new and most times you'll just see them soon but scrambling around with a quick militia of recruits, and we all now how that goes down.

What buying patrols adds is active small war parties for you and the AI to make campaign regions actual hard zones. Too easy was it too wade deep and throughout an enemy's kingdom, knowing your the biggest dog there because the AI parties are all stupidly wandering around or just not present anywhere. Patrols but a dampener to such actions because even tho they may not be as formidable as a large lord's party. Being surrounded by patrols, can easily turn your 100 man raiding party against their measly 30 man patrols into, your 100 man army vs three 30 man patrols. Incursions into the enemies territories now require a heightened degree of strategy. Because sure you may be able to wade in and kill some enemy parties or capture a lord, but if you plan poorly, your recently fought army may get ganked by patrols. The biggest take away is that, not all fighting engagements (besides killing farmers), need to be between lords. Patrols cost money to hire, and most wars where just heavy skirmishes, not always full blown total war. It'll help curve the snowballing too by keeping lords that want to raid villages on the defense when in a bad pinch.

A secondary idea to buying patrols, would be if we could hire "patrols" but instead of them being home based. We could hire "raiding parties", pretty much the same idea as the original, but instead of assigning them to a controlled fief for protection. They could be assigned to hostile fiefs to harass the local area. This may sound like what we can already do with out parties and companions. But i find that process to burdensome. it's so involving because you have to initial outfit your companions party, and if they happen to fail in battle (which they will all the time) it's a hassle to pick up the pieces. "Buying patrols/raiding parties" should be quick and easy, select the size of the party and off they go to protect or terrorize. And if they fall in battle, nothing lose but some startup cost.

I agree it really needs to be in the base game. I mean even Warband had this. The only mod I consider essential is skip dialogue. It saves me so much frustration and time. I mean seriously why would I ever want to chit chat with a bunch of looters?

I agree it really needs to be in the base game. I mean even Warband had this. The only mod I consider essential is skip dialogue. It saves me so much frustration and time. I mean seriously why would I ever want to chit chat with a bunch of looters?
Thats a great one too. The game shouldn't have you go back and forth so much. It should let us handle all of the campaign map business on the campaign map, and if we choose to "talk", give us the option. I hope I don't sound too naggy, but it is such a waste of game time and PC power to jump back from scene to scene to just literally say, yes I'm doing what I wanted to do.

Its like those prompts like, "click here to confirm what you wanted to confirm when confirming the action you wanted to confirm"

Yes I'm going to kill all those guys. Slashing first, talking later.

I've only recently started playing with mods for Bannerlord and now I can't play without them. Mods truly fill the gap of what is missing in vanilla Bannerlord. I pray that hopefully they come to be ingame features. This is purely a gameplay changing mod that makes the world of Calradia fill more robust and alive.

Buying Patrols
It blows my mind why in a world of kingdoms of warlords and warbands, that when you go on the warpath into the enemies territory. The only active enemies that you can fight in an honest battle are the lords. Which is kind of cool for the first few times, but after you've kicked their teeth in and imprisoned the same lord five times...the warpathing starts to feel like a broken record. Even if it wasn't the same lord and you managed to fight every lord of one kingdom. The feelings dulls, you fought all their hot shots and there's nothing really new and most times you'll just see them soon but scrambling around with a quick militia of recruits, and we all now how that goes down.

What buying patrols adds is active small war parties for you and the AI to make campaign regions actual hard zones. Too easy was it too wade deep and throughout an enemy's kingdom, knowing your the biggest dog there because the AI parties are all stupidly wandering around or just not present anywhere. Patrols but a dampener to such actions because even tho they may not be as formidable as a large lord's party. Being surrounded by patrols, can easily turn your 100 man raiding party against their measly 30 man patrols into, your 100 man army vs three 30 man patrols. Incursions into the enemies territories now require a heightened degree of strategy. Because sure you may be able to wade in and kill some enemy parties or capture a lord, but if you plan poorly, your recently fought army may get ganked by patrols. The biggest take away is that, not all fighting engagements (besides killing farmers), need to be between lords. Patrols cost money to hire, and most wars where just heavy skirmishes, not always full blown total war. It'll help curve the snowballing too by keeping lords that want to raid villages on the defense when in a bad pinch.

A secondary idea to buying patrols, would be if we could hire "patrols" but instead of them being home based. We could hire "raiding parties", pretty much the same idea as the original, but instead of assigning them to a controlled fief for protection. They could be assigned to hostile fiefs to harass the local area. This may sound like what we can already do with out parties and companions. But i find that process to burdensome. it's so involving because you have to initial outfit your companions party, and if they happen to fail in battle (which they will all the time) it's a hassle to pick up the pieces. "Buying patrols/raiding parties" should be quick and easy, select the size of the party and off they go to protect or terrorize. And if they fall in battle, nothing lose but some startup cost.
+1

We need this. There's too many looters and bandits ruining the economy. And the fact that auto resolve still kills your elite troops makes hunting lootsers and bandits tedious and unfun

Back
Top Bottom