Resolved One Looter party taking on the world -- npc battle stuck with 100+ parties vs 1 Looter causes crash if approach

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9.266354
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-04-10_21.36.59_57bf1ebabf74af3607f71e528c066745

LtD

Recruit
Summary: There is an NPC battle going on with 1 party of Looters vs MANY other parties of various size. The battle appears to be stuck. If player approaches the area the game crashes. Looking for a way to clear up the battle between the NPC. I saw there used to be a console command to destroy_party, but I don't see that in the console now. Need to delete the Looter party preferably. See the image linked here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fB5b7WyFpArr7t652lqMgPlLC4rI38G-/view?usp=sharing
How to Reproduce: Unknown
Have you used cheats and if so which: No. Only trying to trouble shoot and end the NPC battle that has ruined my campaign.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 Super
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6192
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700 X
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: ASROCK B550 PRO 4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

ON which circumstances that you have used the cheat codes in this session? For example, did you try to destroy a party that was in a fight at that moment?
I only used cheats to try and fix it when I discovered it and reported it here. I discovered it when my game crashed in a certain area of the map, then I noticed the giant stack of parties that gotten themselves tangled up and stuck. 100% vanilla.

Question: was it a cross-version save, or did you only play that campaign on a single version of the game?

I ask because it sounds suspiciously similar to two bugs I've seen only on a cross-version campaign.

Hmm, so across hotfixes, but not versions proper. Not sure if that causes bugs. The ones I'm referring to occurred on 1.5.6, on a campaign started in 1.5.5. They didn't occur on a different campaign which was played from start to finish on 1.5.6.

Thanks for the update. When you say the bug is fixed -- do you mean prevented in future games or do you mean I can resume my current game with the error resolved?

Most of the time it is fixed for the future games. We can't debug a save file and fix issues on it as far as I am aware. IF your save file goes corrupt, we can't fix it. Saving the game on different slots etc will help on the long run.

Back
Top Bottom