One-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords, How about Double Handed Swords?

Users who are viewing this thread

In-game we've one-handed and two-handed swords/weapons but why we are not able to use two different one-handed swords at the same time? As I know this is historically acquired as well.

One-handed and two-handed weapons have their separated skill tree and perks. So, as far as I understand devs don't have any plans for this feature. I hope devs add this feature, skill tree, and perks. Btw, sadly I don't think they will...

But how about modding it? How hard is it to make a mod which ables players to use two different one-handed swords at the same time?

For improving the mod maybe some perks could be added to one-handed weapons skill.

Is it doable?

I would love to see this as well.
It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to me. I could be be dead wrong. But, you can hold a shield. You can bash with it. Seems like you should be able to hold a sword in that hand, too.
Could just make it where you have to have a one handed skill of a certain number to equip two.

I would also like to see some type of combo system and various special attack moves you could do depending on how high your combo was, or however you wanted to implement them.

Main problem with dual wielding would be its use.
In real life the main advantage of dual wielding is being able to perform two actions at the same time, e.g. attacking with both weapons or attacking while parrying.
In a game like M&B, where the combat is action oriented, it's very difficult to make it enjoyable and balanced both for the user and the enemies.

Playing it simple would make it just like sword + shield but without protection from arrows.

Adding abilities to attack in 2 directions at once would make it OP for sure, only shields would hold the dual wielder from spamming, for a limited amount of time.

That all being said, I would like to see this modded into some sort of high fantasy single player total conversion.

I don't think it makes it OP, unless that's how you implement it.

If you have a shield, you can guard & bash(maybe make it where dual wield suffers from bash & kick more)

Using a spear/poleaxe you should be able to keep your distance.

Each weapon hand shouldn't be doing as much damage as say a two handed sword. You would have to pull off 2 or 3 successful hits to amount to one attack from a two handed sword.

Also, you could make some other penalties. Like your armor weight would slow you down more, not allowing you to spam. Making you more squishy in battle, as you will not be able to wear heavy armor.

As long as you make some trade offs, I don't see any problems, it's been done in countless games.

Obviously, if it was that easy I would have already done it, tho

Tbh I don't think dual wield is gonna be OP. For example, think about firearms. Let's compare short distance weapons. You can use two-handed firearms like shotgun and weapon damage is different and more powerful than dual gun/pistol. But you can use a dual pistol and it won't be an OP. It's just a different style/strategy you want to play.

For M&B your dual weapons might be short like max 75 and damage 55. So it won't be OP unless you manage to use it very well to attack and defense yourself which is gonna be harder than just using a shield. I mostly equipped bow, arrow, one hand sword, and shield. And if we have an option to use dual weapons I'll prefer that rather than this combination. It might be useless for defending yourself from range attacks but for gameplay and roleplay perspective it'll be different and more entertaining -at least- for me. There will be advantages and disadvantages for sure. Like using one hand sword and shield or two-handed sword.

I don't remember the last 3 perks for one-handed weapons but dual wield can be added at least its logic. And right now being a master of onehanded sword doesn't change or give different gameplay options. That was my point. I'm not Syrio Forel to use a wooden sword to fight against fully armored guards. =)

PS: I just woke up but I'm not awake yet. So, I hope what I wrote makes sense. =)

Tbh I don't think dual wield is gonna be OP. For example, think about firearms. Let's compare short distance weapons. You can use two-handed firearms like shotgun and weapon damage is different and more powerful than dual gun/pistol. But you can use a dual pistol and it won't be an OP. It's just a different style/strategy you want to play.

For M&B your dual weapons might be short like max 75 and damage 55. So it won't be OP unless you manage to use it very well to attack and defense yourself which is gonna be harder than just using a shield. I mostly equipped bow, arrow, one hand sword, and shield. And if we have an option to use dual weapons I'll prefer that rather than this combination. It might be useless for defending yourself from range attacks but for gameplay and roleplay perspective it'll be different and more entertaining -at least- for me. There will be advantages and disadvantages for sure. Like using one hand sword and shield or two-handed sword.

I don't remember the last 3 perks for one-handed weapons but dual wield can be added at least its logic. And right now being a master of onehanded sword doesn't change or give different gameplay options. That was my point. I'm not Syrio Forel to use a wooden sword to fight against fully armored guards. =)

PS: I just woke up but I'm not awake yet. So, I hope what I wrote makes sense. =)

Agreed, I really don't know why they didn't implement them from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom