On Rebellions

Users who are viewing this thread

What happened it the last hotfix to cause rebellions to be almost non existent? There are still towns getting taken over like normal but I still haven't seen one since the hotfix

It took well over 400+ days but I finally got a couple rebellions in 1.5.9, so it's not busted, just not as fast.

Rovalt had been teasing it all game but kept recovering well, Husn fulk came on kind suddenly though, but I know from past games is usually a likely rebellion spot. I'm hoping Danascus will pop soon too, strugians have help epicracia for most of the game surprisingly.

tbf i prefer the chance of rebbelions being lower since every town that was conqured getting one seemed to extreme (and it would reset loyalty) so at times towns got stuck in a cycle of rebel get sieged rebel get sieged unless the orginal owners come and take it back

tbf i prefer the chance of rebbelions being lower since every town that was conqured getting one seemed to extreme (and it would reset loyalty) so at times towns got stuck in a cycle of rebel get sieged rebel get sieged unless the orginal owners come and take it back
Rebellion does reset loyalty to max. They defiantly don't all get rebellions and many are stable with alien rulers for a long long time.

My current playthrough on 1.5.9 is about 14 years in. There has been a total of 5 rebellions. Myzea, Onira, Danustca, Husn Fulq and Poros.

I own Myzea, Onira, Danustca, Husn Fulq. I couldn't get to Poros in time.

Onira and Husn Fulq changed hands probably dozens of times before they rebelled. Literally every time I looked they had changed hands. Their prosperity was down at about 1000 when I picked them up.

Onira especially at one point went to almost 0 loyalty and bounced back up to 40 but still wouldn't rebel. Finally when it did, I was in Vlandia and literally dropped 400 horses in one go to make it back before Monchug showed up.

I think the faction policies have a lot to do with chance to rebel. Khuzaits have grazing rights early on which gives them a loyalty buff. But in my current game they've debased their currency - after which half their conquests rebelled.

Just a useless or bad implemented feature, In a recent game the defeated rebel faction went to live with two parties in my castle, and they stayed there indefinitely, without any kind of interaction. I even wanted to invite them to be my vassals, but there was no chance, no diálog, nothing.

@SadShogun
If it says "High risk of rebellion" is that a 25% chance OR can is say "High risk of rebellion" but really the militia needs to build up higher before there is any chance?
All conditions should be satisfied, this includes militia as well. After all of the conditions are satisfied, a 25% chance to start a rebellion is checked daily.

@SadShogun I just had weird occurrence in 1.5.10, had a new rebellion pop up (Baltakhand) so I attacked 1st rebel party I saw, the leader died in combat, then the other 3 rebel NPC died immediately after the battle and the town instantly went to the Khuzaits, who were not the previous owners of the town.
I think I saw the problem of the clan dying out when they leader dies reported as a bug already, but is the rest supposed to happen? I guess it does kinda make sense, if the rebels are eliminated by a 3rd party the town may want instantly go back under it original owner.

Idduno, I though it was interesting, anyone else see stuff like this?

I just saw it happen to Varnovopol, but it didn't revert to original owner but to one of my clans.

Was your clan a Sturgian one?

There have been some strange goings on mid to late game - I have rebel factions that haven't disappeared when they should still on the map after 10 years.

I also have a former rebel faction that seems to have joined a main faction (the empire) after they lost their city, but before they disappeared, and they now have been given castles - and their lord still joins battle in toga

Just a useless or bad implemented feature, In a recent game the defeated rebel faction went to live with two parties in my castle, and they stayed there indefinitely, without any kind of interaction. I even wanted to invite them to be my vassals, but there was no chance, no diálog, nothing.
Remember the fun combat though.

Was your clan a Sturgian one?

There have been some strange goings on mid to late game - I have rebel factions that haven't disappeared when they should still on the map after 10 years.

I also have a former rebel faction that seems to have joined a main faction (the empire) after they lost their city, but before they disappeared, and they now have been given castles - and their lord still joins battle in toga
Yes to all three. It was a Sturgian clan (Isyoraoving). I have fiefless clans running around long after their rebelling town was taken. And I've seen those clans go on to join main factions while fiefless then be given fiefs.

The latter two might be intended behavior but the way the entire clan poofs if one goes down should not be.

I have some additional strangeness in that a rebellion clan lost their town after becoming independent but declared war on a main faction (not one they rebelled from) and maintained that war even as they joined the Vlandians.

@SadShogun I just had weird occurrence in 1.5.10, had a new rebellion pop up (Baltakhand) so I attacked 1st rebel party I saw, the leader died in combat, then the other 3 rebel NPC died immediately after the battle and the town instantly went to the Khuzaits, who were not the previous owners of the town.
I think I saw the problem of the clan dying out when they leader dies reported as a bug already, but is the rest supposed to happen? I guess it does kinda make sense, if the rebels are eliminated by a 3rd party the town may want instantly go back under it original owner.

Idduno, I though it was interesting, anyone else see stuff like this?
We destroy rebel clans if their leader dies. This is only the case for rebel clans (i.e. the 30 day period is not yet expired)
Currently, we return the settlement to the nearest faction (calculated by the average distance to the all of a kingdoms settlements). This is the default behaviour for factionless clans. I think if it was given to the faction it rebelled against it would be better though.

Yes to all three. It was a Sturgian clan (Isyoraoving). I have fiefless clans running around long after their rebelling town was taken. And I've seen those clans go on to join main factions while fiefless then be given fiefs.

The latter two might be intended behavior but the way the entire clan poofs if one goes down should not be.

I have some additional strangeness in that a rebellion clan lost their town after becoming independent but declared war on a main faction (not one they rebelled from) and maintained that war even as they joined the Vlandians.
If a rebel faction manages to stay and defend their settlement and or their leader for 30 days, they are legitimized as normal clans and can stay and join other factions even if they lose their original settlement or leader. This is intended (if the conditions hold of course).

We destroy rebel clans if their leader dies. This is only the case for rebel clans (i.e. the 30 day period is not yet expired)
Currently, we return the settlement to the nearest faction (calculated by the average distance to the all of a kingdoms settlements). This is the default behaviour for factionless clans. I think if it was given to the faction it rebelled against it would be better though.

If a rebel faction manages to stay and defend their settlement and or their leader for 30 days, they are legitimized as normal clans and can stay and join other factions even if they lose their original settlement or leader. This is intended (if the conditions hold of course).
Got you.

Do you want a bug report and save game for the third issue though? Legitimized clans having private wars with factions.

Or simply make it reverse back to its default culture/faction?

Back
Top Bottom