ON HOLD - Pike & Blade Merged v3.3.2 (Needs to be updated to 1.143/DP 4.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tokashi said:
Diplomacy makes it a lot easier for you to get Lords for your kingdom, almost too easy for my taste.
The 20+ companion mod sounds nice and someone can merge it with Pike and Blade + Diplomacy merge but I would not want it to be part of the current merge...I would rather just play the current diplomacy & Pike and Blade merge

This. Fully agree. Nor would I want those oodles of companions in the "native" Diplomacy.

I currently have no intentions of merging anything else with this particular merge, not to mention, as Tokashi pointed out, I don't have that much time anyway  :wink:. Furthermore, I agree that, as it is, it is already fairly easy to recruit lords now, due to Diplomacy. I do understand the desire for different companions, because the native ones sometimes piss me off, but again, I don't plan on adding those 20+ companions anytime soon, not to mention I feel that's a tad bit overkill, but that's just my opinion.

If you'd like, you can merge it yourself for your own use, I can instruct you on how to do it if need be, just shoot me a PM.

@Possum: Sorry to hear you received such a nasty script error lol, as Lorn pointed out, this would be on the Diplomacy side of things most likely, of which I have no control over. You might want to ask Waihti or the Diplomacy community about it, if it continues to be a problem.

i only got the error once in 256 days now. so i think its nothing game breaking.

a proposal:

instead of adding the new companions you could add the option to turn of the current companion argumentation. this way you could have all of them and noone would leave your party.

EDIT:::.....

anyone playing the mod with the new  (1.130 1.131) patch?

Not everyone would want that, that said, TweakMB already has this feature. I personally just use the "we hang deserters" tweak, but there is also one that makes it so they don't argue at all. (Unless thats greyed out right now?)And sorry if that statement was directed at someone else lol.

About the patch: No, without knowing if its compatible in some fashion or another with this merge (Or more accurately, with Diplomacy), I won't be downloading it until Waihti releases a new version of Diplomacy, which would support the new patch then.

possum said:
Raistlain said:
Just wanted to point out that this mod would be amazing if it was merged with the 23 companions mod for diplomacy. I dont think much needs to be changed and it would allow people to build a stronger faction without having to recruit enemy lords. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130428.0.html

currently you can have 7 companions without getting any conflicts. isnt that enough to start a kingdom?

The problem with the Native companions is that they been around a rather long time now and the game needs new and interesting companions.

Kogara said:
If you'd like, you can merge it yourself for your own use, I can instruct you on how to do it if need be, just shoot me a PM.

I think many would be interested in this.

@Shadowrun_Lucas: I honestly have no idea, I think it might be, lets see if anyone comments as I haven't tested it myself. That said, I don't think there should be any conflicts as long as it doesn't replace any of the native items completely.

@XSavagus: Yes, I agree, I've been playing since .700 beta of the original M&B and the companions are the same as always. But, again, unless there's a pouring out cry for me to do this, I can't justify it right now. Trust me, if I had the time I would just make a second merge that supported that mod, as well as some other popular ones I see people wanting me to add. That said, I don't have that kind of time in my life right now.  We'll see what happens though.

Retroactive-Edit: I may consider simply adding some of these mods during downtime (the time between diplomacy updates) and posting the .txt files, as that would require less time and keeps them optional. But again, we'll see.

Addendum to last edit: I'll add that "you", i.e. people in this community, are welcome to contact me about doing these merges "for me", so I can post them or the text files on this page, with credit to you of course. That way, you get what you want, and I don't have to stretch my limited free time any thinner :wink:. Just a suggestion.

It is very easy to merge extra mods with Pike and Blade. I say only merge Pike and Blade with Diplomacy and then people can merge that with what they want. All you need is win merge and a nice cup of coffee.

The other problem I have with the companion mod, it adds also extra troops. The whole idea of Pike and Blade is to give a nice balance in the game between the factions, now this companion mod gives extra troops, not just companions that can become Lords. This will affect the balance of the game.

Nope, keep this mod just like it is :wink: If you want it then it should be added by yourself

I agree that this merge should be kept "pure". Like I said, I'd be willing to post the .txt files for other mods if people wanted them bad enough, but they'd probably have to do the merging themselves, which isn't hard.

So this companion mod adds extra troops? I confess I haven't had time to look at it so I had no idea. (Yes, I will beat the "no time" horse to no end, because its true lol) If this is true, then there is definitely no way in Calradia that I'd make a merge including that, it would mess up the upgrade paths on top of it, not to mention the balance, as Tokashi said. It would have to come from someone else in this community, and I'd gladly post it on this page in the OP, as long as it was completely functional and all that. 

Edit: News....see OP.

New Version uploaded!!!

(If you don't see it, give it a minute, I might be editing the OP)

Edit: Ok, link is up, sorry that took so long, I got carried away with the editing :grin:

thx, there is a polished landscapes version for the diplomacy mod.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129716.0.html

i think i can use it with this merge without problems or are there any changes which may interfere?

possum said:
thx, there is a polished landscapes version for the diplomacy mod.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129716.0.html

i think i can use it with this merge without problems or are there any changes which may interfere?

I can't guarantee that nothing will happen, but if its just "polished" textures, I don't imagine that there will be any conflicts. Just make a separate folder if you want to try it out first. 

On an unrelated note, the download count of the last version was 275. That's almost triple the amount compared to before we had the child board.

Thanks again for downloading, hope you enjoy :wink:

@Kogara

I've tried several times adding OSP Items on this mod to no avail. I don't know if whether I'm doing it all wrong or the mods just aren't compatible (although I strongly suspect they are).

Problems I encounter include random desktop crashes and "invisible" textures on items (armors, weapons). That or the OSP items don't appear at all.

BTW, mighty thanks for this mod, its superbly balance. I faced 40 mixed Nord troops with about 100+ of mine lower tier troops and got brutally sodomized--was really happy to see that numbers alone don't win battles anymore.  :lol:

I would love to have OSP items though, so that it feels less like native and more as a new mod. Also, is it possible for you to implement formations, battle ranks, and maneuver--which makes sense since this mod focuses on infantry fighting?

Tokashi,
The inability to recruit foreign lords is the game-breaking flaw of MB that will continue to disappoint and turn away players.
I don't know how you got your 3 rhodok lords.  Maybe you can share the circumstances.
I have 5 different saved campaigns, one for each faction.  I've never successfully recruited a Lord until their faction was nearly wiped out and all their Lords were sitting in my dungeon but a few of the angry ones.  My other posts detail the conditions,: RTR99, Ren 1400, Persuasion 7, etc.
Even when I wipe them out, many of the Lords defect to other factions and my kingdom sits lordless.
What's the point of using a claimant then if no one will defect?  The claimant takes the kingdom and that ends your campaign.
I have received a few calculating Lords of low qual that were tried for treason.
In the end, the foreign Lord recruitment process will take at least 50K in bribes and many many hours of game time seeking them out or watching them hide in their castles since they lack fiefs.  If I didn't have use of cheats, I'd have gone crazy by now.  But cheats remove the suspense.

I loaded this new mod and love the little option to send emissaries to ask  lords to join my faction.
I loaded up my saved campaigns and sent my emissaries with persuasion over 3 to all the angry and vengeful lords that were "friends."
I'm on try #22 and all my attempts have been failures.
(It would be nice to know why the attempts failed:grin:id the Lord not want to talk and would a future emissary mission be fruitful?)

It appears this is not fix at all, but the start of one.  Someone needs to fix the formula the program uses to calculate the acceptance decision by foreign Lords.
I seriously would pay good money to someone who can solve this and make recruitment of foreign Lords more realistic and practical.

Erm, first of all, I'd like to say that I too have no problems recruiting lords.

Here's how it works, simply put anyway -

The game calculates relations with the player, relations with their current King, the strength of their faction (How many lands it hold, how often they're winning or losing, etc), then the strength of your faction, again how many lands you hold, how often you 're winning, etc. Then it takes into account the personality of the lord your asking, then, it weighs the strength of your argument (Join me because of X), for example if his personality dictates that he likes to hear you say you'll favor the rights of the people, then by telling him that that goes toward the final "score". Lastly, your persuasion acts as a modifier, sadly I don't have the formula on hand for that.

There may be a few things I left out, but those are the main things, at the end of the conversation, all things, negative and positive, are tallied up and a final percent-of-success score is given, then at that point its more or less a roll of the dice.

To get a better feel for the system, I suggest you hit control+~ on the game map, this brings up the console, type in cheatmenu, now I'm not telling you to cheat, enabling this also turns on a debug mode, when you talk to a lord and go through the "join me" deal, you'll see his personality and all the percentages, good and bad, as well as the "chance of success". Use this to get a feel for each lord and how to better persuade them.

Now, with this active, you can also reset the persuasion attempt on the lord so you can do it unlimited times until you get it right. That way you don't have to wait a week. Its up to you.

To turn it off, open the console again (ctrl+~) and type nocheatmenu.

P.S. Another thing, I had to crush the Khergits to get most of their lords, but I recruited lords from other nations without doing this, I think it just depends on the personality of the lords in each faction.

@Shadowrun_lucus:
Its possible you did something incorrectly, but apparently Tokashi couldn't get it to work, and I know he knows what he's doing. I'll look into it when I have time, its possible its just not going to work, but there may be a way. Gotta take care of some business today so I may not have time. I'll get back to you on that soon though, I hope.

Edit: FYI I checked the link, the first time I clicked it I got that error, the second time it worked and let me download it. So yeah, as Tokashi said just keep clickin' it and it'll work. No idea why its doing this but yeah.

Edit2: Alternate Rapidshare (*cringe*) link is up just in case.

ellwoodis said:
Tokashi,
The inability to recruit foreign lords is the game-breaking flaw of MB that will continue to disappoint and turn away players.
I don't know how you got your 3 rhodok lords.  Maybe you can share the circumstances.
I have 5 different saved campaigns, one for each faction.  I've never successfully recruited a Lord until their faction was nearly wiped out and all their Lords were sitting in my dungeon but a few of the angry ones.  My other posts detail the conditions,: RTR99, Ren 1400, Persuasion 7, etc.
Even when I wipe them out, many of the Lords defect to other factions and my kingdom sits lordless.
What's the point of using a claimant then if no one will defect?  The claimant takes the kingdom and that ends your campaign.
I have received a few calculating Lords of low qual that were tried for treason.
In the end, the foreign Lord recruitment process will take at least 50K in bribes and many many hours of game time seeking them out or watching them hide in their castles since they lack fiefs.  If I didn't have use of cheats, I'd have gone crazy by now.  But cheats remove the suspense.

I loaded this new mod and love the little option to send emissaries to ask  lords to join my faction.
I loaded up my saved campaigns and sent my emissaries with persuasion over 3 to all the angry and vengeful lords that were "friends."
I'm on try #22 and all my attempts have been failures.
(It would be nice to know why the attempts failed:grin:id the Lord not want to talk and would a future emissary mission be fruitful?)

It appears this is not fix at all, but the start of one.  Someone needs to fix the formula the program uses to calculate the acceptance decision by foreign Lords.
I seriously would pay good money to someone who can solve this and make recruitment of foreign Lords more realistic and practical.

So if you cannot recruit a lord it is game breaking flaw.

First, I find out what lord hates his king, they are normally the ones that will go over with no problems.

Then I send loads of Oil, trying to get my relationship with them to about 30-40. The words you are using to convince them to join you should always be the same line of words, if you change it for every lord it reduces to chances (someone told me, not sure).

Then I ask them to join me, some of the lords wont join you because your army is too small etc. So far I never had problems getting lords.

Like Kogara said, there are so many other things that can affect the chances. Even if it is damn hard to get lords, I still say keep 21 Companions mod separate from the original Pike and Blade merge.

You know there are already enough companions you can make lords, once the companion is a lord you can get the other companion to join your party that does not like the other one. If I am not mistaken, there are about 5-6 Companions that are nobles and wont cause any problems with other factions. This will also help you a lot, lets say you have 5 Lords just from Companions, this will also help A LOT to convince another lords to join you.

Once you have about 6-7 Lords, then the other lords quickly go over to you. I have even seen that other lords automatically transfer over to me because they are mad at their king.

Back
Top Bottom