ON HOLD - Pike & Blade Merged v3.3.2 (Needs to be updated to 1.143/DP 4.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

:twisted:

CANNOT END BATTLE i was knocked out, my men won the battle and I am stuck in ground, and cannot exit to map......

HELP PLEASE?  great mod, but this makes it unplayable!

MR3MAN said:
Same problem here, wtf, no one bothered to answer you?  its been 2 months!
:twisted: :evil: :sad:

I really wish I knew what you were talking about here......regardless, please try to remain calm.

As for your problem, its never happened to me other then the one time I used an out of date TweakMB without knowing (i.e. I turned on practically every thing :razz:), so yeah.....Yamchu's suggestion works I suppose lol.

Edit: Oh and the problem I experienced was different anyway.....but yeah....moving on.....*whistles*

Ok, so currently I have the latest Warband varsion and the Diplomacy/Pike&Blade merge before 3.2 - can I simply update Diplomacy with it and use my save game from previous merge?

You can certainly try. I don't think anything was changed that would really mess up your saved game, atleast I don't think so.

You may not see all the changes go into to affect though (see change log), but then again you may.

Try it and see, just make a back up of your old diplomacy version, as well as the saved game, so if it doesn't work out you can go back to it if you want. Unless you don't care that much, then its just a matter of starting over as usual lol.

Anyway, please report back if you get the chance, I'd like to know. I haven't had the chance to play since the update so I haven't tested the save game deal myself :razz:.

Quick note about Diplomacy 3.2.1

Waihti has released a hotfix with a few bug fixes, important ones I'd say. So as soon as I get the chance I'll be updating the merge to 3.2.1. This update simply corrects some lines of script and whatnot, so it should be 100% save game compatible. I'm 99.9% certain but I have to say "should" because you never really know :wink:

P.S. I hope to get this done real fast today, but right now I've got to run to a junk yard and get an air intake hose for my car, or it wont run lol. After that I might go see that Wall Street movie....yeah I know its been out for awhile but I've been too busy! :sad:

Anyway, should be done by today/tonight.

Version 3.2.1 is up, this update just fixed a few lines of script so everything should be save game compatible.

SEE CHANGE LOG for bugfix details.

Enjoy.

marked your topic with a 'Lamp' icon so it's easier for me to find the topics which contain Diplomacy modifications. I hope you don't mind :wink:

Waihti said:
marked your topic with a 'Lamp' icon so it's easier for me to find the topics which contain Diplomacy modifications. I hope you don't mind :wink:

No problem at all, thanks for the heads up Waihti.

Just letting you guys know I'm still alive and (very slowly) working on a .py version of the  new stuff I posted in the P&B thread a while back. It's still at the spreadsheeting of items and units so that I can develop standard stats for all the gear and units. If someone could post the leveled (stats in the game) and base stats (stats from the .txt files) for a few (like three) units in the mod that'd be a huge help.

If you (generic you, meaning anyone) want to help with the spreadsheet phase, PM me your gmail and I'll docshare you the sheets to add stuff to -- it's pretty boring work, but necessary since I want to run some regressions and make sure my ideal stats fit with the baseline stuff. I'd also appreciate it if someone modded their armor to have a really high encumbrance and tried running around -- I need to figure out an appropriate level of encumbrance for plate so that lighter mail is a viable option for footies. This will affect AI as well, so it's a useful balancing tool.

Still no ability to play M&B so I can't test for myself.

Here's the updated blueprint for units I'm working off of, critique if you have a sec:

As always, thanks a bunch to the guys who kept this project alive and ticking despite all the delays in the production pipeline! Any work that eventually comes out will be dedicated to you lot!

Still, no promises on a timely release. Things are busy, so I'm only kicking this along sporadically. I've just gotten far enough that I need to ask a few questions before I can move into the implementation phase.

Aeon221 said:
Just letting you guys know I'm still alive and (very slowly) working on a .py version of the  new stuff I posted in the P&B thread a while back. It's still at the spreadsheeting of items and units so that I can develop standard stats for all the gear and units. If someone could post the leveled (stats in the game) and base stats (stats from the .txt files) for a few (like three) units in the mod that'd be a huge help.

If you (generic you, meaning anyone) want to help with the spreadsheet phase, PM me your gmail and I'll docshare you the sheets to add stuff to -- it's pretty boring work, but necessary since I want to run some regressions and make sure my ideal stats fit with the baseline stuff. I'd also appreciate it if someone modded their armor to have a really high encumbrance and tried running around -- I need to figure out an appropriate level of encumbrance for plate so that lighter mail is a viable option for footies. This will affect AI as well, so it's a useful balancing tool.

Still no ability to play M&B so I can't test for myself.

Here's the updated blueprint for units I'm working off of, critique if you have a sec:

As always, thanks a bunch to the guys who kept this project alive and ticking despite all the delays in the production pipeline! Any work that eventually comes out will be dedicated to you lot!

Still, no promises on a timely release. Things are busy, so I'm only kicking this along sporadically. I've just gotten far enough that I need to ask a few questions before I can move into the implementation phase.

Awesome, glad to hear you're alive and still interested in doing some things with Pike & Blade. :mrgreen:

Could you be a little more specific on what you need, stat wise? I probably wont have time to help you test a lot of things, though I'd love to, but I can get you the stats, I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you want.

PM or reply here when you get the chance.

Attributes, proficiencies and stats themselves, from both the text and in game please. Preferably use tier 5 units to find this information out!

Aeon221 said:
Attributes, proficiencies and stats themselves, from both the text and in game please. Preferably use tier 5 units to find this information out!

So you need the snippets of T5 units from troops.txt and then the numerical values from in game of those same units? (I assume that using morges troop editor will be fine)

If thats all you need I can PM you those, hopefully by tonight. If any screen shots would help let me know. (Well, visual reference can be nice)

EDIT: The requested values have been sent via PM.

Just got back from a great meeting with the Village Voice advertising editor.

Thanks for getting all that info Kogara! Interesting to see that the units are not leveled up like people say on the modding forum, gaining stats and such, but just retain the stats I set in the txt files (sidenote: is it sad that I can read the straight machine code still?) That means more work for me in getting them the stats they need rather than relying on the game to do it, but oh well.

So, question. Would you guys prefer slower leveling between tiers but more survivable units, or faster leveling with weaker troopers? The closer units are in level the faster they progress but the less they gain from doing so, so it's an important difference. I was thinking about having t5 units be at l45 rather than the much lower l32 of the t6 in the current mod.

I'd probably have the following level sets:
t1: l5
t2: l10 +5
t3: l20 +10
t4: l32 +12
t5: l45 +15

Bandits, whose trees I haven't really considered redesigning, would not be affected by this level progression -- which means that their top tier units would be completely ineffective in combat, which makes sense as they don't have the formal military training faction and mercenary units do.

Benefits:
Losing a battle is more significant
Upkeep costs (especially on high tier units) significantly higher
Scope for individual action from lords and players reduced
NPC armies more effective (since they can recruit high tier units)

Downsides:
Low tier units significantly less effective in battle
Progression in early game more difficult

Another upside is that using mercenaries would be, in practical terms, unavoidable. Leveling t1 recruits against t2/t3 bandit groups -- let alone lord armies -- would be extremely difficult without support from t2/t3 mercenaries. I'll significantly lower the up front cost multiplier of mercenaries to compensate for their much higher upkeeps -- which should provide an incentive to use them as a meatwave to avoid paying their higher upkeep as compared to faction troopers.

As a side note, I'll also probably add wandering hero parties -- folks based on the tourney knights Xandra and such -- who you'll see out and about fighting bandits and righting wrongs and basically doing what you're doing. Based on what I've seen of the model system it wouldn't be too difficult -- I'd spawn them in various places with a negative modifier to the bandit factions and set them to recruit mercs -- and it might add a little flavor to the map. There might also be wandering bandit chieftains with regionally appropriate significantly stronger groups and possibly even some unique loot. Not too difficult to implement and, again, would add a little something extra to the map.

Thoughts, comments, concerns? 

No problem, glad to help. Glad to hear that your meeting went well :smile:

--

Hmmmm, well its a lot to absorb, I'll have mull it over in my mind a bit. I'm interested in the idea of weaker low tier troops supported by Mercenaries, but at the same time I'm unsure, I guess I would have to see it in action. That said, I think things are a bit too easy at the moment, so I think this would greatly balance out the difficulty, so I'm mostly for the change.

I've seen the roaming Hero Parties before in some M&B mods, so I know its doable, they did add some decent flavor and helped a bit with global bandit control, haha. So I'm for that as well. Doing something with the bandits, like adding a bandit lord is a great idea, bandits are boring. :lol:

A note about the Mercenaries, if you do make the aforementioned changes, would it be possible* to make like, I don't know, a Mercenaries Tavern? Kinda like how there use to be that Inn on the map, that they never did anything with. It would be somewhat realistic, and it would make hiring mercenaries a bit more feasible.

*Possible as in possible for you, at some point or another.

If I have any more "thoughts, comments, concerns" I'll be sure to post them.

On another note, related to the mercenaries, I think we should flesh them out more like we talked about previously, make them a bit more interesting if possible, while still keeping it simple.

There was something else I was going to say but I honestly can't remember right now....

--

Also, if you'd like, I can add a poll about higher survivability in low tiers vs. weaker low tiers being protected by mercenaries.

Hmm, you can poll if you want, it might help a bit!

Locations are almost certainly right out, but I'm seeing a lot more OSP Kits out there so there's a lot of available stuff to pick and choose from in terms of tactical development. No reason not to incorporate what seems appropriate, although this would need to be watched carefully to ensure compatibility with Diplomacy.

Ok, so I've further updated the coming units, including clearer information about who has and wears what. If you have any input on the mercenaries feel free to make some suggestions (cough Kogara cough).

Probably won't be doing much work on this for the next couple of days (learning to use Drupal so I can get a website together for the company) so take your time!

Back
Top Bottom