On Crafting Orders

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a 1.8 thing in general, you have to unlock all T1 parts for a weapon type before you can unlock any T2, all T2 before any T3, and so on.

Yeah, serial unlocking. Very grindy but rewarding once you figure it out. Curious perks are really valuable for repeated forge/smelt, forge/smelt. It uses limited resources but has a big payback. Once you unlock tier 4 parts, you can start doing custom parts for 20-80K a pop.

In the current beta, I have been cheattesting stuff and rarely have the tier-parts gone above tier 2. I have had one twohanded swordpart that has been tier 3.
Is there a current stop in the beta that hinders higher levels of tiers, locked in the X years and such? (I know that Town prosperity has something to do with the diferent kinds of armours and weapons that becomes available to theplayer)
Yep smithing doesn't feel right since 1.8.1 (I would say), the pommels for axes and masses don't work in my opinion, don't add any value and it's more difficult to upgrade because of the amount of item to unlock.
I love smithing from the beginning despite all critics but not any more. It's a chore now !
And please add the feature to pay the weapon we want. Blacksmiths and others, everyone, asking for that feature.
Thank you :grin:

Yep smithing doesn't feel right since 1.8.1 (I would say), the pommels for axes and masses don't work in my opinion, don't add any value and it's more difficult to upgrade because of the amount of item to unlock.
I love smithing from the beginning despite all critics but not any more. It's a chore now !
And please add the feature to pay the weapon we want. Blacksmiths and others, everyone, asking for that feature.
That was my initial impression but now that I see how it can work, I prefer the new way. The downside is that you have to dedicate 5 or 6 levels to grinding your way up and then some time traveling to get good custom orders. Boring but rewarding financially.

Agree about the pommels.
Just like blades can be unlocked for 1 handed and 2 handed swords simultaneously, pommels should unlock for all categories where they are used as well.

That was my initial impression but now that I see how it can work, I prefer the new way. The downside is that you have to dedicate 5 or 6 levels to grinding your way up and then some time traveling to get good custom orders. Boring but rewarding financially.
Thanks for your reply, I didn't see that way but I don't really care about money, fun it's more important to me. I just want to carry and kill with the weapon I made myself :cool:

Agree about the pommels.
Just like blades can be unlocked for 1 handed and 2 handed swords simultaneously, pommels should unlock for all categories where they are used as well.
Also agree :wink:
That would make more sense indeed, in that case pommels will be acceptable :smile:

Aye, I have also noticed that sometimes it says, for example: Patterned Learned Twohanded Polearm: None
Meanwhile there are usually A LOT of more unlockable pieces.

Thorwing axes are at least a good source of income >.>

Can you increase the part unlock rate when successfully filling a crafting order?

It takes forever to unlock Daggers and Throwing Daggers

Smithing is good but some little features are missing to make it very great.

At the beginning, I wasn't a fan of the learning process (tier by tier) but now with some practice of it I think it's a good idea, make sense and it's realistic. Actually, I didn't like it first because of the pommels ! Too many of them and too many times with different weapon type to learn. Make too slow to learn better weapons, especially axes and maces (1/2 handed).
When you learn an item on a certain type of weapon make it available on all of them, for pommels but for blades also, guards ... everything.

Also, there is a bug or something's going on wrong the learning process when you discover an item that you already have (very frustrating) and maybe worst, when you learn the item "none" ! Argh horrible ! Change that, please.

And finally, make possible for everybody, every player, to craft any weapon he wants. Go to a city with a blacksmith workshop in it, go inside (same interface that smithing, I guess) and order (like npc do) any weapon you want (type, pieces, size) at the price needed : 20k, 50k, 100k ... Not everybody likes smithing but I'm pretty sure all Bannerlord's players will pay a fortune to craft their dream weapons, and everybody would love this feature.

Last edited:
The fulfilling orders for notables is interesting. Is there an expected rate of orders you’d expect us to see per town/culture/game over a set amount of time?

Will companions still be able to help craft in the “order” phase?

What are the plans on how individual pieces unlock? Any thoughts on displaying the unlocked achievements in a single screen and by tier? Or by having a set number of items by tier that unlock with gaining craft levels (on top of the current system)?

Do you envision fulfilling gang leader orders to have any criminal rating related gains?

Probably an obvious question folks will have is if it’s in the plans to have the player character able to place an order ourselves?
yes they can
companions can help craft

Stuff really should unlock faster. Smithing skill past 175 and it is still a long way to get **** unlocked. It is annoying and grindy.
I still can often not create a weapon to specs of an order despite above skill level. We talk not even difficult orders.

Back
Top Bottom