Old Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike the mod name, it both sounds like third-rate fantasy and is forgettable. "Oranos" is also a random fantasy name - what is a Greek name doing in no-Greeks Calradia? (The same applies for GRR Martin's Westeros etc.)
The first name that comes to mind isn't always the best and even naming things properly takes some time and effort.

For example, better-sounding, less-forgettable mod names:
The Mythical Island
Goodbye to Calradia
Romance and Banditry
Secrets Everywhere
Bandits Will Take Castles
Fifth Try At Modding
... :smile:

Also, you need better signatures. No signatures are better than those MS Paint graffiti, really giving the worst impression.

Don't get me wrong, I support the efforts of the author as he has the right attitude.

Thanks all! :grin:

MadVader: New signatures have been added. I like the names, though, because they fit with the story. :smile:

Update:I have completed the troops for the Ishinowe Tsardom, you can see them in the second post! :smile:

Lad, if you need help with any backstory whatsoever, just message me up, I'm on a boon right now and my creativity is at an all time high.  Just tell me what you need and I'll create it.  All ya need to do is ask.

PM sent.

Update:
I have completed the troops for the Illicran Pfreadom, check the second post to see them!​

Zango said:
The Dark Robin said:
Nope. No hidden images. :lol:

Update:
I have recently been working on the scene for the unique location of one of the six religions, as well as a quest to reach that unique location.

Behold the Tree of Leune in it's full glory:
GtECY.png

Leune doesn't seem to be one of the happy fun-time gods.

Man, don't f**k with Father Maxi from South Park, or he'll end you. :shock:

Yes! Someone finally got the reference! :grin:

Update:I have completed the troops for the Daegroen Illui and Felrana Empire, check the second post to see them!​

you shouldn't post monty python videos. now anyone who watches it is obliged to watch three hours of skits.
I really like the map, its sexy. good luck on this!

Good luck with this one!

And as far as MV is concerned - he´s totally right with points bar the MS Paint one.

MS Paint is GREAT for making banners - if you got a proper ingame screenshot and are a bloody picture snipping amateur.

I think I'm done with the signatures for now, I added the one I'm using, and I think that one is good enough.

Update:
Lately I've been working on more dynamic quests, so for example, if you train peasants in the village, village militias will accompany farmers from that village. The militias will then be taken away once the village gets looted. Expect to see some of that, once I eventually release. :smile:

This looks good! I hope you get due recognition for such an intriguing concept.
Hopefully our community will keep you motivated, so that it doesn't join the ranks of the abandoned mod legion.

Developer Blog: #1 - First Dev Blog!

Good night/morning/afternoon!

Welcome to the first Developer blog of the Myth of a Legacy modification!
In this blog we will be showing most of the recent progress, as well as reveal more of the Innui faction lore and equipment.

So, here is what we will be showcasing. Firstly, we now have a new team member, Frenzied Crocoduck Herder, and we'll be showcasing some of his awesome work today. Second, we have information and preveiws about our new mercenary system, that I have been working on. Thirdly, Zeus has recently been working on a scene for Halincoz, the Ishinowe capital. Finally, we will also be showcasing a few of Revspartan's models, which are quite good, especially considering the interesting things that can be done with them.

Innui Reanon
Our resident Crocoduck Herder (I have no idea why he chose that name) has been working on the Innui faction, to replace the Rhodoks, so here you can see some previews, as well as read some of the lore.

The Innui Reanon, also known as the Republic of Innui, or the Kingdom of the Lake, is a society of philosophers, scholars, artisans, mages and tacticians, their tactical might is legendary amongst the populace of Oranos, but so is their arrogance and vanity, which has given them a negative opinion amongst the Daegroens, Ishinowe and the Uulicate.

Though they are ruled by elected Archon Kyruii, it is common knowledge that he is merely a puppet for the Circle of Mages and the High Temple of Leune, two of the ruling guilds of Innui.

xsU1m.png

New Mercenary System
I have lately been working on this feature, so now the Myth of a Legacy will feature new mercenaries, with mercenaries for every faction as well as generic mercenaries. Each faction will get their respective mercs in reinforcements, and those mercenaries will only show up in the towns of their factions.

Here you can see the Uulicate mercenaries in the tavern at Quaaliiz, the Uulicate capital:

-y7lg.png

New Scene: Halincoz!
Zeus has been working on a new scene, Halincoz, the capital of the Ishinowe Tsardom. Halincoz is in the far north, and the home of Grand Tsar Askold.

UMFRs.png
2014-01-03_00007_zps4cec7c35.jpg
2014-01-03_00003_zps0687e1d6.jpg
2014-01-03_00009_zps7318d8b2.jpg

Please note that it is still a W.I.P., so it will continue to improve!

New Armors!
Revspartan has made many new armors for us, and I have made a video previewing some of them.

Alright then, this is it for this Developer blog. I'm not sure when the next one will come out, but hopefully the previews shown here will be enough for at least a little while. If you have any questions feel free to ask them! Be sure to tell your friends about this project, and check us out on Moddb!

Thanks for reading, and till next time!
The Developer Team,
The Dark Robin
xZEUS99x
Revspartan
Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder

Nice! But how did you made certain mercenaries appear at only certain towns? Did you use a special code or what?

Also,I have seen your Moddb background logo. It looks like you made it in paint... :neutral:
I can make you a logo if you want. Just tell me what you want,and I shall try to make it...

Thanks everyone! :grin:

Skull of Plums: I got the image you PMed to me, but the top image in the Moddb profile needs to be 200 kb or less so I couldn't use it. :sad:

Update:
I am adding many legendary weapons, do not look unless you want spoilers! :wink:

yRu8_.png

PpggH.png

The weapon is from Mackie's weapons pack, and the building is from Jackko's OSP Roman pack. :smile:

Edit: Here are the links, if you're curious:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214781.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,204864.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom