• Welcome to the forums on our new hosting setup. Everything should be working the same, but if you run into any problems, please let us know over here.

Old SMF forum backup closing down

Users who are viewing this thread

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
M&BWBWF&SVC
We've maintained a read-only backup of our old SMF forums since our conversion to XenForo, which happened back in January of 2020, well over 2 years at this point. One reason was to give people a chance to back up important old Private Messages, since PMs couldn't be transferred over to XenForo. The other main reason was to provide reference for how posts looked on the old forum setup, since they can end up looking different due to BBCode or styling differences between SMF and Xenforo, and in a few cases some BBCode got broken by the transition.

So, I'm posting this to give everyone a bit of advance notice. We will be closing down the old SMF forum backup on the 27th, 9 days from now. If for whatever reason there is still something you need to check over there, this is your last chance.

Bjorn The Upset

Grandmaster Knight
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Is there a way to download all of it in some form and open it in a explorer directly from our pc? Lol, :xf-grin:. Goodbye old forum. May you rest in peace.

Zombie Warrior

Sergeant Knight
It would be nice if we could download the backup, but I suspect that it's not going to happen. There are several good reasons that I can think of too.

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
M&BWBWF&SVC
The old SMF backup is now closed. Links to any parts of it (boards, topics, posts, sections) will now redirect to the related part of the forum here.

Eärendil Ardamírë

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%8B-the-funeral.gif

Top Bottom