[OLD] original mod topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
xarru said:
Hello and thanks for this awesome mod, seems to run just fine at least with graphical mods (which is pretty expected).
And here is some feature suggestions.

1. Replace current ranking system with real ranks, which could be something like this, soldier->sergeant->lieutenant->captain.

Thanks for the idea Xarru, you seem to be in the same train of thought as us.. Maybe someone could work out a medieval rank system? Although we are not going for historically correct.. but some mods using Freelancer will.. keep that in mind.

2. After attaining sufficient rank your lord would give you some soldiers that you can command in battle, number of soldiers given would depend on your rank. You could ask your lord for more soldiers if some die, but that would result little negative relation with lord or you could go and use your own money to recruit needed soldiers. in addition you wouldn't have to pay and feed soldiers you are commanding in lords army because he is paying them, you just lead them in battle.

I was just pondering this, already there is 'meant' to be the ability to gain followers, but the loss of followers idea could spawn a mission to recruit new soldiers, well done on that idea

3. Show your pay in weekly budget report.

As it stands we are looking into that as well. Thanks for the reminder :wink:

Also I'd like to know if its possible to remove item gaining through ranks and how it could be done, because in medieval times soldier were generally required to fund their own equipment. I'm not listing this as feature suggestion because I think most people would be against it, I'd just like to know if its possible to do and if, how.

We are currently working on this issue, one suggestion has been to implement a 'break item' option, so it makes taking items from the field more realistic..
"OH crap, my shields broken and there's a Swadian Knight heading my way, quick grab that shield on the ground....."

And Yeh I think others wouldn't like that option, but as it stands you have a 'chance' of gaining new items as you rank, Caba'drin is working on that system as we speak.. If we get the child board we'll definitely have a suggestions sticky.

And once again thanks for this mod.

Your welcome, we appreciate your support! really ..we do :razz:

Broken said:
One idea, if it has not already been mentioned, would be the opportunity to enter into service as an alternative to imprisonment by a lord that is holding you captive

NICE idea.. I just jotted that one down on my todo list :razz: ...but you'd get no leave lol

@ Sun, no need to bump :razz:

@ Ashlander1, I think we all agree. Now we wait :smile:

Ikaguia said:
this works with 1.143, taragoth tested it. and he is porting it right now.

I can confirm, Freelancer works with Warband 1.143 . thanks for taking my glory Ik :razz: j/k

I found a weird bug during a castle siege, my side were the attackers. The first stage went fine, but during the second  both my lords troops and the defenders attacked me.

A second bug was that the game crashes if I talk to the lord after a battle, this one happens pretty frequently.

A third, this has only happened once, after a battle with some looters before I joined a lord the ground was replaced with the sky when returning to the main map. It lasted until I entered a village.

The third issue sounds like a graphic issue... what version of a. Freelancer and b. Warband are you using?

Player attacked by own lords faction. - This has been reported. did you add the siege fix?

Crashing after talking to a Lord? I'll look into it, it was a pre 1.1 issue tho.

Eireth said:
A third, this has only happened once, after a battle with some looters before I joined a lord the ground was replaced with the sky when returning to the main map. It lasted until I entered a village.

I don't believe this to be a bug from the mod, I've had the same problem with native and fire and sword.

So far the only fix I have found is to enter a scene and leave again.

Hi Guys, I have been following this mod with a keen interest, and was delighted to see a stable version released.

Tried it out this morning before work and was thoroughly impressed.

Just have a few suggestions:

-Some mods show many men you personally have killed at the end of a battle, I think that would be a good implementation into this mod, which focuses a lot more on you as a soldier than other mods.

-I was a sergeant for King Harlaus, and our army was routed and lost the battle.  After escaping my captors I enlisted with Lord Tredian, also a Swadian.  However I was signed up as a recruit again, should I not have retained my former rank? Or at least something higher than recruit.

-Similarly, suppose I was a man at arms with the Swadians, and defected to the Nords, should I be offered a higher rank than recruit?

-You do not appear to gain renown when fighting as an enlisted soldier, I think you should, perhaps gaining more depending on how high your rank is.

All in all this is a fantastic mod, and have found myself playing the game differently now.

For example I like how items collected on the battlefield stay in your inventory,  I found myself as a recruit, after the main part of the fighting was finished, scouring the dead for superior weapons and shields.  This is very immersive, and also historically accurate, as many soldiers would stop and loot the dead, rather than chase a loan archer three miles from the battle, so kudos for that!

Cheers mate, some of the suggestions you have there are definitely in live for version 2 (if that's what it's called by then) It's great to see so many people seeing our vision as a success. As for the keeping rank, we are currently working on adding that to the code as well as being able to talk 'short' leave while your lord returns to a town to sell items ect, but when leaving the town menu you will be back int he lords army again. I'd personally love to (as I've recently mentioned) add the broken weapon code, but make it so it is not repaired at the end of the battle so you DO need to find new weapons.. Imagine starting a battle with a crapy dagger, look a fellow or enemy soldier just died, grab his weapon and charge!. ..Maybe we could add a repair items option for money, say the cost price of the weapon.. (thinking out loud again) ... The renown Idea sounds awesome btw :wink:

taragoth said:
The third issue sounds like a graphic issue... what version of a. Freelancer and b. Warband are you using?

Player attacked by own lords faction. - This has been reported. did you add the "link"?

Crashing after talking to a Lord? I'll look into it, it was a pre 1.1 issue tho.

I'm using Freelancer 1.1 and Warband 1.134

I have not added the siege fix, I will now thank you

I have updated my graphic drive recently, so that might be what's causing the ground as sky bug

kenoxite said:
So, there's not a minimum renown required to join an army, and you just need to talk to the Lord you want to serve to join him. Also, it needs to be a new save, right?

Yup, although I havn't heard of anyone using a old save, there is a cheat to update the module in game CTRL+M as long as your in windowed mode and allow editing... but fro experience wise I'd say start a new game, I'm working on a recruit template as we speak also. (as per poll)

Keep it up Tara and you'll be up there with Vincenzo, Gabrilduro and Idibil...  :mrgreen: fantastic work, can't wait to get home tonight and carry on!

ON a sad note, I was recently promoted to Sgt, and given my first direct control of one man in battle.... he died

I came across an error on the download page. It says: if your hungry
                                                                  It should be: if you're hungry
STILL
I Love the mod :smile: Its epic thanx

i have a bug!
3 kingdoms: 1, 2, 3.
Kingdom's 1 army attacked kingdom's 2 peasants. Then army of 3 (with me) joined. So now after i press Follow commander into battle i have only 1 option: Don't get involved.
And if i want to speak with my commander, i'm actually speaking with those poor peasants (but have my commander's face in dialog)

I can't join the battle, i can't speak with commander... Had to desert.

PS ad1257 mod

@JD, that's freaky, that problem was squashed way back in the 1.0apha... will have a look, need to dload the new 1257 ver then and have a look. thx

@jbebes Fixed. thanks for the report. :grin:

Please refer all comments to our NEW BOARD! wooo!  :mrgreen: from now on.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,232.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom