OSP 2D Art World Map Old map sheets (world map variant)

Users who are viewing this thread

obywatel

Recruit
Good day.
Ive made some map textures that looks almost like old map sheets for more sentimental atmosphere. Maybe somebody would like it too.

To prevent engaging those textures into world enviroment, i had to edit material.brf and texture.brf. Because of that this is compatible only with Native probably. But you can add them into any mod if you wish.

Link (updated by moderator):

Package contains: readme file (what to change in module.ini), map textures (steppe, plain, ocean, desert, river, snow, mountain), less realistic trees and some map icons.

And textures looks like that:
[Screenshots not working anymore]

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, thats realy cool, problem is it doesent realy go with the horses and banners or villages etc. Still real cool :grin:

That is amazing, I love it!!!

Two questions:
1. Is it save-game compatible?
2. I've bundled some items from a mod into Native, will this still work?  ("this is compatible only with Native probably")

tommylaw said:
That is amazing, I love it!!!

Two questions:
1. Is it save-game compatible?
2. I've bundled some items from a mod into Native, will this still work?  ("this is compatible only with Native probably")

no, it should work.

I'm assuming all he's done is replace the textures so it should work with any mod.

It works! It's f***ing epic!

I'm so putting a pic on the screenshots thread.

Thank you :!:

EDIT: Have you considered putting this on the repository?

Cool, I planned to make a map with historic map textures for myself, now you did it and I will take this for it looks beautiful. Good work and thx for sharing!

I've always hoped that someone would make something like this. It looks awesome, especially the water!

I'm not sure what you'd call these but when planning a battle in the not long ago past would they of had small models of soldiers to push over the map. You could replace all the parties with these

Thank you for gently posts.
Im a little bit noobish about modding, so i cant give technical solution how to make that more compatible. But i hope someone smarter than me could upgade this.
I just wanted to make textures :smile:
About icons and models on the map: There is a lot of textures that are not divided between map and enviroment (as snow, trees, castles) so there is a problem to find out which one. Making them less realistic could inflict world looks creepy. Lot of caution is needed.

PS. steppe mesh because of unknown reasons is bigger than plain or mountain mesh and meridians never agree. Whatever.

#re Kolba: w Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie :smile:

good day

Back
Top Bottom