OK, This Is Confusing

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been reading about this WSE business.    WTH(eck) is  WSE ???  Will this mod work with it in 1.153 or not???  If so, where do I even find it.      I've gone to the expense to order a stand alone game to hopefully be able to make this mod work.

I know I'm not the only one who gets lost in all this lingo/jargon that gets bantered about.  Those of us who just enjoy playing and do not delve into the depths, as it were, would truly find it useful to have a sticky for instructions for the various segments that come along.    Plus that sticky would alleviate the need to ask all the time and your having to spend time re-explaining.    And those of you who know all this stuff just take it for granted that "everyone else" understands it too.  So, when something like WSE comes up, sticky it with instructions on how/where.  Kinda like a what's/what in the FAQ sense.

I'm not complaining here.  But there seems to be a real need for us unwashed.  And most of us are too embarassed to ask.  I usually don't, but am quite frustrated atm.

So, right now, I'm waiting for my order to come in so I can get theis great mod rolling again.    And prolly add some others too.

Kindest Regards,

zimm out

No need to create another thread, you could have asked in the one you opened, anyway I'll get to the point.

WSE stands for Warband Script Enhancer, it allows modders to use a variety of new operations allowing new features not possible or otherwise too complicated to do before.
This mod uses WSE codes, hence it requires to be launched with a special game launcher (WSE.exe) to read the operations, otherwise they won't be read by the game creating a multitude of errors and malfunctions.

The mod has been developed when version 1.143 of warband came out and it is supplied with a version of WSE supported by the 1.143 version of M&B Warband. Hence why I recommend to have a copy of M&B 1.143 installed (you can use your Steam code to play it, if I recall correctly there is a steam key converter in the Taleworlds website to convert your steam key if the format is not the same, no need to buy the game again, even if taleworlds would be glad you did).

I have been told that downloading the latest version of the WSE special launcher allows you to play with one of the more recent versions of Warband.

I hope I cleared your doubts, If you did not understand some part ask away.

Pardon my English.

Thank You.  I appreciate you taking the time to explain and help. 

I've been to several places where I was supposed to get a 1.143 download, even free ones.  But I ususally got an error message that IE could not make a connection or some other unkowable circumstance occured.  So I bought a new game on ebay and it will arrive in a couple of days.  Just hope the version will work as it was not in the description.  My thinking being that the purchased game could be updated to 1.143 and leave steam to update itself as needed.   I guess steam upgrades WSE when it becomes available.

I know where my steam key is,  but I don't understand about the converter or how it would work.  (let alone knowing it even existed)  Would that key and converter take my current steam Warband 1.153 and reconfigure it to be 1.143?? and then be able to use all the mods??  (It's these types of things I was getting at about having an information sticky.)

Thanks again for your efforts.

zimm out

WSE is a modder's tool/program, not affiliated to Taleworlds nor Steam.

The problem with Steam is that it will automatically update your game to the latest version that's why I suggested you to download a non-steam version and use this Steam key Converter to manually upgrade your non Steam version of the game to 1.143 which is the version of WSE included in the mod.

The Steam converter converts your Steam Key to a non-Steam key that you can use in a non Steam version of the game to play it.

Scheme to make the mod work:

1- Download and install M&B Warband 1.143 with the link I provided.
2- Use the Steam key converter to get a valid key for your non-steam Warband 1.143
3- Download and install the mod
4- In the mod folder go to WSE.exe, right click and create a desktop shortcut
5- Double click shortcut, select mod
6- Play
7-???

zemdu said:
zimmer plz post these cind of things in the faq

Ok I'll stop posting.

Thank You Seek n Destroy for your patience and understanding and help.  You were most gracious in your efforts to bring about a light in a dark place.

Kindest Regards

zimm out

Back
Top Bottom