Ok so it's a bad release, no big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

MadocComadrin said:
Bluebeard said:
MadocComadrin said:
Let me ask you a question, would you want to be around people who constantly whine and disparage a group of people over a relatively trivial reason-especially if those people have been long standing members of a tight-knit community and many (if not most of) the disparagers being people who haven't even been around for a day?

Well, it seems to me you're the one having thin skin here.
Not really. Defending a fellow modder and great asset to the community from this foolishness is not having thin skin. Besides, how does this answer the question?

I forgot to answer the question, but I will do it now.

The truth is that I have no will to intervene on behalf of any group and I believe that veterancy grants no special rights whatsoever. I just read what people say, regardless of their nicknames or registering date, and react to it.

For the record I understand that criticism can often turn into childish spam because people don't care to go deeper and spend time to specify what's wrong. Yes, that's not constructive.
That doesn't mean that adopting another kind of non-costructive behaviour (and that's what you did) is the thing to do. In my eyes it's just the same thing.

Let me ask you a question: how is calling others idiots going to improve the situation? Will it make people stop? Do you think anyone would read your post and say "Ah! This guy is totally right! Thanks for opening my eyes!"?

The truth is that I have no will to intervene on behalf of any group and I believe that veterancy grants no special rights whatsoever. I just read what people say, regardless of their nicknames or registering date, and react to it.
It's not just veterancy, it's merit, friendship, past contributions, etc.

Let me ask you a question: how is calling others idiots going to improve the situation? Will it make people stop? Do you think anyone would read your post and say "Ah! This guy is totally right! Thanks for opening my eyes!"?
The people worth staying will recognize--perhaps not right away--that they were foolish (it's happened before) and the others should heed the latter part of the post. The people in-between will most likely find themselves on the wrong side of a ban hammer.

KidKoala said:
Am I the only person who's really enjoying this mod so far and has had few issues?
Yes. Hopefully you have figured that out by now.

Rallix said:
If you're willing to wait for a stable release, then don't whine. Help pick up the pieces.
We're sick of having to pick up the pieces m8. Sick of it. Especially when people pay money for this ****. And particularly with all the **** optimised disappointments released in 2014. These "community members" need to realise that not everyone has the time, patience or will to sit around toying with the devs ad trying to sort **** out with them. Some of us just want to hae a game that works, and a game which runs worse on my PC than Native Warband, especially when it affects then my experience and enjoyment of the game, is simply no longer acceptable for the consumer. Saying that "all games need patching nowadays  after launch so what ***** please" doesnt excuse VC, or indeed any other game. So even though we understand that the devs had limited resources, time, etc etc (insert excuse here), when you end up paying the same amount of money that you would have done in order to buy a game that doesnt function properly, then we have an issue. And that issue is a burden that, on ethical terms, the company has to rectify itself, instead of then blaming it oon the "unhelpful" consumers(being the ones providing the good/ service) . Any consumers who want to contribute are more than welcome, but dont expect us all to spend serious time on fixing what should have never been an issue in the first place (especially when its basic features like horse textures and battles).
In fact, most of us could argue that there is no reason why we should waste more time on a mod which has most likely not lived up to its expectations, and simply cut it off and play something else - no shortage of games to try during the Holiday Season. If and when it is fixed, we can see if people come back, especially to VC's MP.
See you in a week.

Armagan said:
This was our first release as an independent developer and apparently we still have a long way to go and much to learn. I want to apologize to our players and especially the Brytenwalda team for this problematic release. It was our duty as Taleworlds and of course my duty as the manager to make this release as smooth and satisfactory as possible. Unfortunately we failed in this. However, I want everyone to rest assured that we will work very hard in the coming days together with the Byrtenwalda team to fix all the problems and make sure that players will get a great gaming experience and fully enjoy Viking Conquest's innovative features and excellent storyline. 

MadocComadrin said:
a game which runs worse on my PC than Native Warband, especially when it affects then my experience and enjoyment of the game, is simply no longer acceptable for the consumer.
Your PC is your problem.
Nah m8. Believe me, it is not, and I am surely not the only one complaining about the framerate drops.

As for this:
MadocComadrin said:
Otherwise, ask for your money back and leave the forum forever, your presence is unwanted.
I love how you try to kick out the people who actually note the faults needing improvement. But then of course VC is perfect so we are being overly sensitive by pointing out that such practices (pay now, patch later) are unacceptable.
Fanboism at its finest.

RabbleKnight said:
Armagan said:
This was our first release as an independent developer and apparently we still have a long way to go and much to learn.
At least they acknowledge it. Now we want patches  :smile:

Ok, I can understand the lag, it happens and isn't always controllable but there are other things that bother me about this "dlc". 
-Why is there only 1 class for multiplayer?  it makes no sense and honestly ruins it for me
-no diversity between the faction.. they are all pretty much the same thing
-maps are literally ****, all the maps, ****.
-horrible textures... how did this happen?  Native has decent textures than BOOM a 12 dollar "dlc" that has ****tier textures/graphics

These are just off the top of my head

TheGG said:
Nah m8. Believe me, it is not, and I am surely not the only one complaining about the framerate drops.
It's still your problem. It seems to me that it's not improbable that VC would take more power to play.

As for this:
MadocComadrin said:
Otherwise, ask for your money back and leave the forum forever, your presence is unwanted.
I love how you try to kick out the people who actually note the faults needing improvement. But then of course VC is perfect so we are being overly sensitive by pointing out that such practices (pay now, patch later) are unacceptable.
Fanboism at its finest.
I did no such thing. Rather, I'm asking people who whine and insult the devs with no intent on actually helping people to leave or change their behavior. Also, your accusation of fanboyism is extremely off base. I did not play Brytenwalda, I was and am still on the fence about VC (for reasons other than the bugs and such). I'm standing up for a fellow modder and community member. Furthermore, I'm attempting to protect the forum base of the predictable influx of whiners, complainers and spammers that comes with such a release.

MadocComadrin said:
It's still your problem. It seems to me that it's not improbable that VC would take more power to play.
You don't need to speculate, because the system requirements were publicized. And lo, they were the same as for NW.

I think the team will fix most of the issues present, I will say that Brytenwalda certainly has better options (just my opinion) and looks much better at this point.

This DLC pictures is prett cool, I say napoleonic wars was not much more than a mod, no single player, and not too much models.
But I have to say, this is like a mod, all those crashes, at least this DLC is a different modules instead of just new factions and items

MadocComadrin said:

Can I have my money back?  No, seriously, I'm asking?  Really, who do you think would actually give a refund?  Steam?  Hahaha!  Obviously this is my fault for buying without looking - My fault for having faith in the Taleworlds/Brytenwalda brands, not realizing that pretty much anything you buy these days is "early access"... even from people you trust.

Also, trying to trivialize peoples complaints here, when this stuff is incredibly obvious to anyone who even plays an hour,  is pretty funny.  The sad part to me is that the "testers" are probably going to get to add this to their resume instead of being blacklisted from the industry as would be just. 

NukularPower said:
The sad part to me is that the "testers" are probably going to get to add this to their resume instead of being blacklisted from the industry as would be just. 
Ah, another person who wants to hurt someone's livelihood because they encountered some issues in their entertainment.

MadocComadrin said:
NukularPower said:
The sad part to me is that the "testers" are probably going to get to add this to their resume instead of being blacklisted from the industry as would be just. 
Ah, another person who wants to hurt someone's livelihood because they encountered some issues in their entertainment.
Generally speaking, in the real world, one's profession often suffers if there is a lack of professionalism.

The funny thing about this is, if they took the time to test everything thoroughly and fix every bug, the same people would be complaining about how they didn't release it on time: a lose-lose situation. You can be assured that the feedback the Viking Conquest team would find the most useful is a bug report with a screenshot, and instructions on how to reproduce the bug; as opposed to assumptions on the quality of Bannerlord and entitled requests for money back.

The bugs and crashes will be fixed, but they will be fixed faster if they get actually useful bug reports and feedback.

I havent preordered a game in ages for this reason. I took a leap of faith and got burnt by a company I had complete faith in, wow. Lesson learned, never again. Never had a problem with a TaleWorld product before. But if they released this in this state, I have to question any further purchases I will make with them. What a let down, TaleWorlds and Stardock were the only companies I ever trusted, guess its just Stardock now.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
MadocComadrin said:
NukularPower said:
Generally speaking, in the real world, one's profession often suffers if there is a lack of professionalism.

I am a software developer. I dont work with games. But I do work side by side with testers.

Anyone that blames testers for othe bugs in a software/game just doesnt understand what a software is.

I will try to make a very simple demonstration:

1) Software version 0.9.1 is pushed for testing
2) Testers have a list of tests to execute. They have a schedule to follow. And they have limited hours.
2.1) Scripted tests are done
2.2) Extra tests are done too
2.3) Problems are listed and sent to devs
3) Bugs are not fixed. Software is released.

Would you still say that testers - that did theirs job - are to blame?

Change item 2 for something like: 1 week for testing, it would need 2 to test it all.

How about now?

And lets not forget three things:
A) No software is without bugs
B) Its not possible to test all cases. All hardware combinations. All softwares combinations (drivers, OS, ...).
C) Games also need to balance gameplay. And that takes testing time.

Montavious said:
I havent preordered a game in ages for this reason. I took a leap of faith and got burnt by a company I had complete faith in, wow. Lesson learned, never again. Never had a problem with a TaleWorld product before. But if they released this in this state, I have to question any further purchases I will make with them. What a let down, TaleWorlds and Stardock were the only companies I ever trusted, guess its just Stardock now.

1) I don't know how many times it has to be said that it was not Taleworlds doing the bulk of the development.
2) Viking Conquest adds loads of new content. To me, Fire and Sword was more of a disappointment, because it had such a lack of features. Bug will be ironed out as time goes on, which is why I trust Taleworlds, they patch their games to fix the bugs. The Brytenwalda/Viking Conquest team has a similar history, given that the final version of Brytenwalda is stable, having played it myself.
3) That is not remotely helpful, read my post directly before yours. The game will be patched faster if people are helpful.

I do not deny there are bugs, just the response should be reports with screenshots and how to replicate it; not claims of Taleworlds ruining everything and your all so important trust. I measure trust by how fast (and if) issues are responded to and fixed, and it is too early to pass judgment on that.

The Dark Robin said:
Montavious said:

1) I don't know how many times it has to be said that it was not Taleworlds doing the bulk of the development.
2) Viking Conquest adds loads of new content. To me, Fire and Sword was more of a disappointment, because it had such a lack of features. Bug will be ironed out as time goes on, which is why I trust Taleworlds, they patch their games to fix the bugs. The Brytenwalda/Viking Conquest team has a similar history, given that the final version of Brytenwalda is stable, having played it myself.
3) That is not remotely helpful, read my post directly before yours. The game will be patched faster if people are helpful.

I do not deny there are bugs, just the response should be reports with screenshots and how to replicate it; not claims of Taleworlds ruining everything and your all so important trust. I measure trust by how fast (and if) issues are responded to and fixed, and it is too early to pass judgment on that.
You have your opinion, I have mine. And it doesnt matter if they were doing the development or not, it was their good name on the line in the end. Either way you look at it, this was one of the two companies I never felt shafted by, even if stuff was messed up on release, I have all their games. But this is piss poor.

Back
Top Bottom