Ok seriously this bandit spawns are annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

I had a big great campaign (i mean it, it was like two weeks constant conquest) but since i had no lords at that point taiga bandits, looters and steppe bandits went totally haywire, there are now like 20 000 of this guys running around and no lordly army can deal with them, the problem is that they are really no danger to me, i killed 5000 of them with a few hundred of my men, but they are tedious as heck, then when another 2000 of those bastards attacked me i finally snapped and used cheats to knock them all out, whole group (well ok,it was more like 1400, i already killed 600 of them) because if i fought them normally i would loose maybe two dozen men that i can easily replace but would waste about 1.5 hours on it, can the new version pleas have some sort of limit to bandit spawns so this kind of thing does not happen anymore.

LibSpit said:
Did you use any cheats to increase your experience or levels?

No, but i use my character for multiple games so it's now LvL 44, no cheating (unless you count import export), i grinded those levels fairly with over 3000 kills.

ok, I don't know whether importing would affect it or not, there is just a known 'bug' that if you xp cheat the bandits spawning can go 'haywire'.

LibSpit said:
ok, I don't know whether importing would affect it or not, there is just a known 'bug' that if you xp cheat the bandits spawning can go 'haywire'.

Well there parties are cca 100 strong, it's only that there are cca 200 such parties running around, in normal circumstances lords would cull the bandit population so it would never come to this but it seems there is no limit to how many bandits actually spawn, only "spawn this amount of bandits this often" and the game assumes that lords (or the player) will take care of it, but in this case they don't.

Yeah, level affects bandit spawns.

The more amusing thing is bandits can join up, so you can in fact get thousands-strong bandit armies, which while weak on field will wreck everyone in autoresolve...

Alavaria said:
Yeah, level affects bandit spawns.

The more amusing thing is bandits can join up, so you can in fact get thousands-strong bandit armies, which while weak on field will wreck everyone in autoresolve...

Yes, i know, i think it should be limited, it's no fun spending 10 hours sitting back and waiting for your men to slaughter scores of bandits, you must be there because auto resolve sucks but there is no real challenging to it as normal reinforcing troops can wreck bandit parties 30 to 1 without your help, it's just time consuming and grindy, and every game should try to eliminate those bits that are just plain boring, as this is.

Computica said:
That's my fault, I never set a limit in the code.

It's ok, i just periodically do a cleanup where i draw as many bandit parties at me as i can and knock them all out via cheats, otherwise my lords keep getting pummeled by vastly superior force.

It's actually useful if your kingdom is friendly with bandits as they will play defense for you.

Back
Top Bottom