Ok let's talk about archer

Users who are viewing this thread

They are way to overpowered, I don't know if it's deliberate or not but for me they are the most insane unit, It's a bit unbalance, especially with the decline in cavalry effectiveness since Warband.

It's particulary noticable in the hideout/ bandit battle where the only strat is to snipe the ennemy army.

I don't know how this problem can be solve btw and maybe it's not the opinion of everyone here, but for me archer and bandit archer has to be nerf

Just wait til you run into javelin chuckers... lol. I took legionnaires and max tier archers into a mountain bandit hideout and got slaughtered.

edit-
Not to take away from your point though. In my opinion both archers and throwers are extremely OP. I think they are too accurate. Your melee troops just get picked off with way too much precision.

You're right, when I say archer, I mean all the distance troops.

My method for hideout, only high tier archers, no mele, no companion and snipping all the bandit one by one.

Its fun but for me its the only way to suceed so it might be dispointing for a lot.

You're right, when I say archer, I mean all the distance troops.

My method for hideout, only high tier archers, no mele, no companion and snipping all the bandit one by one.

Its fun but for me its the only way to suceed so it might be dispointing for a lot.

How do you snipe them one by one when there are groups of 10-15 together almost in all hideouts once past day 200? Always dark map, steady stream of arrows hitting your elite archers and then by the 3rd or 4th campfire in a hideout large groups of bandits usually 2 or 3x the size of your party?

Archers in hideouts are almost at their maximum potential- get into field battles with a decent group of heavy infantry and they will roll over archers though they definitely will take more losses than in previous M&B games the heavy infantry will win decisively.

I do wish troops would raise their shields when they become aware of incoming archer arrows. Watching them stand in line shields at their side and get picked off is annoying. At the same time the crazy run speed and mass blob of melee combat means whoever has the biggest blob even of lower tier units tends to win really fast.

Cavalry vs archers are also in a weak state due to the archer accuracy. Unless using couched lances 90% of the first charge does not kill mid and high tier archers whose armour protects enough damage and then once the cavalry are past the arrows take an immense toll with most waves of cavalry down 50% after one pass.

Partly it is just very difficult to use combined arms in the larger battles with the way the UI is designed. Ordering your infantry to advance shields held high- the archers behind, and the cavalry to follow you to the flank is extremely clunky and seems way more difficult than in the older M&B (I have only played a bit in Warband and later so I am not sure when it changed).

Back
Top Bottom